GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnaross

Hasn't a club already been formed in Chester - St. Patrick's? They're in the second division of the Pennine League.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

inisceithleann

Quote from: carnaross on March 21, 2009, 04:10:25 PM
Hasn't a club already been formed in Chester - St. Patrick's? They're in the second division of the Pennine League.

Yeah, St. Patrick's are playing at junior level this season. Chester are drawing players from Liverpool and the Wirral at the minute so they'll have to compete for players with any new club that forms. But in saying that the city of Liverpool alone should be able to sustain 2 teams.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

off the laces

Have now landed in bonnie scotland and not edinburgh as first thought but glasgow for the time being looking to know could someone pm me some details for a team to train with. Thanks in advance
Keeps 'er' straight

SuperHans

apparently Kieran McKeever is helping out with St Lawrences in Manchester this season. what a coup!

BennyHarp

Quote from: SuperHans on March 24, 2009, 01:38:22 PM
apparently Kieran McKeever is helping out with St Lawrences in Manchester this season. what a coup!

It definately is some coup alright! Will be interesting to see how they go this year! Hows things going up in Newcastle then Superhans? How are ye fixed for the year ahead?
That was never a square ball!!

bredaghgael86

Lads, where would be the nearest hurling club to newcastle? take it its pretty far?

off the laces

Keeps 'er' straight

SuperHans

Aye cu chulainns are going well, hoping to open our own pitch within the next few months, got some land of North Tyneside council.

A number of players went travelling last year and are slowly but surely returning. weve got a few new faces this year 2 so hopefully give mitchells a good rattle this season for their various crowns

BennyHarp

Quote from: SuperHans on March 27, 2009, 12:37:21 PM
Aye c* chulainns are going well, hoping to open our own pitch within the next few months, got some land of North Tyneside council.

A number of players went travelling last year and are slowly but surely returning. weve got a few new faces this year 2 so hopefully give mitchells a good rattle this season for their various crowns

What happened yous on Sunday superhans??

SuperHans

why?? Yours truly wasnt playin due to work committments ;)

nah missing about 6/7 regulars plus it was our first real match this season

BennyHarp

Quote from: SuperHans on April 02, 2009, 12:39:05 PM
why?? Yours truly wasnt playin due to work committments ;)

nah missing about 6/7 regulars plus it was our first real match this season

We've got ye on sunday - you got many back for that then? Hows the pitch coming along? Will it be up and running for the Yorkshire League games? Think we're due to travel up to play ye!

Zulu

Lads want's the skinny on the GAA scene in Scotland, I might be moving over there for a bit and i'd like to know what level of football is played there and if it's well organized?

inisceithleann

Good win for St. Peter's today, who beat JF Kennedy's 2-13 to 0-08 down in Leeds. Anybody got any other results from the Pennine League?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

carnaross

Cuchullains got back on the winning trail after beating St. Benedicts easily in the end and Oisins beat Bros. Pearse, both games in Div. 1. I hear St. Anne's didn't make it over to play Hugh O'Neill's on Saturday evening after their bus broke down!
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Zulu on April 02, 2009, 06:21:09 PM
Lads want's the skinny on the GAA scene in Scotland, I might be moving over there for a bit and i'd like to know what level of football is played there and if it's well organized?

I played there for a few years a while back,Dunedin Connollys- Edinburgh have a well organised set up with a lot of students as well as workers making up the team. They are now streets ahead of the other scottish teams. The standard would not be too bad but i think a lot of Glasgow teams have folded recently.