Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2008, 12:12:02 PM
Quote from: Canalman on August 18, 2008, 12:04:59 PM
Lads a reality check is in order here.

Tyrone had 15 men on fire (will never happen again as imo it has never happened before) and Dublin had a collective nightmare when everything that could go wrong went wrong.

I don't think anyone is going overboard. Tyronnies (and others) are simply basking in the glory of a wonderful performance, be it the start of an Indian Summer or a one-off. Give us that pleasure...it has been a wee while.

And to be honest, given all the injuries and bad luck etc, I think this Tyrone team deserved a wee bit of good luck for a change.

T Fearon

Where was the Tyrone support last Saturday? I reckon Armagh had at least twice as many down the week before for the Wexford game.

Zapatista

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2008, 12:15:46 PM
Where was the Tyrone support last Saturday? I reckon Armagh had at least twice as many down the week before for the Wexford game.

Good man yerself.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on August 18, 2008, 12:52:33 PM
We only got 8,000 tickets Tony

The 8,000 were sold plus all those who had bought on ticketmaster and went down on the day.

The Dubs didn't come out of the pubs - they were giving the tickets away outside Quinns and Auld triangle.

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on August 18, 2008, 12:55:08 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 18, 2008, 12:52:33 PM
We only got 8,000 tickets Tony

The 8,000 were sold plus all those who had bought on ticketmaster and went down on the day.

The Dubs didn't come out of the pubs - they were giving the tickets away outside Quinns and Auld triangle.

It was all misleading due to the weaher. Every man in Ireland has blue water proofs.

ONeill

Twas good to hear the oul Gary Glitter number being belted out with gusto again!

Those opening 10 mins were quite surreal. After the anthem you felt that heat associated with heavy weather, coupled with the fevered crowd and as the ball was thrown up, streaks of lightening shot across the sky which had been already darkened by the Croke Park lights. The sky rumbled loudly like Fearon's gut 30 mins after a big feed. The atmosphere was electric then - it never really reached those heights again apart from just after the Jackeen goal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

A bit of a damp squib alright.I watched it all from the comfort of a premium seat myself.

ziggysego

I think I was beind you Tony before you climbed up the steps. Did you enter at the Cusack side?
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on August 18, 2008, 01:05:57 PM
I think I was beind you Tony before you climbed up the steps. Did you enter at the Cusack side?

Did they open the gates normally used for delivery trucks to accomodate Fearon?
If so, then yes, that was him ziggy ;)

T Fearon

No, went in at the premium entrance at the Hogan. Surely you can't enter the premium section from the Cusack side, although I am aware that there are access doors there,but I thought all Premium ticket holders had to access from the hogan entrance?

PS I had the Dubs for a 3to 6 points win in the Belfast Telegraph pick the score. Thankfully no one else among the challengers selected Tyrone to win hence I maintained the substantial lead ;D

ziggysego

Well there was some bucko with a Armagh top on him....
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Wearing my waterproof Gaelic Gear Corke Park raincoat..no Armagh colours, though I did spot the father of an Armagh player in the Premium Section

Rav67

Right Tony, we get it, you were in the premium section

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Rav67 on August 18, 2008, 02:19:14 PM
Right Tony, we get it, you were in the premium section

Down amongst the riff raff in the premium section, eh?

I could have lowered him a prawn sandwich down from my corporate box
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w