Hurling championship 2021

Started by seafoid, April 27, 2021, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2021, 04:14:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2021, 02:16:25 PM
Does he do judo or whatever? If so then tbh that is seriously bad form. The guy shouldn't be at him yes but you can't be doing that. If you practise that stuff you are only supposed to ever use it for self defense.

Cork lad threw a bit of a forearm/hurl into his neck so initiated the incident. Not sure about the judo side of things, looks instinctive to grab the arm as he was falling himself to be a judo move but no expert on that side of things.

Two yellows were fine..

No talk about the potential penalty and sin binning of the Cork defender who just wrapped his arms around Guillane preventing a goal scoring opportunity??

Ah here, he suplexed/hip tossed him and your man landed on his neck. The fact Lynch was hit first is irrelevant.

Milltown Row2

Again can't see that he did this 'judo' move on purpose, a reactionary move which in slow mo and multiple angles looks bad, ref/officials get one view.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

He bent over and used his strength to drag and toss a guy onto his head...by accident?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on August 23, 2021, 09:39:16 PM
He bent over and used his strength to drag and toss a guy onto his head...by accident?

I watched it live, in real time and the guy jumped on his back and he threw him off it, I said in slow no and different angles it looks bad but the ref doesn't have that ability.

The key here is the first foul, no first foul no second foul, both deserved cards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah I would agree. It doesn't look good. I don't think that is the move of someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

imtommygunn

The key's not the first foul... someone pushes you and you smack them on the mouth the key is the smack on the mouth...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2021, 09:49:04 PM
The key's not the first foul... someone pushes you and you smack them on the mouth the key is the smack on the mouth...

It's reactionary, a push doesn't result in a punch in the mouth, he was clipped with the hurl and jumped on, the 'throw' at the time didn't look that bad, again it happened fast, hard to call it

yellowcard

That is as blatant a red card as you are likely to see in a season. The only saving grace is that the Cork lad wasn't seriously injured. It may have been instinctive but extremely dangerous. I seem to remember Philly McMahon losing a MOTM award in the 2015 final after the eye gouging incident was highlighted on the Sunday Game that night, the bar appears to be set much higher in hurling for dangerous incidents.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2021, 09:55:24 PM
That is as blatant a red card as you are likely to see in a season. The only saving grace is that the Cork lad wasn't seriously injured. It may have been instinctive but extremely dangerous. I seem to remember Philly McMahon losing a MOTM award in the 2015 final after the eye gouging incident was highlighted on the Sunday Game that night, the bar appears to be set much higher in hurling for dangerous incidents.

So when you watched it, and remember the ball was away from the incident and you think the ref should have given a red?

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2021, 09:55:24 PM

So when you watched it, and remember the ball was away from the incident and you think the ref should have given a red?

Honestly, no but I'm not blaming the ref. Just merely pointing out that if he watches the incident again then it's a red card all day long. The Cork lad is lucky he wasn't seriously injured. I think Lynch knew he had committed a dangerous manoeuvre if you look at his immediate reaction he went down holding his head.

Boycey

At full speed it seems more instinctive than malicious intent. Sometimes slow motion doesn't help. I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would 😂

Milltown Row2

So that's all we can go by, if we watch countless matches in Slow mo or different angles we'd be giving red cards all day!!

I have watched it and it's a deliberate throw, but I've thrown people off and I've been thrown off people, never once thought it was a 'judo' throw or that I didn't expect anything else.

People are claiming he was a judo expert! And yes he reacted as most people in sport do after a foul, feign an injury, though he was clipped and jumped on

imtommygunn

It reminded me of a boy from a club just up the road from you in action!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2021, 10:18:34 PM
It reminded me of a boy from a club just up the road from you in action!

I remember a few judo players back in the day, they were athletic and funny enough no one tackled them too much

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I'm not sure he meant to spear him but it was bloody dangerous and careless, honestly very nearly a disaster paralysis, red card for me