GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: u bent op uw on August 02, 2008, 10:08:51 PM
Moy GFC in County Tyrone are celebrating their Centenary anniversary this year and would like the names and addresses of past members/players/contacts of the club who are based in Britain.

There are several people based in Warwickshire and they would like to know of people who may be based in the other Counties.

If you know of anyone who has been associated with the Moy club and still involved with the GAA`in Biritain please contact them via their website.

George McGuigan i believe has still quite involved in Warwickshire GAA circles. He would have been a Moy player in the 50's or 60's i'd say.
There is another guy called Pat Mellon that works on the building sites, he is a former player but wouldnt be in the GAA circle now. If you need either phone number i can get them for you.

u bent op uw

Thanks maddog

I believe George is covered and I would expect Pat is too with a name like Mellon!!

In any case, pass on the details to the Moy club's website and thanks for the response.

Is mise

thejuice

Warwickshire Senior Final 14th Sept

Roger Casements Vs McDermotts

ITs been a funny year, with the way the championship was run. The final will be our 4th championship game, which says it all really.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

carnaross

Yorkshire Championship Semi-Finals:

St. Benedicts Harps v Brothers Pearse 1.00pm
Young Irelands v Cuchullains 2.15pm

Both games at Beeston in Leeds on Sunday, Sept. 14.

Final also at Beeston on Sunday, Sept. 28.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

maddog

Quote from: thejuice on September 02, 2008, 01:39:49 PM

ITs been a funny year, with the way the championship was run. The final will be our 4th championship game, which says it all really.

What time is the throw in ?

thejuice

Quote from: maddog on September 08, 2008, 12:33:55 PM

I've no idea, nothing on the Warwickshire website or hoganstand. Will let you know when I find out
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

maddog

Quote from: thejuice on September 09, 2008, 12:43:24 PM

Sound job, i'll likely take a drive out to it alright, if this rain ever stops.

I've no idea, nothing on the Warwickshire website or hoganstand. Will let you know when I find out

thejuice

Quote from: maddog on September 09, 2008, 05:00:22 PM
Quote from: thejuice on September 09, 2008, 12:43:24 PM

Sound job, i'll likely take a drive out to it alright, if this rain ever stops.

Ladies Final - 1pm

Senior Mens - 3:30pm

thejuice

Dissappointed but feckin MacDermotts were able to get the goals and were generally better going forward even if their shooting was horrendous. Was a good game, see-saw battle in mid-field.

were you there mad-dog? Armagh jersey was it?

maddog

Quote from: thejuice on September 15, 2008, 10:51:34 AM
Dissappointed but feckin MacDermotts were able to get the goals and were generally better going forward even if their shooting was horrendous. Was a good game, see-saw battle in mid-field.

were you there mad-dog? Armagh jersey was it?

I was there indeed, was stood over on sideline on about the 14 just to left of the clubhouse. Havent seen a crowd out there that big in a good while, had to park out on the road ffs.
yeah macs shooting was desperate. Eamon Hanlon (baldy macs no8) set the tone by missing a 21 yard free early on, after that Trevor Neville (no 16) Stephen McGerr (no 13) weighed in with a few more wides. Id say all in all first half they must have racked up 12 wides or damn near it. Casements were more economical with the ball and made better of their chances, who was the baldy no 9 for you? He certainly knows how to pick out a pass.
Id say Macs strength probably lies in HB and HF line, their FB and FF lines are shaky enough. In fairness both sides tried to play football, their was some nice build up play but the shooting was poor.
casements arent that far away, a couple of more players here and there and you would be near enough. What about big Ger the Mayo bomber, can he be enticed back? ;)
Were you playing yourself or spectating?

thejuice

I was on the bench.

Number 9 was Paul Houston, he did really well it was only the cross field ball at the end that went wrong for him. It took us too long to get into the game. Pity we're losing Michael Quirke (No.12 kicking the 45's) to Coventry City but best of luck to him. he's a great player.

Hopefully the championship wont be run the same way again next year. Also I thnk St. Marys should be in the senior as well as a few others.

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: thejuice on September 15, 2008, 12:01:23 PM
I was on the bench.

Number 9 was Paul Houston, he did really well it was only the cross field ball at the end that went wrong for him. It took us too long to get into the game. Pity we're losing Michael Quirke (No.12 kicking the 45's) to Coventry City but best of luck to him. he's a great player.

Hopefully the championship wont be run the same way again next year. Also I thnk St. Marys should be in the senior as well as a few others.
I thought the standard was very poor  with macs young lads been that bit fitter towards the end.It shows Warwickshire in a bad light that the 2 best players would probaly be the oldest in Joseph Dowling and Ossie Bennett

bredaghgael86

Quote from: carnaross on September 05, 2008, 12:31:57 PM
Yorkshire Championship Semi-Finals:

St. Benedicts Harps v Brothers Pearse 1.00pm
Young Irelands v Cuchullains 2.15pm

Both games at Beeston in Leeds on Sunday, Sept. 14.

Final also at Beeston on Sunday, Sept. 28.

Where abouts is the cuchullains club based?

carnaross

Newcastle, just started up this year.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Rav67

How'd the Yorkshire semis go and when's the final?