The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

http://www.secondclasscitizen.org/
Second Class Citizen combed through three years of active duty military suicide records from DOD and discovered that one third of active duty military suicides are due to family/custody matters. SM and Veterans are literally killing themselves in despair.

Some vets are killing cops.

This is where the clusterfuck started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKdbZWNqF00

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on July 19, 2016, 08:28:20 PM
I think some of those attacking people might do some research first.

The charges included, for example, 'reckless endangerment' and 'misconduct'. The media often references the highest charge only. Especially Fox News. It help with the auld outrage.
The US is so polarised

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on July 19, 2016, 08:31:46 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on July 19, 2016, 08:26:43 PM
whats the thoughts on Michael Brown's mother speaking on prime time at the DNC? Surely a bit contentious given the tensions in the country right now between BLM and the police? More hatred being stirred up?

Yes, blacks should shut up until there is a more convenient time.

Better not let his stepdad on the platform or he'll be shouting "burn this bitch down" again - Hillary might get nervous!

Hopefully she will use the time on stage to tell people to obey the law. Her son would have been alive if he had done so.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Kickham csc

Quote from: muppet on July 19, 2016, 08:42:37 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on July 19, 2016, 08:35:51 PM
whats the thoughts on Michael Brown's mother speaking on prime time at the DNC? Surely a bit contentious given the tensions in the country right now between BLM and the police? More hatred being stirred up?

that wasn't my point Muppet.... come on now. It's the Democratic convention. Brown's shooting cased national riots - I think it's tasteless political maneuvering and a dangerous move given the state f things currently..

You think everyone should pretend it is not happening?

Maybe move the few bad cops to a new Precinct?

This never, ever works. It increases the frustration and the feeling of injustice, further and further, until it goes boom. And then you will blame Deomcrats for not saying anything.

Could the democrats not get the relative of someone who didn't punch a cop, try to get his gun, pull the trigger, and then rush the cop before he was shot!!!!!

and who the justice department cleared!!!

Surely there is a better case to represent the issue. With his mother speaking at the convention, does this not give the opposition the opportunity to say that the democrats condone violence against cops!!!

Stupid move and a potential vote getter for Trump

J70

Quote from: Kickham csc on July 20, 2016, 02:57:46 PM

that wasn't my point Muppet.... come on now. It's the Democratic convention. Brown's shooting cased national riots - I think it's tasteless political maneuvering and a dangerous move given the state f things currently..

This never, ever works. It increases the frustration and the feeling of injustice, further and further, until it goes boom. And then you will blame Deomcrats for not saying anything.

Could the democrats not get the relative of someone who didn't punch a cop, try to get his gun, pull the trigger, and then rush the cop before he was shot!!!!!

Surely there is a better case to represent the issue. With his mother speaking at the convention, does this not give the opposition the opportunity to say that the democrats condone violence against cops!!!

They HAVE invited other relatives. Brown's mother is only one of the speakers.

But, you have a valid point, although I don't think it will make any difference in terms of votes. Depends on what she has to say, I guess.

It is safe to say that her words will be a lot more closely vetted by the campaign than Melania Trump's were, though! ;D

muppet

Yes, Trump would never use a dead man's mother for 'tasteless political manoeuvring'.

Almost every single police official is found innocent in these shootings of unarmed black men. As I keep saying, each individual case is not a representative sample, but the overall statistics showing the instant execution of unarmed black men by police is truly shocking.

I have no doubt that the armed Wilson was terrified, and that he shot at the unarmed man out of fear. In any other civilised country, being an unarmed dickhead on the street does not result in instant execution by the police.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3249414/Dashcam-footage-shows-horrifying-moment-cops-draw-guns-husband-PREGNANT-wife-pulling-rush-hospital-birth-talk-deleting-video.html

The courts found in favour of the couple, that their constitutional rights had been denied, but yet again the cops involved faced no action.

What the hell is wrong with these people?
MWWSI 2017

Kickham csc

Quote from: muppet on July 20, 2016, 03:34:38 PM

Yes, Trump would never use a dead man's mother for 'tasteless political manoeuvring'.

Almost every single police official is found innocent in these shootings of unarmed black men. As I keep saying, each individual case is not a representative sample, but the overall statistics showing the instant execution of unarmed black men by police is truly shocking.

I have no doubt that the armed Wilson was terrified, and that he shot at the unarmed man out of fear. In any other civilised country, being an unarmed d**khead on the street does not result in instant execution by the police.

I think your missing my point. I'm not concerned with the 'tasteless political maneuvering', if the democrats (which I am one) want to highlight the issue and get a speaker in then they should do it.

"Wilson was terrified, and that he shot at the unarmed man out of fear", this is the issue, as this is probably the only case that was highlighted in the last two years where the cop could have felt fear, as Brown fought for his gun. Surely any of the other cases where the cop wasn't attacked would be better.

Lastly, being an unarmed d**khead on the street does not result in instant execution by the police. But the republicans will counter that the unarmed d**khead just committed a felony and attacked a police officer, tried to steal his gun and pulled the trigger.

This could backfire badly, especially in the current context of the police being shot. The Democrats could alienate a large segment of reasonable population that would have sympathy with the issue

muppet

Quote from: Kickham csc on July 20, 2016, 06:02:19 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 20, 2016, 03:34:38 PM

I have no doubt that the armed Wilson was terrified, and that he shot at the unarmed man out of fear. In any other civilised country, being an unarmed d**khead on the street does not result in instant execution by the police.

I think your missing my point. I'm not concerned with the 'tasteless political maneuvering', if the democrats (which I am one) want to highlight the issue and get a speaker in then they should do it.

"Wilson was terrified, and that he shot at the unarmed man out of fear", this is the issue, as this is probably the only case that was highlighted in the last two years where the cop could have felt fear, as Brown fought for his gun. Surely any of the other cases where the cop wasn't attacked would be better.

Lastly, being an unarmed d**khead on the street does not result in instant execution by the police. But the republicans will counter that the unarmed d**khead just committed a felony and attacked a police officer, tried to steal his gun and pulled the trigger.

This could backfire badly, especially in the current context of the police being shot. The Democrats could alienate a large segment of reasonable population that would have sympathy with the issue

You are stretching things with 'pulled the trigger'. 'Tried to steal his gun' is also subjective. The cop was pointing the gun at him at the time. What we know is that there was a struggle over the gun.

But I think you are missing the point. I don't have much sympathy for a felon, but cops can't simply execute them on the street. Wilson fired 12 bullets in total. Some were reactionary. By the time you get to bullets 7, 8, 9 etc. it isn't reactionary. The last bullet entered the top of the head and was the fatal shot. This was while he was attacking the cop again. With about 6 bullets in him.

Are any of these cops capable of doing what the Irish and UK police do as a matter of routine, and arrest criminals while being unarmed themselves?
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Declan on July 21, 2016, 02:54:38 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/miami-police-shooting-hands-up_us_57903472e4b0bdddc4d32ad3

Lucky man

Let's hear the "all lives matter" and "just obey the law and you won't get shot" crowd justify this one. Christ of almighty. Black people in this country are in more danger from cops than they are from Daesh at this point.

Gabriel_Hurl

and now it's come out that the cop was actually trying to shoot the other fella and hit the black guy by mistake

https://twitter.com/ChuckRabin/status/756205074548924417

Jell 0 Biafra

Which explains why the guy he actually shot was subsequently handcuffed.

omagh_gael

Jeepers Creepers

Until someone in high authority within law enforcement comes out and says ' hold on there might be something wrong here? This will keep continuing.
United states of craziness.