The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 24, 2021, 08:39:18 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 23, 2021, 10:42:50 PM
Look we can laugh at Everton but seriously Sheedy do you believe that the club can do the clear out that is needed and reinvest appropriately?  If things are to be believed the new stadium will coat 1/2 a billion. The players that are there are not good enough. There was such a big deal about James and he's fucked off to South America. Youse are still relying on Siggurdson, Coleman and a few others. Richarlison is so overrated but will leave in a heart beat at the first show of knickers from a Spanish team or a team in London. Calvert Lewin is a streaky striker who was shit hit pre-Christmas but tailed off badly. Pickford is a liability. You genuinely would need 5-6 players to move to the next level but can you get them without European football?  I genuinely don't think so. It would seem to be a continuous mid table mediocrity

spot on, can't argue with that. Regarding a clear out the first 3 players that need to be out the door are Iwobi, Delph and Bernard, all on massive wages and all absolutely stealing a living. Pickford has been solid enough the last few months and along with Godfrey has been Everton's best player. European football would've been massive for the club and the fans and without it its harder to attract the better players. As season that promised much up until about March delivered the same outcome as other years.

Ancelotti has been upfront about Everton's woes and brutally honest. He said most of his players were more comfortable without the ball and playing a direct style of football which isn't what he wants especially against the so called minnows like SU, Fulham, Newcastle who came to Goodison and all lifted 3 handy points without this Everton team laying a glove on them.
I like Allan and Doucoure but they need at least one good playmaker with them if not two. Rodriguez has been a success IMO but don't be expecting him to play week on week, he's never done that in Spain either. Sigurson has had some good spells and some ropey ones as well, I'm undecided on him..
DCL has been good, but not great as the saying goes. Needs to finish a higher percentage of chances and also create something for others which I think he's poor at.
Walcott is gone, hopefully quickly followed by Iwobi and Delph with Bernard already as good as gone. All three on sillyly high wages by Evertons standards.

Kean at PSG is a strange one. Wanted by some better clubs than Everton and IMO Everton should leverage that as much as possible to get someone else in with the spoils or a swap..

If this summer isn't a busy one I'd expect to see Ancelotti temped by a move elsewhere which would be a big blow.

imtommygunn

Sigurdsson needs sold JC. Not prepared to put the foot in at all and not enough work rate. If you are really creating and/or scoring you can get away with it. He isn't. If a team revolves around him he can be good but we have better players than him.

DCL should be a fringe player. One on one I would have him up there with the same chance of scoring as Shane Long. He hit a good run but he's not the kind of striker will get you into the CL.

I like Allan and Doucoure too. I think in the rest of midfield we struggled though and they were out a good bit with injuries. Rodriguez tbh seemed to completely go off the boil whenever he started getting kicked and wasn't getting protection from refs. I would question whether he would be the same for Everton and whether his heart is in it. Huge talent though.

Kean at PSG is very strange. I still wouldn't have him near the place.

brokencrossbar1

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 25, 2021, 11:38:47 AM
https://twitter.com/TheEvertonEnd/status/1396815450047225856

Progress....highest points tally ever for a team that finished in 10th....

Surely a DVD opportunity if there ever was one?!

SHEEDY

Ancellotti rumoured to be on Madrids radar. Be a big blow if he was to leave. Not many turn down Real Madrid no matter what state they're in.
nil satis nisi optimum

quit yo jibbajabba

brokencrossbar1

You have to give it to Everton, they really are a stepping stone for up and coming managers to move into bigger and better things, Koeman and young Carlo moving onto bigger clubs ultimately and Bobby Brown Shoes to Belgium....some education gained at Goodison.

Howe and The Moyesiah early candidates, with Big Sam sitting patiently, sipping his pint of turkey gravy, waiting for the inevitable December call!

imtommygunn

More chance of you getting the job than big Sam ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

imtommygunn

johnnycool

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 01, 2021, 02:12:37 PM
Im on the Novenas hoping for Woy

Fúck no to him, Sam or Moysey..

Nuno I could live with IF Carlo goes and that's not a given either.

Real haven't the nails to scratch their own arse.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: johnnycool on June 01, 2021, 02:17:05 PM

David Ornstein who is generally on the money about a lot of stuff has it as a done deal. Nuno stepped down from Wolves expressing a desire to spend more time in Portugal with family as he found the pandemic harsh so don't know if he would be an option.

I see Graham Potters name floating around as well....might as well go for Harry Potter!

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnnycool on June 01, 2021, 02:17:05 PM

all the 'in the know' journos on twitter are saying that's its virtually a done deal.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

Starting to see that. Not good. In saying that our consistency the last half of the season has been brutal.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.