The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

They don't really need any new additions maybe in midfield. They will just play better.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jaysus Pat i was late to the game but even i can see major surgery needed in midfield

trailer

Quote from: Armamike on January 15, 2023, 08:05:06 PM
Liverpool are obviously gone for this season but a couple of additions for next season can see them up there again.

Lol

Actually are you ok? Deluded Armagh strikes again.

Armamike

You're fairly predictable. If that shite Man U team can be turned around with the signing of Casimiro Liverpool should be ok.

That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

Captain Scarlet

I actually grew up supporting United but Klopp and Liverpool are overall very likeable.
But he can't go without blame in terms of the signings and keeping some lads around too long.

When Van Dijk was injured he had to rely on Gomez and Matip who are always crocked. Surely, one of them should have been shipped out for a lad who stays fit long before that.

Then midfield gets run into the ground and you get in Thiago and buy Oxlade-Chamberlain who are always injured. Fabinho is only 29 but looks nearly 40 the way he is moving now. Keita is just not that good.
Henderson knew when to cover TAA but he is not as effective either so that's TAA fecked with zero protection and a high line.

Then there was a relative splurge on the top end of the pitch and it's not as potent without Mane.

The signings have not been good enough and they have too many sicknotes knocking about. The thing is Liverpool, because of Klopp, can get good deals. In recent times United were screwed as the better players didn't want to come bar they got paid loads.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

supersub

Sorry but that's a load of balls. Klopp's recruitment in the last 5-6 years for the money he/they were allowed to spend was unbelievable. They have competed at the very top against the likes of City who are spending 100s of millions in wages and transfer fees every window. Ffs Liverpool had to break the bank/mould to give Salah what he needed to stay.

He turned the likes of Roberstson, Gini, Mane, Firmino, Salah, Fabinho into top top players. They don't sign 'readymade' players for huge money aside from VVD & Alisson (& hopefully Nunez!!). So for what he has, which is admittedly a lot more than 'smaller' clubs, he has done exceptionally well to compete for so long.

The issue lies with the wider recruitment which solely lies with the owners. If the money was there it would be spent and our squad wouldn't be so threadbare once players start kicking on and picking up knocks etc!

Armamike

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 16, 2023, 04:00:30 PM
I actually grew up supporting United but Klopp and Liverpool are overall very likeable.
But he can't go without blame in terms of the signings and keeping some lads around too long.

When Van Dijk was injured he had to rely on Gomez and Matip who are always crocked. Surely, one of them should have been shipped out for a lad who stays fit long before that.

Then midfield gets run into the ground and you get in Thiago and buy Oxlade-Chamberlain who are always injured. Fabinho is only 29 but looks nearly 40 the way he is moving now. Keita is just not that good.
Henderson knew when to cover TAA but he is not as effective either so that's TAA fecked with zero protection and a high line.

Then there was a relative splurge on the top end of the pitch and it's not as potent without Mane.

The signings have not been good enough and they have too many sicknotes knocking about. The thing is Liverpool, because of Klopp, can get good deals. In recent times United were screwed as the better players didn't want to come bar they got paid loads.

On the face of it Mane is a big miss but he's not getting any younger either and we've probably seen the best of him.  I think it's been very unfortunate to lose Diaz to long term injury when Mane has just left.  Diaz would have brought the same time of energy that Mane was known for.  It's not the only factor, but Liverpool have been plagued by injuries again this season as they were two years.  We had a fairly good run of fitness last year and it showed in the results.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Capt Pat

Liverpool and Wolves are both putting out weakened teams. Kelleher is in goals for Liverpool.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 17, 2023, 07:09:51 PM
Liverpool and Wolves are both putting out weakened teams. Kelleher is in goals for Liverpool.

Playing for penalties then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Gabriel_Hurl

Bajcetic pure class last night

QuoteLiverpool owners Fenway Sports Group are increasingly likely to sell a minority stake in the club rather than sanction a full takeover.

The Athletic revealed in November that FSG were seeking new investment and were open to offers with US banks Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley sounding out interest.

However, two months on, the Boston-based group, who have owned Liverpool since October 2010, have yet to receive any suitably attractive proposals.

Senior FSG sources have dismissed recent speculation that they are on the brink of selling Liverpool to a Qatari consortium or anyone else. No discussions are at an advanced stage. Their current preference is to sell a small portion of the club but they insist that nothing is imminent on that front.

FSG bought Liverpool for £300 million over 12 years ago and it's now valued at in excess of £3 billion. It remains to be seen if a bid is tabled that alters their plan to retain the major shareholding.

Jurgen Klopp's side have struggled this season and find themselves 10 points adrift of the Champions League places. However, Klopp retains the full support of the ownership group, who believe injuries have been a major factor in the team's struggles. Spirits were lifted by Tuesday's FA Cup third round replay victory over Wolves.

J70

It's early for me and maybe I'm missing something but where was the offside?

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 21, 2023, 12:37:21 PM
It's early for me and maybe I'm missing something but where was the offside?
When the ball came back off the post Havertz was in an offside position.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.