Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: An Watcher on August 29, 2020, 09:42:45 PM
L'Immortal - Top Class

Brilliant!! Hopefully a sign of things to come in the next series!

screenexile

Anyone seen Tenet yet?? Hearing mostly terrible reviews!

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on September 03, 2020, 10:53:28 PM

Nolan didn't like it anyways, if his opinion worth anything  :)
https://twitter.com/StephenNolan/status/1301402062492708864?s=19

nrico2006

It couldnt be as bad as Dunkirk.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

I won't be going to see it anyway as I don't want to catch the plague.  Are they spacing people out in cinemas or other social distancing measures?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 04, 2020, 12:16:33 AM
I know in Omniplex it's chequer-boarded so if you book they'll block off the seats left, right, in front and behind. Even still I'm not that desperate although the new Bond or Top Gun might drag me out in a few months.

I won't be going to see it anyway as I don't want to catch the plague.  Are they spacing people out in cinemas or other social distancing measures?

trileacman

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 03, 2020, 11:18:31 PM

It's worse. Dunkirk at least had some rough semblance of structure.

If anyone wants to avoid a trip to see Tenet in these scary COVID times then just pull a pillow around your head and watch a 2 hour general relativity physics Lecture on YouTube. The stream of muffled explanations of incomprehensible physics jargon is more than a suitable replacement for Nolan's latest offering.

It's bad enough that Nolan thinks he's a f**king genius by writing films about "temporal pincer movements" but to add insult to injury by lifting whole passages of bad guy dialogue from Austin powers is just taking the piss. "How vould you like to die?" f**k off Dr No.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Main Street

The Trial of the Chicago 7, an excellent enactment of the 1968 Chicago police riots and subsequent attempt of the then recently elected Nixon's administration to charge selected civil rights activists and others on conspiracy of incitement to riot and crossing state lines.

Hmm,   that charge still sounds familiar but obviously does not apply to good ol' boys and their ilk.

ziggy90

Watched that last night. Very good.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on October 20, 2020, 11:27:39 AM
The Trial of the Chicago 7, an excellent enactment of the 1968 Chicago police riots and subsequent attempt of the then recently elected Nixon's administration to charge selected civil rights activists and others on conspiracy of incitement to riot and crossing state lines.

Hmm,   that charge still sounds familiar but obviously does not apply to good ol' boys and their ilk.

It's very very good. Well worth a watch

nrico2006

Quote from: trileacman on September 04, 2020, 12:56:15 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 03, 2020, 11:18:31 PM

It's worse. Dunkirk at least had some rough semblance of structure.

If anyone wants to avoid a trip to see Tenet in these scary COVID times then just pull a pillow around your head and watch a 2 hour general relativity physics Lecture on YouTube. The stream of muffled explanations of incomprehensible physics jargon is more than a suitable replacement for Nolan's latest offering.

It's bad enough that Nolan thinks he's a f**king genius by writing films about "temporal pincer movements" but to add insult to injury by lifting whole passages of bad guy dialogue from Austin powers is just taking the piss. "How vould you like to die?" f**k off Dr No.

Was looking forward to Tenet for months, searching for streams constantly and finally saw it last night - terrible.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Dunno if this should fall in with Movies or not but I watched the musical show Hamilton on Disney+ last week.  I didn't know a single thing about it before I sat down to watch it, but I was blown away.  I thought it a fantastic show.

Windmill abu

Quote from: lurganblue on December 04, 2020, 10:41:38 AM
Dunno if this should fall in with Movies or not but I watched the musical show Hamilton on Disney+ last week.  I didn't know a single thing about it before I sat down to watch it, but I was blown away.  I thought it a fantastic show.

+1

The guy who starred in and wrote the script, music and lyrics for the show, Lin-Manuel Miranda has won a Pulitzer Prize, three Tony Awards, three Grammys, an Emmy, and two Olivier Awards and has been nominated for an Academy Award.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Windmill abu on December 04, 2020, 02:29:58 PM

+1

The guy who starred in and wrote the script, music and lyrics for the show, Lin-Manuel Miranda has won a Pulitzer Prize, three Tony Awards, three Grammys, an Emmy, and two Olivier Awards and has been nominated for an Academy Award.

My wee girl is a Hamilton nut so I took her to see it in London in Feb. I didn't go in.

I eventually was persuaded to watch the Disney Plus version. It was superb. The detail, the songs, the choreography. I can't get my head around how they made it work but they did.

Side note: The Hercules Mulligan in it is from Coleraine. Not the actor. Thee person.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 04, 2020, 07:46:31 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on December 04, 2020, 02:29:58 PM

+1

My wee girl is a Hamilton nut so I took her to see it in London in Feb. I didn't go in.

I eventually was persuaded to watch the Disney Plus version. It was superb. The detail, the songs, the choreography. I can't get my head around how they made it work but they did.

Side note: The Hercules Mulligan in it is from Coleraine. Not the actor. Thee person.
Fool! We had tickets for it in July which obviously got binned. We watched it on Disney too and it was first class. I'll be back!