Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: rrhf on June 09, 2023, 02:10:25 PM
I think Donaghmore name is already on it fellas, albeit it's a long time ago... I agree though with the points.  Loughmacrory are a serious seasoned group, well coached and full of football, as also are, Errigal, Dromore, Dungannon, Carmen, Killyclogher, Trillick, Ardboe, Omagh and Coalisland who would be on everyones lips to win the thing. Don't see that changing anytime soon.
Favourites: Errigal Ciaran
Main Contenders: Dungannon, Trillick and Dromore
Hard to see any winners outside of those four.

Tyrone2021

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 10, 2023, 12:10:05 AM
I think Donaghmore name is already on it fellas, albeit it's a long time ago... I agree though with the points.  Loughmacrory are a serious seasoned group, well coached and full of football, as also are, Errigal, Dromore, Dungannon, Carmen, Killyclogher, Trillick, Ardboe, Omagh and Coalisland who would be on everyones lips to win the thing. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Mad take. I'll save this one for October

LeoMc

Quote from: superstar_ on June 10, 2023, 12:02:12 AM
Quote from: Jerome on June 09, 2023, 01:47:02 PM
Loughmacorys name will be on the O'Neill cup before Donaghmores.
Loughmacrory had two players make their senior debuts in the first three games, Donaghmore had six. That would suggest that Donaghmore are closer to that O'Neill cup.

Or it might suggest Donaghmore had a weaker team to allow more minors to come through!
I don't think the ONeill cup is given to the team with the most debutants.

GaaGPT

D1 - Championship
Winners - Errigal
Contenders - Trillick, Loughmacrory

D2 - Championship
Winners - Clonoe
Contenders - Pomeroy, Owen Roes

D3 - Championship
Winners - Cookstown
Contenders - Fintona

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on June 11, 2023, 10:34:08 PM

Who else do you capable outside of the 4? As in string together 4 consecutive wins

Wee Roddy

I actually would have Dromore and Carrickmore ahead of Trillick, Dungannon or Loughmacrory.
Carmen won the league 2 years ago and pushed a good Errigal team to the pin of it in last years final.
Errigal at full strength are a wee bit better than all but can be caught.

Onthe40

not is sure Dungannon in top 4 or 6.... not setting world alight...

Tyrone2021

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 12, 2023, 01:28:43 PM

Who else do you capable outside of the 4? As in string together 4 consecutive wins
Carrickmore for me have to be in the favourites discussion. Id like to hear why you think they shouldn't. Beaten in last years final and won a league two years ago.

Eire90

is there playoff for league title or just league leaders are champions.

breakingball78

Quote from: Eire90 on June 12, 2023, 10:34:17 PM
is there playoff for league title or just league leaders are champions.

Tell me your division 2 or 3 without telling me your division 2 or 3.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on June 12, 2023, 10:08:58 PM

Carrickmore for me have to be in the favourites discussion. Id like to hear why you think they shouldn't. Beaten in last years final and won a league two years ago.
A championship run of beating Coalisland (missing three best forwards) Loughmacrory and Clonoe doesn't strike me as genuine outright contenders. They haven't beaten any of the established bigger teams in my eyes to be considered ahead of them.
If I was picking an upset for the championship first round it would most likely be Edendork nipping Carrickmore in my opinion.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 13, 2023, 09:22:43 PM

A championship run of beating Coalisland (missing three best forwards) Loughmacrory and Clonoe doesn't strike me as genuine outright contenders. They haven't beaten any of the established bigger teams in my eyes to be considered ahead of them.
If I was picking an upset for the championship first round it would most likely be Edendork nipping Carrickmore in my opinion.

A team who were League champions 2021, League Semi Final & Championship runners last year yet Goals_Will_Come reckons they aren't genuine contenders... Last years run may not have been the hardest but the teams all still had to be beat & with the current crop and selection of players I would imagine the target this year is to get back to Healy Park in October and right the wrongs...

rrhf

Penrose took a hold on the game last year and Errigal finished on a sweat. Carmen undoubtedly should be in the top 2 contenders. There is so many good teams in the chasing back that all can give it a crack that it will be difficult for new blood to get up and in there for a few years. The championship know how and consistency is critical in Tyrone football. Of thatt chasing pack I think that Dromore team have plenty more in them and ran Errigal very close last year as well. 

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 14, 2023, 10:09:43 AM

A team who were League champions 2021, League Semi Final & Championship runners last year yet Goals_Will_Come reckons they aren't genuine contenders... Last years run may not have been the hardest but the teams all still had to be beat & with the current crop and selection of players I would imagine the target this year is to get back to Healy Park in October and right the wrongs...
If Carrickmore beat Edendork do you fancy them to beat Trillick, who have been in the top 2/3 teams since 2015? And then Dungannon or Dromore, don't see it. I would have them in the pack behind my top four with Omagh Killyclogher and Coalisland.

Tyrone11234

Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 14, 2023, 10:09:43 AM

Welcome to the board Ryan Daly