Importing

Started by trueblue1234, August 03, 2021, 03:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Just liking a bit of advice. Was looking at testing the water with importing a few products from China. But a complete novice at this. I have prices from the manufacturers including cost of shipping to Belfast port. What other costs do I need to consider? I'm assuming I'll be liable for import Tax? Also cost of transporting from Belfast port to home etc. Just trying to work out if it's viable.

Would I be better trying to cost shipping directly myself or go with what the manufacturer are offering. The items are light but about 1m high x 1.5 m long.
Any advice welcome.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GJL

You will need to ascertain the commodity code and this will tell you what percentage import duty you will have to pay.

LeoMc

StPatsAbu

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 03, 2021, 03:13:30 PM
Just liking a bit of advice. Was looking at testing the water with importing a few products from China. But a complete novice at this. I have prices from the manufacturers including cost of shipping to Belfast port. What other costs do I need to consider? I'm assuming I'll be liable for import Tax? Also cost of transporting from Belfast port to home etc. Just trying to work out if it's viable.

Would I be better trying to cost shipping directly myself or go with what the manufacturer are offering. The items are light but about 1m high x 1.5 m long.
Any advice welcome.

Any Crossmaglen posters should be able to advise how to avoid paying any tax at all ;)