Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on March 31, 2021, 02:50:21 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 31, 2021, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2021, 02:41:26 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 31, 2021, 01:51:32 PM
Pretty sure there were prominent members of FF and FG at the Garda funeral including Charlie Flanagan a minister, if reports are to be believed.

Charlie Flanagan was a has been. There is a difference between him and a leader. If Gerry Adams had gone to Storey funeral and O'Neill and McDonald had stayed away then there wouldn't have been an issue. That is what leadership is about.

For me there is a difference between a Garda who was on killed in the line of duty serving his country and Bobby Storey who at best was a lay citizen and, well at worst, someone trying to destroy the state. One funeral deserves to have leaders of the country at it and the other doesn't.

The mask slips. Your concern has nothing to do with public health. You're outrage is totally dependant on who was in the coffin - ergo you, like Column Eastwood and co. are just using a man's funeral (disregarding his family's grief) in order to score the cheapest of political points. Does covid not spread at Garda funerals, no?

I'm not sure I was masking anything, I have been pretty upfront with my opinions. I'm not scoring political points because I am not a politician.
There is a public health issue absolutely. Regulations were broken at both funerals. But if Gerry Adams unelected citizen attends Bobby Storey Funeral it a breach but that's it. But once Mary Lou, Pearce Doherty, Michelle O'Neill (Deputy First Minister) attends then it is an issue. She is making the rules and then breaking them. Why is she allowed to attend a funeral that breaks regulations and rest of us not? Additionally there were further breaches at the Graveside Oration (Michelle O'Neill posed for pics with 2 Dublin SF members).

With regards to the Garda, Political Leaders should attend as they are representing the state and by extension all of the people. The Garda was murdered on duty. If he dies in his sleep off duty then no, they shouldn't attend. I think it's pretty clear. Many of the other attendees though have broken the regulations.

That's my view anyhow.

Angelo

Pretty sure there were prominent members of FF and FG at the Garda funeral including Charlie Flanagan a minister, if reports are to be believed.

Charlie Flanagan was a has been. There is a difference between him and a leader. If Gerry Adams had gone to Storey funeral and O'Neill and McDonald had stayed away then there wouldn't have been an issue. That is what leadership is about.

And Drew Harris?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Windmill abu

Quote from: trailer on March 31, 2021, 03:01:58 PM

For me there is a difference between a Garda who was on killed in the line of duty serving his country and Bobby Storey who at best was a lay citizen and, well at worst, someone trying to destroy the state. One funeral deserves to have leaders of the country at it and the other doesn't.

The mask slips. Your concern has nothing to do with public health. You're outrage is totally dependant on who was in the coffin - ergo you, like Column Eastwood and co. are just using a man's funeral (disregarding his family's grief) in order to score the cheapest of political points. Does covid not spread at Garda funerals, no?

I'm not sure I was masking anything, I have been pretty upfront with my opinions. I'm not scoring political points because I am not a politician.
There is a public health issue absolutely. Regulations were broken at both funerals. But if Gerry Adams unelected citizen attends Bobby Storey Funeral it a breach but that's it. But once Mary Lou, Pearce Doherty, Michelle O'Neill (Deputy First Minister) attends then it is an issue. She is making the rules and then breaking them. Why is she allowed to attend a funeral that breaks regulations and rest of us not? Additionally there were further breaches at the Graveside Oration (Michelle O'Neill posed for pics with 2 Dublin SF members).

With regards to the Garda, Political Leaders should attend as they are representing the state and by extension all of the people. The Garda was murdered on duty. If he dies in his sleep off duty then no, they shouldn't attend. I think it's pretty clear. Many of the other attendees though have broken the regulations.

That's my view anyhow.

If it is ok to risk the health of the elderly and vulnerable because a Garda died on duty. Then why are the regulations there at all?

Never underestimate the power of complaining

trailer

Quote from: Windmill abu on March 31, 2021, 03:19:17 PM

That's my view anyhow.

If it is ok to risk the health of the elderly and vulnerable because a Garda died on duty. Then why are the regulations there at all?

I think in those exceptional and very limited circumstances the state must attend the funeral in as covid compliant way as it can.

johnnycool

That's my view anyhow.

I understand that sentiment but Covid regs are Covid regs so no deviation can be expected or explained away.

Angelo

That sort of elitist attitude is why SDLP love to go down south and run for FG.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 03:26:20 PM

Says the reader of right wing media arm Gript.

trailer

Quote from: Louther on March 31, 2021, 03:28:35 PM

The shithead has been following me around the board all day. He'll f**k off for another few days now he's had his ass handed to him... again.

Angelo

What's griot?

dublin7

Quote from: johnnycool on March 31, 2021, 03:23:40 PM

That's my view anyhow.

I understand that sentiment but Covid regs are Covid regs so no deviation can be expected or explained away.

SF supporters/leadership would disagree with you there unfortunately. It's a strange comparison when you compare the funeral of a garda who died in the line of duty with that of an IRA enforcer.

While both funerals broke covid guidelines only one was organised by a political party and attended by the leadership of the party. SF supporters seem to think the attendance at the garda funeral was somehow the fault/responsibility of political parties in the south, which again is a strange accusation, but the party and its supporters really are clutching at straws trying to justify their own actions so if you keep throwing mud something will stick seems to be the approach

Snapchap

You don't have to be a politican to try to political point score. Your chief hobby appears to be attacking SF on gaaboard. Using things like a funeral to do so is political point scoring.

There is a public health issue absolutely. Regulations were broken at both funerals. But if Gerry Adams unelected citizen attends Bobby Storey Funeral it a breach but that's it. But once Mary Lou, Pearce Doherty, Michelle O'Neill (Deputy First Minister) attends then it is an issue.  She is making the rules and then breaking them.
That's a poor attempt at trying to excuse the attendance of Flanagan at the Garda Horkan funeral. He was the Justice Minister after all. Surely if any minister should be seen to not break the law, it's the justice minister?

Why is she allowed to attend a funeral that breaks regulations and rest of us not? Additionally there were further breaches at the Graveside Oration (Michelle O'Neill posed for pics with 2 Dublin SF members).
She wasn't. She has accepted that, conceded it was wrong and co-operated with the investigation. Has Charlie Flanagan done any of those things? 

That's my view anyhow.
So its quite fine to risk public health at some funerals, but not at others? If that's seriously your view, then you need to take a look at yourself. Incidentally, has Colum Eastwood apologised yet for standing shoulder to shoulder with Micheal Martin at John Hume's funeral? Has anyone ever asked him to? Oh yeah sorry, it's not about public health. I forgot that Covid understands the differences around who's remains were in the different coffins. You see, this is the telling bit: I'm quite prepared to say breaches at funerals by politicians were all wrong, yet those like yourself who are shouting the loudest about SF and Bobby Storey, are the very same ones who have routinely ignored/made excuses for other politicians at other funerals. Your real motivations as so utterly transparent.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on March 31, 2021, 03:43:20 PM

The shithead has been following me around the board all day. He'll f**k off for another few days now he's had his ass handed to him... again.

It's about time the moderator dealt with you, your insults and your bigotry.

You are the forum's answer to Gregory Campbell.

Applesisapples

Absolutely no difference in these funerals and indeed Humes, breaches at all. Understandable or not. SF should be held to the same standard as all others. However some people hold them to a higher standard which is unfair. To be clear all these breaches are wrong.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on March 31, 2021, 03:59:09 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 31, 2021, 03:23:40 PM

That's my view anyhow.

SF supporters/leadership would disagree with you there unfortunately. It's a strange comparison when you compare the funeral of a garda who died in the line of duty with that of an IRA enforcer.

While both funerals broke covid guidelines only one was organised by a political party and attended by the leadership of the party. SF supporters seem to think the attendance at the garda funeral was somehow the fault/responsibility of political parties in the south, which again is a strange accusation, but the party and its supporters really are clutching at straws trying to justify their own actions so if you keep throwing mud something will stick seems to be the approach

Hollow words as usual.

Should the Garda Commissioner and Minister for Justice have faced sanctions for the funeral? If the answer is yes then why have you made a big song and dance over Storey's funeral.

If the answer is no then you're a hypocrite for all to see.