Guess the Sindo Headline

Started by mylestheslasher, October 14, 2011, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: dublin7 on May 15, 2021, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 15, 2021, 12:18:54 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on May 15, 2021, 12:04:46 PM
O'Neills have released a new jersey to comemerate Michael Collins and apparently it's providing very popular.

https://www.oneills.com/michael-collins-commemoration-jersey-green-gold-white.html

I personally won't be buying it as I think it's a bit tacky but seeing as the northern posters keep comparing the old IRA to the 70s version which IRA volunteer do they think will be the first to have a commemorative jersey?

Ah it's Dublin7. The man who says it was wrong of the IRA to plant bombs in England and that the PIRA bombing London's Docklands was "terrorism", but then when he finds out that Michael Collins ordered the bombing of Liverpool docks, proclaims that that was just, and I quote: "taking the war to the occupier".

Halfwit  ::)
Was Warrington wrong?

Collins fought to remove an occupying force from Ireland.
The French resistance fought to remove the Nazis from occupied France. Both Collins and the French resistance are admired and respected by the people of Ireland and France. That's probably because the old IRA didn't focus their campaign in England and the French resistance didn't launch a bombing campaign in Germany

The PIRA from the 70s don't have anything close to that respect. Even Bobby Sands is remembered for the hunger strike and not his PIRA terrorist acts.

Away and crawl under a rock you dope before you make a show of yourself any further.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on May 15, 2021, 12:42:55 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on May 15, 2021, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 15, 2021, 12:18:54 PM
O'Neills have released a new jersey to comemerate Michael Collins and apparently it's providing very popular.

https://www.oneills.com/michael-collins-commemoration-jersey-green-gold-white.html

I personally won't be buying it as I think it's a bit tacky but seeing as the northern posters keep comparing the old IRA to the 70s version which IRA volunteer do they think will be the first to have a commemorative jersey?

Ah it's Dublin7. The man who says it was wrong of the IRA to plant bombs in England and that the PIRA bombing London's Docklands was "terrorism", but then when he finds out that Michael Collins ordered the bombing of Liverpool docks, proclaims that that was just, and I quote: "taking the war to the occupier".

Halfwit  ::)
Was Warrington wrong?

Collins fought to remove an occupying force from Ireland.
The French resistance fought to remove the Nazis from occupied France. Both Collins and the French resistance are admired and respected by the people of Ireland and France. That's probably because the old IRA didn't focus their campaign in England and the French resistance didn't launch a bombing campaign in Germany

The PIRA from the 70s don't have anything close to that respect. Even Bobby Sands is remembered for the hunger strike and not his PIRA terrorist acts.

Away and crawl under a rock you dope before you make a show of yourself any further.
Oh he's got you there dublin7

grounded

Court case scheduled for early next month. It will be interesting to see who else was involved with these sock puppet accounts. I assume all will be revealed!

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/eoghan-harris-barbara-j-pym-was-no-trolling-account-1.4565404?mode=amp

trueblue1234

What like the Bobby sands one?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GAABoardMod5

Don't even think about bringing the Old IRA v PIRA thread discussion here.

Angelo

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on May 15, 2021, 10:49:36 PM

So what's acceptable?

When a poster mentions the PIRA another poster is not allowed mention the Old IRA?

How is that fair?

Should the likes of Rossfan, Trailer, Seafoid, Dublin7, Hound etc have action taken against them as they consistently introduce the PIRA into threads where they have little relevance?

I'm genuinely interested as to how you intend to handle this. I can give you numerous examples of Rossfan shoehorning something about the PIRA into a thread it had nothing to do with? How do you intend on dealing with that in future?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GAABoardMod5

I'll be back later on.

I did not follow threads closely this week, but a quick glance shows an old feud was reborn, with direct quotes from the original feud resurfacing.

Appropriate action will follow.

Angelo

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on May 15, 2021, 11:02:13 PM
I'll be back later on.

I did not follow threads closely this week, but a quick glance shows an old feud was reborn, with direct quotes from the original feud resurfacing.

Appropriate action will follow.

Good.

I hope you deal with the trolling from Rossfan, Dublin7, Seafoid etc.

Particularly trailer as you seem to ignore the incessant insults he doles out on this board.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Windmill abu

Are the board moderators going to censor the discussion if it doesn't agree with their agenda?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 16, 2021, 12:02:43 AM

Are the board moderators going to censor the discussion if it doesn't agree with their agenda?

No.

Angelo

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on May 16, 2021, 12:52:22 AM

No.

So a select cabal of posters can try and pollute every thread by talking about the PIRA but when they do that, other posters are then disallowed from posting about the old IRA?

Hardly seems fair that Rossfan, Dublin7, Trailer and co are allowed spam threads with their agenda driven nonsense without any consequences.

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Angelo on May 16, 2021, 08:55:20 AM

No.

So a select cabal of posters can try and pollute every thread by talking about the PIRA but when they do that, other posters are then disallowed from posting about the old IRA?

Hardly seems fair that Rossfan, Dublin7, Trailer and co are allowed spam threads with their agenda driven nonsense without any consequences.

As long as posters follow the rules on posting, there will be no consequences.  It might be nonsense in your head, but that doesn't mean they should be censured.

Angelo

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on May 16, 2021, 09:35:23 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 16, 2021, 08:55:20 AM

No.

As long as posters follow the rules on posting, there will be no consequences.  It might be nonsense in your head, but that doesn't mean they should be censured.

So let me get this straight.

If I go into threads and start posting about the Old IRA when it bears no relevance to the thread you will do nothing about it? I doubt it yet you facilitate these posters to constantly bring every thread down the same rabbit hole.

Because there's a cabal of 5/6 posters who incessantly try to turn every thread into a SF/PIRA bashing subject. But dare anyone try to and show that for the faux, insincere and deflection tactics it is.

grounded

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eoghan-harris-wife-dolly-white-twitter-account-based-dog-g90989vnt

Twas the wife your honour!

That's the first of the other contributor's linked to Eoghan Harris's anonymous twitter accounts.
       I think there are 9 people taking legal action now.