GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inisceithleann

Quote from: carnaross on April 06, 2009, 07:25:09 AM
Cuchullains got back on the winning trail after beating St. Benedicts easily in the end and Oisins beat Bros. Pearse, both games in Div. 1. I hear St. Anne's didn't make it over to play Hugh O'Neill's on Saturday evening after their bus broke down!

I think St Pat's Chester shipped a heavy defeat away to Young Irelands, 5-12 to 0-05 if the reports are correct. Not great for the confidence of a team starting out. Hopefully they'll become a bit more competitive in the county junior league and championship.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

inisceithleann

Lancashire's new website is up and running, www.lancashiregaa.co.uk. Looks very impressive and should be good for obtaining results and fixtures information.

carnaross

Very informative and well put together.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

BennyHarp

Quote from: inisceithleann on April 22, 2009, 07:52:59 PM
Lancashire's new website is up and running, www.lancashiregaa.co.uk. Looks very impressive and should be good for obtaining results and fixtures information.

I have to say it looks very impressive - all counties in Britain really should haev something similar up and running! I hope the forum doesnt turn into a slanging match like Hoganstand though!
That was never a square ball!!

laceer

oisins beat mitchells by 4
i'd say mitchells won't be too disappointed - they had a long (successful) season last year and will be flying come championship time
confidence boosting win for oisins

BennyHarp

As part of the GAA's 125 Years Anniversary Celebrations Yorkshire GAA are holding a Club day which will take place on Sunday 10th May 2009 at All Saints High School. This date was kept free at the start of the year and is included on the Yorkshire fixture list which I have been assured every club has recieved. The day wili include both underage and senior activities. Changing facilties have been booked for the whole day and we are hoping to have food available.The following is a rough breakdown of the day although this may be subject to change.

12pm - Under 12 Blitz - Go Games - Rules to be forwarded to clubs- Number of teams as yet unconfirmed

1pm - Croke Park Mini 7's Skills Competition - We are the only county in Brtain to be asked to send underage representatives to this event. The winners of this competiton (1 boy and 1 girl, aged between 10 and 12,) will be taking part in a mini 7's competition at Croke park in August 2009. Names of those taking part will need to be forwarded to myself by Wed 6th May 2009. Rules for this competiton will be sent out by Wed 6th May 2009. M. Gardner and A. Kitterick to organise and run this competition. Organisers decision is final.

1.30pm - Under 14 Blitz - Full rules - Number of teams as yet unconfirmed

2.30pm - Yorkshire Senior Club 7 a side - Football - 2 pitches

4.00pm - Hurling Exhibition Game - All clubs are asked to put forward any players who may be interested in playing in this game. 2 sides will be picked from whatever numbers we have. Please advise those taking part to bring any equipment they may need for this game.

Sounds like a good days craic - fair play to Andrew kitterick (CDA for Yorkshire) for organising!!
That was never a square ball!!

Plastic Paddy

Warwickshire' Leinster Junior Hurling League match today is at 3pm not 5pm as advertised. Best of luck to the lads, preperation for this season has been top class.

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on May 09, 2009, 10:54:04 AM
Warwickshire' Leinster Junior Hurling League match today is at 3pm not 5pm as advertised. Best of luck to the lads, preperation for this season has been top class.
Warwickshire 5-18 Leitrim 1-11

Warwickshire superb in the 1st half.Some serious hurlers all over the pitch especially in the forwards

maddog

Thats great scoring Paddy, let me know on this thread when the next game is and i'll take a race out.

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: maddog on May 11, 2009, 09:42:36 AM
Thats great scoring Paddy, let me know on this thread when the next game is and i'll take a race out.
This Saturday at home to London in the Junior championship replay Maddog. See you out there

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on May 11, 2009, 06:50:05 PM
Quote from: maddog on May 11, 2009, 09:42:36 AM
This Saturday at home to London in the Junior championship replay Maddog. See you out there
Warwickshire won this after extra time in a thriller which was a very tough encounter between two good teams.Warwickshire levelled it in normal time with a Des Kelly free from the sideline with the last puck of the game.London led by 3 points at 1/2 time in extra time but Warwickshire were outstanding in the final ten minutes winning by 4 or 5 points. I think the score was something like 4-17 to 5-9.

carnaross

Seems as though John Mitchel's are back in full swing after their latest victory in the Pennine League. Lawrence's beat Cuchullains too.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

inisceithleann

Quote from: carnaross on May 17, 2009, 09:53:36 AM
Seems as though John Mitchel's are back in full swing after their latest victory in the Pennine League. Lawrence's beat Cuchullains too.

Yeah looks like John Mitchel's have overcome their hangover from last season. No doubt their aim is for another crack at the All-Ireland junior. They had 48 players out training a few weeks ago which is crazy stuff. Bit surprised at Cuchullains being beaten, but Division 1 is very competitive this season. The St. Peter's game against Hugh O'Neill's has been rearranged for this coming Tuesday night in Leeds.

inisceithleann

St Peter's beat Hugh O'Neills tonight in Leeds in the Pennine League. Hugh O'Neills put up a very strong second half performance.

laceer

Quote from: inisceithleann on May 17, 2009, 10:18:07 AM
Quote from: carnaross on May 17, 2009, 09:53:36 AM

Yeah looks like John Mitchel's have overcome their hangover from last season. No doubt their aim is for another crack at the All-Ireland junior. They had 48 players out training a few weeks ago which is crazy stuff. Bit surprised at Cuchullains being beaten, but Division 1 is very competitive this season. The St. Peter's game against Hugh O'Neill's has been rearranged for this coming Tuesday night in Leeds.

looking like it's gonna come down to oisins and mitchells again