China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on September 24, 2021, 08:06:58 AM
Quote from: Rudi on September 21, 2021, 03:21:19 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 21, 2021, 03:03:10 PM
Lets imagine this is a factory.

There are always problems, defects , failures. How to you improve throughput and reduce waste, you improve detection, reduce severity and reduce occurence. We have done that with vacinnes and track trace etc.

Then you have to look at bottlenecks-ICU.

Improve capacity-more beds, more staff.

Then we have no crisis until the next one. Then we start again

Straight from the PFMEA manual, refresher course recently?  ;D

I wonder have the HSE opened an A3 on it?

Probably

https://www.hse.ie/eng/about/who/healthbusinessservices/hbs-business-relationship-management/hbs-operational-excellence-programme.html

sid waddell

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on September 25, 2021, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2021, 11:32:11 AM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-who-was-released-from-a-co-donegal-hospital-by-anti-vaccination-campaigners-against-medical-advice-has-died-in-hospital-40886238.html

Jesus. Those people actually need locked up. (And yes no one should be listening to them)

Do you these whack jobs will do a mea culpa and see the error of their ways?

Not a chance.

Fuckwits.
I had just heard about that, my god, utter madness.

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update. A small rise in case numbers and hospitals figures.

9321 cases (76 more cases than last week)
296 in hospital (18 more than a week ago)
65 ICU ( 2 more than last Sunday)

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2021, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 27, 2021, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 25, 2021, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2021, 11:32:11 AM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-who-was-released-from-a-co-donegal-hospital-by-anti-vaccination-campaigners-against-medical-advice-has-died-in-hospital-40886238.html

Jesus. Those people actually need locked up. (And yes no one should be listening to them)

I had just heard about that, my god, utter madness.
Those fckwits should be charged with manslaughter!!

I wonder did they go to his funeral?

By all accounts he was closely aligned to the said lunatic fringe. Some Italien gobda might get a prison sentence yet. Then again this is Ireland, not a feckin hope. He should be shot showed up a dogs arse & the dog shot.

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on September 25, 2021, 05:47:34 PM
Anybody notice a trend?

Yes. People in rural counties are at a disadvantage in the vaccination program and more needs to be done to reach them, as opposed to just worrying about the big cities.

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 27, 2021, 12:47:27 PM
Yes. People in rural counties are at a disadvantage in the vaccination program and more needs to be done to reach them, as opposed to just worrying about the big cities.

No doubt, but in some cases you can bring a horse to water but the horse hasn't the sense to drink it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on September 27, 2021, 02:10:54 PM

No doubt, but in some cases you can bring a horse to water but the horse hasn't the sense to drink it.

How so?

Most GP clinics were doing Covid jabs as well as the pop up vaccination centres!

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on September 25, 2021, 05:47:34 PM
Anybody notice a trend?

My in-laws and my wife's wider family ALL come from an extremely rural area in the western US.

My in-laws are vaccinated, and have been for months, as are some of the other relatives. You know which ones aren't? The hardline Trump/"freedom" ones, that's who.

The NY Times put out an article today showing some county-level stats from a blue state (MD) and a red state (WY). Take a wild guess as to how the presidential election correlates with vaccinations and Covid death rates.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/briefing/covid-red-states-vaccinations.html

I'm sure more in-depth analysis remains to be done, but the best part of the article was this particular piece of Breitbart "wisdom":

In an article this month for Breitbart, the right-wing website formerly run by Steve Bannon, John Nolte argued that the partisan gap in vaccination rates was part of a liberal plot. Liberals like Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Anthony Fauci and Howard Stern have tried so hard to persuade people to get vaccinated, because they know that Republican voters will do the opposite of whatever they say, Nolte wrote.

His argument is certainly bizarre, given that Democratic politicians have been imploring all Americans to get vaccinated and many Republican politicians have not. But Nolte did offer a glimpse at a creeping political fear among some Republicans. "Right now, a countless number of Trump supporters believe they are owning the left by refusing to take a lifesaving vaccine," Nolte wrote. "In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?"

To be fair to the Breitbart dude, his overall point is that even IF you don't want to take the vaccine because the leftists are being mean and condescending and they really are trying to use reverse psychology for malignant means, you might want to reconsider for your own sake. However, that this type of insane, reactionary, paranoid state of mind even exists among a significant section of the US population is just mind-boggling and epitomizes where the right in the US is.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Close the thread, boring as feck at this stage.

armaghniac

Perhaps Biden could sort out the budget deficit by asking everyone to claim their tax allowances. According to the above theory this would lead to Trump supporters doing the opposite! Mind you, I expect Trump himself wouldn't follow this approach.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B