Ciarraí V Corcaigh AISF 2008

Started by comethekingdom, August 10, 2008, 10:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 24, 2008, 05:29:18 PM
I think the penalty was ok. What the hell was O'Mahony trying to do, he ran straight accross the Cork man and this tripped him up.

Sure he just jumped right into him, Canty saw the penalty area and was just determined to get in there and hope the ref blew.  Exciting finish to a shite game.

Tim Buzaglo

That was without doubt the worst refereeing performance i have ever witnessed - i don't think he got one thing right.

After the first sending off he went very easy on Kerry, allowing them to build up what looked like an unassailable lead.  As was mentioned in the commentary, referees tend to do this on occasion.  However, to follow this up by sending a man off for what can be described as no more more than a playful slap was ridiculous.  That was in essence a double blow to Cork as Kerry were awarder for O'Se's stupidity with a handful of easy frees BEFORE the referee decided to even things up!

This was then followed up by ignoring a cork penlalty prior to awarding a dubious one when it was clear that the forward jumped into the tackle.

Don't get me wrong, Kerry were by far the better team and i'm still struggling to understand how that game ended in a draw.  I'm just amazed that a referee can get so many things wrong (both small decisions and big ones) in the one game.

On another matter, O Mahoney is a disgrace and his antics should be looked at.  Clearly Kerry will win the replay but O Mahoney does not deserve to play in an All Ireland Final after this (although given their likely opponents, he will be in good company!!!)
Will we ever see another one?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 24, 2008, 05:29:18 PM
His ban would be up on the Saturday before the final but he would have missed it anyway because you have to serve a 1 match ban for a straight red. The replay has probably saved him. He was sent of earlier in the year, does that mean his ban is doubled or is that only if you get 2 straight reds? I think the penalty was ok. What the hell was O'Mahony trying to do, he ran straight accross the Cork man and this tripped him up.

Looked like the Cork lad launched himself into the air even before he made contact with O'Mahoney.

Tyrone Dreamer

Thought O'Mahony ran straight accross the Cork mans path without making any attempt to tackle. What was he at?

Main Street

I thought it was a cast iron penalty

Minder

Quote from: clarshack on August 24, 2008, 05:18:28 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 24, 2008, 05:11:33 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 24, 2008, 05:09:40 PM
O'Mahony should be suspended for bringing the game into disrepute. if a tyrone player did that they would be calling for his head.

You mean like Dooher against Westmeath??

dooher took a decent blow to the midriff area. that today was a playful slap.
and went down holding his face
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

under the bar

Quoteand went down holding his face

I bet I could make you go down holding your face by punching you in the guts.

In the Onion Bag

I'm only in after watching the match.  It was good from a neutral viewpoint with plenty of excitement at the end.

My immediate observations are that this ref was way out of his depth and too much in awe of Kerry.  I couldn't believe the decisions he give in Kerry's favour, not just innoccent ones, but ones that resulted in easy Kerry scores and therefore had big influence in the outcome.

Although Kerry seemed to have put Cork beyond reach I felt that Cork deserved the draw given the injustice from the ref.

Today the Cork tactic of "let them big tall Kerry forwards catch the ball but then put them under the pressure" worked a treat.  When have Kerry kicked so no many wides?  Cork in the replay or Wexford/Tyrone in the final will note this frailty.  

I now am confident to go out on a limb and predict this Kerry squad will not win Sam this year.  Kerry Mick may make me suffer for this prediction but I am confident I will not be proved wrong.

Minder

Quote from: under the bar on August 24, 2008, 05:42:43 PM
Quoteand went down holding his face

I bet I could make you go down holding your face by punching you in the guts.
is there something wrong with you?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Big Mickey

had great respect for omahony before this game 2day,thought he brought a wee bit of steel to kerrys team and played the game fair and hard but lost all respect for him after 2day.running about croker with his chest stuck out,roaring into peoples faces and when he gets a wee tickle on the side of the face goes down like a ton of bricks.what loser.he should be embarassed with himself.hope he loses his allstar over it.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

O'Mahony should be suspended for bringing the game into disrepute. if a tyrone player did that they would be calling for his head.

Good to see youre alive DUBSFORSAM1, feared for your safety after you dissapeared from the board following a certain match last weekend ;D.

Exciting finish today but a poor match.

omagh_gael

a few points from the game:

1) as mentioned already aidan o mahony's behaviour all through that game was disgraceful from incident in 1st half with the throwing of elbows and footballs when he is blown up. His Rivaldo esqe dive wen touched on the cheek was  highly embarrassing and tremendously unsportmans like! Poor form comparing it with dooher who was clearly punched in the stomach on the sly! I know Tyrone men do go down too easily but I feel we are always getting it shoved down our throats about the games manship of the kingdom yadda yadda!

2) darragh o se's sending off, Colm o rourke mentioned he' l be happy with the draw as it'l use up his one match ban but surely the GAA ban for striking is a 4 week ban, never a suspension for a set number of games!!  

JMohan

Quote from: Minder on August 24, 2008, 05:40:19 PM

No he didn't ... watch it again - both hands went to his midrift

Typical sore loser

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Minder on August 24, 2008, 05:40:19 PM

Have heard others say this and its 100% a lie. Dooher put his hand on the top of his head in pain. He did not hold his head as if he had been hit.

northwesterngael

o'se does he not now get 12 weeks ? 2 nd red for same offence as the munster final?

is there nothing in the book that can nail omahony for behaving like he was shot, oconnor raised the hand light as it might be and had to go