Cillian O'Connor wins Golden Boot Race

Started by Angus, September 24, 2015, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Hes some boy. Bit of Spanish, French, Italian and Irish in his short but sweet return. Settles few scores with old nemesises, slags off the Derry wans (tho not me i didnt even show on his radar) as well as exhaulting his Trone team and how clever he is/was.

Twas quite the return. Hes planned that post for 6weeks minimum

CK_Redhand

I won't bother quoting but the paragraphs prasing angelo as a prophet and running rings around other posters etc. are quite telling.

If people see a discussion board as some sort of contest to prove who is smartest then they have some sort of insecurity complex.

Armagh18

Tres Bien

Quote from: CK_Redhand on September 30, 2021, 07:13:39 AM
If people see a discussion board as some sort of contest to prove who is smartest then they have some sort of insecurity complex.

Just to contend this before my sojourn is cut short. I merely operate at the mercy of when a few petulant souls kick up a fuss on when their enjoyment is impacted and the moderator bows to pressure.

The reason Angelo was banned off this forum is some people see this discussion board as an echo chamber and when they disagree with others go around lobbying the moderator to censor people's viewpoints.

Is this a GAA discussion board or a discussion board of petulant and hyper sensitive Rory McIlroy fanboys? It's hard to tell.

As the great bard Jamie Vardy once said - "Chat shit, get banged".

I prefer to have full artistic license on what I post, not being told that I can't compare Rory McIlory to Lleyton Hewitt because it upsets a few middle aged lads trying to climb social ladders. If that's what this forum has become then so be it but I think the onus should be on posters to call out those who are trying to direct this forum into a golf club echo chamber.

END OF SPEECH.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tres Bien on September 30, 2021, 09:31:28 AM

Just to contend this before my sojourn is cut short. I merely operate at the mercy of when a few petulant souls kick up a fuss on when their enjoyment is impacted and the moderator bows to pressure.

The reason Angelo was banned off this forum is some people see this discussion board as an echo chamber and when they disagree with others go around lobbying the moderator to censor people's viewpoints.

Is this a GAA discussion board or a discussion board of petulant and hyper sensitive Rory McIlroy fanboys? It's hard to tell.

I prefer to have full artistic license on what I post, not being told that I can't compare Rory McIlory to Lleyton Hewitt because it upsets a few middle aged lads trying to climb social ladders. If that's what this forum has become then so be it but I think the onus should be on posters to call out those who are trying to direct this forum into a golf club echo chamber.

END OF SPEECH.

I'm calling you out as a WUM, The use of echo chamber fit's you to a T, you waffle on and when caught out on topics you feck aff, as for this place being a place to climb a social ladder!! WTF does that even mean?

Up Novak  ;) Nadal is a hasbeen  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tres Bien

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2021, 09:51:06 AM
Quote from: Tres Bien on September 30, 2021, 09:31:28 AM

END OF SPEECH.

I'm calling you out as a WUM, The use of echo chamber fit's you to a T, you waffle on and when caught out on topics you feck aff, as for this place being a place to climb a social ladder!! WTF does that even mean?

Up Novak  ;) Nadal is a hasbeen  ;D

A wum would not be able to make such compelling and substantiated arguments.

If you want to see quality debating, sincerity and good faith entered in a debate then read Angelo's contributions on this point. He represented his take on COC, he put forward his argument, explained his rationale, backed it up with data and specific incidents and was entirely vindicated. He did that in the face of vitriol, in the face of misrepresntations of what he said, with calmness, civility and poise.

He was very earnest about the whole thing and some posters could really doing with grabbing themselves a notepad and jotting down some points. Angelo was a poster on here who should not be questioned, he should be admired, he should be referenced and used as a benchmark for good ethics and fairplay. I sense his downfall on here was classic Irish bregrudgery, he was ambitious and he was an achiever, maybe he defeated too many posters on here, maybe they couldn't let resentment go. Maybe he flew too close to the sun. Either way I think it's vital we have his legacy to remember and that his legacy can save this forum from being a golf club echo chamber with differing opinions and challenging of the narrative are not accepted.

quit yo jibbajabba

Uhoh. Talking in the third person. This declines gona be quicker than i thought.

Jibbajabba is concerned

Keyser soze

Can I just use up a few lines and moments of your time to laud the calm, rational and considered posts made by Keyser soze over the past few months.

In spite of a concerted campaign by other infantile posters, and yes that includes you Mod3, he has consistently vanquished all-comers with his superior debating skills, vast knowledge and well rounded temperament. The fact that he also has a great body only serves to goad the various lads with their middle aged spreads into further rash challenges to his superiority.

Easily overcoming their infantile thrusts Keyser has ably demonstrated that you may believe in God but the only thing you will fear is Keyser soze.

JoG2

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 30, 2021, 11:19:10 AM
Can I just use up a few lines and moments of your time to laud the calm, rational and considered posts made by Keyser soze over the past few months.

In spite of a concerted campaign by other infantile posters, and yes that includes you Mod3, he has consistently vanquished all-comers with his superior debating skills, vast knowledge and well rounded temperament. The fact that he also has a great body only serves to goad the various lads with their middle aged spreads into further rash challenges to his superiority.

Easily overcoming their infantile thrusts Keyser has ably demonstrated that you may believe in God but the only thing you will fear is Keyser soze.

Big and fat, like orca fat?

J70

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 30, 2021, 11:19:10 AM

;D