The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

I would have Gomez at fault for both goals. Definitely in the 2nd he steps up far too far and is out of position. Virgil completes the mistake but that doesn't account for Gomez culpability. Him and Taa don't play well together. Gomez desire to step up into midfield with the ball is stifling Trents attacking instinct.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Bronco

Gomez isn't good enough. Matip is better.

Quote from: trileacman on September 12, 2020, 06:29:56 PM
I would have Gomez at fault for both goals. Definitely in the 2nd he steps up far too far and is out of position. Virgil completes the mistake but that doesn't account for Gomez culpability. Him and Taa don't play well together. Gomez desire to step up into midfield with the ball is stifling Trents attacking instinct.

trileacman

Thought Kieta has been average. Busy kind of player but limited in his ability. Bit of a Henderson mark II. Gini has achieved as much as him in much fewer possessions. Only problem with Gini is his sloppiness for the first 2mins. Since he's got off his ass and started playing Liverpool have looked a lot more comfortable.

trileacman

I think Matip and Virgil do better together. Matip tends to get the best out of VVD

Bronco

Matip does all the dirty work for Van Dijk,making him look better than he is.

Quote from: trileacman on September 12, 2020, 06:33:42 PM
I think Matip and Virgil do better together. Matip tends to get the best out of VVD

From the Bunker

gawa316

This thread going to be ruined now by the looks of it

Bronco

Leeds were a breath of fresh air, really enjoyable to watch. Will probably go straight back down but it'll be brilliant entertainment.

It's a pity Liverpool had to resort to that embarrassing dive in order to win.

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2020, 07:26:30 PM
A messy 3 points. But 3 points are 3 points!  ;D
Messy but probably just about deserved.
Fair play to Leeds though they gave it a go.
Couple of tough fixtures coming up in the next few weeks so good to start with 3 points.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trileacman

Quote from: Bronco on September 12, 2020, 07:29:09 PM
Leeds were a breath of fresh air, really enjoyable to watch. Will probably go straight back down but it'll be brilliant entertainment.

You're a gobshite.

Deserved 3 points to Liverpool. Salah was immense. Disappointed with Bobby. Really starting to show his age. Keita was so-so for me. Jones very good when he came on. Robertson was Liverpool's 2nd best player. Outstanding defensive performance in the 2nd half. 2 clear penalties and was an outrage Virgil's goal didn't stand, leeds man tripped over his own player, never a foul. Hope Gini stays, there's not the right mix of attacking guile and defensive workrate in the remaining MFs.

Did VVD and Gomez swap positions in that 2nd half? Seemed at times Gomez played next to Robertson and VVD next to TAA. Matip very rusty when he came on. For all my praise of him he is a clumsy kind of lad. Uncomfortable on the ball and 90 mins of Leeds pressing up on him would have had him shitting bricks.

Bronco

Are you saying you didn't think Fabinho performed an embarrassing dive?

Quote from: trileacman on September 12, 2020, 07:40:18 PM
Quote from: Bronco on September 12, 2020, 07:29:09 PM

You're a gobshite.

Deserved 3 points to Liverpool. Salah was immense. Disappointed with Bobby. Really starting to show his age. Keita was so-so for me. Jones very good when he came on. Robertson was Liverpool's 2nd best player. Outstanding defensive performance in the 2nd half. 2 clear penalties and was an outrage Virgil's goal didn't stand, leeds man tripped over his own player, never a foul. Hope Gini stays, there's not the right mix of attacking guile and defensive workrate in the remaining MFs.

Did VVD and Gomez swap positions in that 2nd half? Seemed at times Gomez played next to Robertson and VVD next to TAA. Matip very rusty when he came on. For all my praise of him he is a clumsy kind of lad. Uncomfortable on the ball and 90 mins of Leeds pressing up on him would have had him shitting bricks.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2020, 07:32:34 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2020, 07:26:30 PM
A messy 3 points. But 3 points are 3 points!  ;D
Messy but probably just about deserved.
Fair play to Leeds though they gave it a go.
Couple of tough fixtures coming up in the next few weeks so good to start with 3 points.

gawa316

22 attempts to 6 tells the tale and only for a couple of outrageous mistakes the game would've been out of sight.

Good effort by Leeds though

Hound

I'd advise everyone to put the Bronco moron on ignore so he doesn't de-rail the thread.

Bronco

Sorry if I've upset anyone.i was just commenting on the game. Are we only allowed to be complimentary towards Liverpool in here? That's a genuine question by the way, I don't want to flout the rules.