Author Topic: Official Cavan GAA Thread  (Read 1985695 times)

Itchy

• View Profile
Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #15825 on: April 20, 2021, 08:24:46 PM »
Probably the toughest possible opening round, Tyrone in Omagh. They will want to put us back in our box. Should be tasty, a brilliant test for Mickey and the lads.

Tyrone in transition from Mickey Harte, great chance for the lads to pit down another marker. No reason the lads can't do ir

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #15826 on: April 20, 2021, 08:27:05 PM »
Tyrone in transition what planet are you on.Be short season for Cavan this year.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15827 on: April 20, 2021, 08:40:53 PM »
Tyrone in transition what planet are you on.Be short season for Cavan this year.

Ill explain it for you as you are obviously a wee bit slow. You see Tyrone previous Manager was Mickey Harte, you see he was their manager from 2002 to 2020 (18 yrs) and was by a mile Tyrone most successful manager wining 3 all irelands, 6 ulster's and 1 national league.

Last yr Tyrone and Harte parted ways and new management are in charge and will only have started training the team properly this week.

So the team are transitioning from one long standing manager to a new management team.

Hope that helps you.

Look-Up!

• View Profile
« Reply #15828 on: April 22, 2021, 02:00:14 PM »
Extremely tough draw. Tyrone in Omagh normally as tough as it gets but with a new management team and fresh voice and ideas, they will be looking to lay down a big marker in the Championship. If we do somehow manage to clear that hurdle, semi-final would be another big mountain.

Monaghan should be very happy with the draw, decent chance of making the final.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:03:27 PM by Look-Up! »

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15829 on: April 22, 2021, 02:42:33 PM »
Extremely tough draw. Tyrone in Omagh normally as tough as it gets but with a new management team and fresh voice and ideas, they will be looking to lay down a big marker in the Championship. If we do somehow manage to clear that hurdle, semi-final would be another big mountain.

Yet at the same time I wouldnt be totally surprised if Fermanagh took them. I would fancy Armagh to finally get to a final with that draw.

Look-Up!

• View Profile
« Reply #15830 on: April 22, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »

Yet at the same time I wouldnt be totally surprised if Fermanagh took them. I would fancy Armagh to finally get to a final with that draw.
Yes there's always a big game in Fermanagh same way there's always a bad game in Monaghan. Armagh another team impossible to gauge. Some nice young footballers coming into their prime but they still need to step up.
 Antrim too will be happy enough with the draw, as good as they could have hoped for. It's a coin toss really who makes the final.

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: April 22, 2021, 04:32:43 PM »
I read Fermanagh have lost a few players since last year. Tomas Corrigan,Ryan Jones and a few others opted out.
They have Sean Quigley back but would be very surprised if they beat Monaghan. Monaghan  should have more in their attack, and will be hurting from last year.

Tyrone in Omagh very tough for Cavan, but it will get them focused. Might have been complacent if it was Antrim

Cavan19

• View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: April 23, 2021, 11:21:53 AM »
A couple of lads gone from the panel didn't pass some of the tests.

Look-Up!

• View Profile
« Reply #15833 on: April 23, 2021, 11:38:04 AM »
Any idea who? To be expected anyway at this stage as a very big turnout start of the week at training and players found it too disjointed. Probably just the lads new to it who need to go away and do their own work to get to level required now they've had their eyes opened. You'd hope the lads that have been involved before and those with serious claims would have been looking after themselves this past while and keeping up with their programmes.

Cavan19

• View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: April 23, 2021, 12:17:24 PM »
Any idea who? To be expected anyway at this stage as a very big turnout start of the week at training and players found it too disjointed. Probably just the lads new to it who need to go away and do their own work to get to level required now they've had their eyes opened. You'd hope the lads that have been involved before and those with serious claims would have been looking after themselves this past while and keeping up with their programmes.

I just heard buchanan but i think there was possibly four in total i will try find out more later.

Look-Up!

• View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: May 08, 2021, 01:29:11 PM »
Any rumours on the club scene?

Heard plenty myself. Mackey back with Castlerahan maybe.

McVeety back too at some stage but to concentrate on club.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: May 09, 2021, 10:11:44 AM »
Read that we bet Roscommon in a challenge in the Hyde yesterday, anyone know of any details?

Look-Up!

• View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: May 09, 2021, 11:17:19 AM »
Read that we bet Roscommon in a challenge in the Hyde yesterday, anyone know of any details?
Maybe I picked it up wrong but I heard we lost by 1. Supposedly scrappy game, both teams rusty with plenty of errors. No real surprises on selection front, going with tried and trusted. That's what I heard anyway but details were scant.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: May 12, 2021, 08:50:02 AM »
Decent draws for the Minors and U20s, both with home games. My persona opinion is that these teams have been poorly organised on the field in the past number of years so I am hoping that this will have changed.

Seniors up on Saturday against Fermanagh, really need to get out of Div 3 at the first time of asking and beating Fermanagh away should be achievable, as long as there is no complacency. It will be interesting  to see who is on the match day panel, I have heard very little this year.

Dreadnought

• View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: May 12, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »
Decent draws for the Minors and U20s, both with home games. My persona opinion is that these teams have been poorly organised on the field in the past number of years so I am hoping that this will have changed.

Seniors up on Saturday against Fermanagh, really need to get out of Div 3 at the first time of asking and beating Fermanagh away should be achievable, as long as there is no complacency. It will be interesting  to see who is on the match day panel, I have heard very little this year.

Yeah a decent draw. Minors have a tough draw to get to the final, but the U20s have a very decent draw and I see no reason why they shouldn't get to the final there and you never know after that. Hoping both teams have a good year and a good run.

Aye, can't be complacent. Should be winning this, but do have to go out and do it. Need to just get out of this Division. We always go well in Brewster so hopefully same here. Mickey is a championship manager, always said league is for preparing, so I'm sure we'll see a few new faces as he tries a few things.