Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Carey would have been fancied to beat Clooney Gaels, or some would suggest it was a 50/50 game. Cushendun were underdogs going into their game. Glenariffe are seasoned intermediate hurlers. Cushendun are finding their feet at this level.

Jonkunlon

Laois beating Waterford with 15 minutes left.

Milltown Row2

Laois level going into final quarter against Waterford
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Just wondering what the situation is across the board, seeing more and more clubs now shutting for a Covid spike.

Are we nearing a complete shut down again for a period of time?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: NAG1 on July 20, 2021, 11:26:30 AM
Just wondering what the situation is across the board, seeing more and more clubs now shutting for a Covid spike.

Are we nearing a complete shut down again for a period of time?

Not much in Derry, Craigbane only club I heard of , not sure about Antrim, I think we get full season played

MoChara

a strong statement from the newly formed Henry Joys in North Belfast

All support for below Letter very welcome. Pm our page to help but please share far and wide.
A chairde
We have requested to be ratified since February of this year. We have faced our data including bank balances and names leaked to other units, we cant see anywhere in the official guide where by this is standard procedure to follow as only rule 3.3 talks of new clubs.
We have 30 plus hurlers at adult level wishing to go and 30 plus juveniles. We cannot understand why we have to go through other clubs for ratification as 3.3 does not mention this. We have put our hearts and souls into this, from creating community outreach via youth and migrants to getting local business support for rigs.
To date our county board has requested the following.
- get each committee officer trained
- each coach foundation and safeguarding trained
- each coach access ni applied
- evidence of finance to pay fees and purchase equipment
- evidence of a bank account
- list of committee members
- list of players
- letter of support from a local football club
- 5-10 year development plan
- justification for our name which no other club use
- source training venues in the community
- a copy of club constitution
- a financial plan going forward to
- minutes from our agm
- a delegation to meet county board
The above has all been completed at their request, I think this is well and above rule 3.3. our vice chair was now informed that all clubs now have a say in our club.
This decision making process does not seem to be gaa orientated. We do not want anything from Antrim county executive committee other than our ratification to register our games, to make it safe for our community to fully partake.
The camogie club which is part of our one club plan is already registered insured and functioning, their process began months later than our hurlers.
I am a gaa member my entire life, a massive Antrim fan, this is not a line i want to follow, nor did i ever think bringing people into the game would be so difficult. This is not a decision we have taken lightly.
To finish I will quote our chairperson follwing his election win, "Every child in every parish in Antrim should have the opportunity to play our national games and to aspire to play for their club and their county at senior level in our county stadium" Ciaran McCavana 4th December 2018, I whole heartedly agree with his statement, we just simply want ratification and know why there is a hold up.
Is mise le meas
Executive Committee
Henry Joys and Mary Anns GA&CC

Jonkunlon

Where is this club located?

MoChara

I think their catchment is New Lodge up to Whitewell but I could be wrong.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: MoChara on July 21, 2021, 05:25:48 PM
I think their catchment is New Lodge up to Whitewell but I could be wrong.
Newington, New Lodge, Carrick Hill and surrounding areas.

Milltown Row2

Was there not a McCrakens team from Whiterock area years ago? Played in a maroon top
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2021, 06:44:53 PM
Was there not a McCrakens team from Whiterock area years ago? Played in a maroon top

Yip, Based out of Turf?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 21, 2021, 07:24:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2021, 06:44:53 PM

Yip, Based out of Turf?
Aye

Tony Baloney

Is that not prime Jannies/Gorts territory?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 21, 2021, 08:24:31 PM
Is that not prime Jannies/Gorts territory?

Johnnies traditionally don't pull from that area, you've Gorts and O'Dees, with O'dees primarily St James area.

The Johnnies way back in my day had Ballymurphy as a juvenile team that joined Commedagh in Championship to form St John's. They'd big numbers

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: MoChara on July 21, 2021, 01:50:02 PM
a strong statement from the newly formed Henry Joys in North Belfast

All support for below Letter very welcome. Pm our page to help but please share far and wide.
A chairde
We have requested to be ratified since February of this year. We have faced our data including bank balances and names leaked to other units, we cant see anywhere in the official guide where by this is standard procedure to follow as only rule 3.3 talks of new clubs.
We have 30 plus hurlers at adult level wishing to go and 30 plus juveniles. We cannot understand why we have to go through other clubs for ratification as 3.3 does not mention this. We have put our hearts and souls into this, from creating community outreach via youth and migrants to getting local business support for rigs.
To date our county board has requested the following.
- get each committee officer trained
- each coach foundation and safeguarding trained
- each coach access ni applied
- evidence of finance to pay fees and purchase equipment
- evidence of a bank account
- list of committee members
- list of players
- letter of support from a local football club
- 5-10 year development plan
- justification for our name which no other club use
- source training venues in the community
- a copy of club constitution
- a financial plan going forward to
- minutes from our agm
- a delegation to meet county board
The above has all been completed at their request, I think this is well and above rule 3.3. our vice chair was now informed that all clubs now have a say in our club.
This decision making process does not seem to be gaa orientated. We do not want anything from Antrim county executive committee other than our ratification to register our games, to make it safe for our community to fully partake.
The camogie club which is part of our one club plan is already registered insured and functioning, their process began months later than our hurlers.
I am a gaa member my entire life, a massive Antrim fan, this is not a line i want to follow, nor did i ever think bringing people into the game would be so difficult. This is not a decision we have taken lightly.
To finish I will quote our chairperson follwing his election win, "Every child in every parish in Antrim should have the opportunity to play our national games and to aspire to play for their club and their county at senior level in our county stadium" Ciaran McCavana 4th December 2018, I whole heartedly agree with his statement, we just simply want ratification and know why there is a hold up.
Is mise le meas
Executive Committee
Henry Joys and Mary Anns GA&CC
IF ONLY THERE WAS SOMETHING LIKE A CENTRAL FUNDED PROGRAMME TO HELP... OH WAIT... GAELFAST