Hurling championship 2021

Started by seafoid, April 27, 2021, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

I must say, the Sky Sports commentary and analysis has been a lot more enjoyable to listen to in contrast to RTE. Marty Morrissey just doesn't do it for me.

Capt Pat

Limerick are like Kilkenny were in the past.

Cork will have to look to the future. They won both under 20 and minor all irelands easily but today will not be their day.

Whatever happened to Corks traditional blood and bandages hooped goalkeeper jersey? It hasn't featured in any of the 3 hurling finals this week.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on August 22, 2021, 04:13:50 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2021, 04:07:18 PM
Limerick flying but do we really want a team getting fifty points in an AIF??
I agree but I'm here at it and it's just been awesome watching that display from Limerick.
It does maybe ruin it for the second half as there is no way back from Cork and it could end up any score but it was mesmerising being here and seeing it live.

I'm not having a dig at either team really and Limerick have been phenomenal but this new sliotar is obviously making it easier to score from further out and making a lot of defending redundant the kind of scores being racked up is too much and making it a lot like basketball!

seafoid

Cork would have been.better off losing the semi final.by a point.
Getting that hammering does them no favours.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on November 29, 2020, 05:48:49 PM
Limerick won't be back next year.

Quote from: seafoid on November 29, 2020, 07:35:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2020, 05:55:44 PM
Limerick won't be back next year? How do you figure that one?
Because the energy levels required to.retain the All Ireland have been beyond them, Tipp and Galway in recent years

It comes down to intensity. Plus next year is 6 months away

Good man Seafoid  ;D

Milltown Row2

I'd a seat in the Davin Stand today, the movement from Limericks forwards was something else, the first touch streets ahead of Cork, the halftime score would win two games!

Struggling to see how Cork will come back next year, the physicality was poles apart also, Corks fullback tall and lean, Limericks tall and brickshitouse, the match ups didn't work today.. not sure who'll challenge
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

It's too easy to say say they're like the Kilkenny team because of the dominance, but Kilkenny, as ridiculous as it sounds, were never this far ahead of the pack. Limerick are on a different planet to every other county bar none. It could be years before anyone catches them.

hoynevalley

Kidder81

I have said before and it's not exactly news but this Limerick team are unbeatable

thewobbler

Semi professionalism is a truly unhealthy thing for Gaelic Games

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2021, 05:59:19 PM
It's too easy to say say they're like the Kilkenny team because of the dominance, but Kilkenny, as ridiculous as it sounds, were never this far ahead of the pack. Limerick are on a different planet to every other county bar none. It could be years before anyone catches them.

Kilkenny just got some great players all at the one time. (Plus a great manager). As can be seen some of them were irreplaceable. Limerick are a bit like the dubs and have a factory line and a "process" in place. They are just streets ahead of the rest.

Cork need to do a load of conditioning work to get to that level. Too many wee light boys.

gallsman

Cork minors yesterday didn't look like wee light boys. Game done changed!

Boycey

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 22, 2021, 06:58:43 PM

Kilkenny just got some great players all at the one time. (Plus a great manager). As can be seen some of them were irreplaceable. Limerick are a bit like the dubs and have a factory line and a "process" in place. They are just streets ahead of the rest.

Cork need to do a load of conditioning work to get to that level. Too many wee light boys.

A factory line? 12 that started today started in 2018, 14 of last year's team started.... They are a freak generational team just enjoy them.

Just in the door from the match, hadn't the time to look at my phone while I was there. If was a privilege to be there to see that 1st display... Still buzzing

Up the Treaty..

johnnycool

Quote from: Boycey on August 22, 2021, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 22, 2021, 06:58:43 PM

A factory line? 12 that started today started in 2018, 14 of last year's team started.... They are a freak generational team just enjoy them.

Just in the door from the match, hadn't the time to look at my phone while I was there. If was a privilege to be there to see that 1st display... Still buzzing

Up the Treaty..

They're a young team but will still need some fresh faces to keep ahead of the pack. Their U20's gave Cork the only game they had this year.

That was some first half of hurling all the same, sit back and enjoy them but I do think they're the top dogs for another few years...

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Miles ahead of everyone else. Great team , every aspect of them from physical prowess to skill