Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: gawa316 on May 08, 2021, 02:43:32 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2021, 02:22:21 PM
Some finish to Championship season, Derby currently staying up but I'd not bet my house on it staying that way

Watched the last 4 mins...what was that debit at kicking the ball out from the free kick, it's not rugby?!
hardly rocket science, it was the last 30 seconds of the game, a goal for sheff wed would've put derby down. He was killing out time.
nil satis nisi optimum

gawa316

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 08, 2021, 02:57:40 PM
Some finish to Championship season, Derby currently staying up but I'd not bet my house on it staying that way

Watched the last 4 mins...what was that debit at kicking the ball out from the free kick, it's not rugby?!
hardly rocket science, it was the last 30 seconds of the game, a goal for sheff wed would've put derby down. He was killing out time.

So you don't think they would wasted more time by actually keeping the ball and playing towards the corner...like every other team in the history of football has done when trying to kill time?

Dire Ear

Leeds United 3 Tottenham Hotspur 1

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on May 08, 2021, 03:02:52 PM

So you don't think they would wasted more time by actually keeping the ball and playing towards the corner...like every other team in the history of football has done when trying to kill time?

It was slightly unusual looking but in fairness to them you're probably set up better to defend from it than when 2 players attempt to shield it in corner, eventually foul the ball and are then out of position

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2021, 03:23:07 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 08, 2021, 03:02:52 PM

It was slightly unusual looking but in fairness to them you're probably set up better to defend from it than when 2 players attempt to shield it in corner, eventually foul the ball and are then out of position

It's usually the team without the ball that fouls in the instance though.

They kicked the ball out and gave it straight back to Sheff Wed, that can not be the best option.

Captain Obvious

Aguero the latest player trying to score a chipped penalty and made to look stupid.

Dire Ear

BennyCake

United could win this yet!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 08, 2021, 07:22:18 PM
And pay the price....
The match turning point. That win should give Chelsea and Tuchel more encouragment for the upcoming Champions league final.

Sterling still has that bad habit for diving and he was lucky he didn't get sent off 1st half.

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on May 08, 2021, 07:35:45 PM
United could win this yet!
If only they won all those games that they didn't win it could have all be different eh....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Chelsea nailed on for top four
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macker15

Liverpool should win remaining to clinch 4th spot from Leicester

macker15

Massive win for Everton.  Expect the open top bus to bring will be operating tonight.

Jim Bob

Both West Ham and Leicester bottling it for the 4th place spot leaving Liverpool to sneak it.

shark

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 09, 2021, 06:14:21 PM
Both West Ham and Leicester bottling it for the 4th place spot leaving Liverpool to sneak it.

West Ham arent "bottling" anything. They are massively overachieving. Losing to Everton isn't a matter of bottle. I would argue that Everton had a stronger team than them.