Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Lol. Last year it was the QUB Clique destroying Down football to satisfy their own unknown but sadistic needs. This year it's a Kilcoo Cabal hell bent on taking us apart from within.

You lads need to stop overthinking things.

downtothecore

Sandstorm

Terrible night out there, rain and wind, bad day tomorrow.them so and SO's from Kilcoo are at it again.😊😊

supersub

And so the apathy continues. It just goes to show it doesn't matter who may be in charge, or what squad of players available, it'll always be the wrong call, the wrong man, the county boards fault, Kilcoo's fault, Sean Og's dogs food suppliers fault. Sick to the teeth of it. Get behind the management, team and county whoever it may be instead of forensically examining the whataboutery of yesteryear to try and unearth some damning statistic to bark at us all.

Ed Hardy

Quote from: Lloyd p on December 27, 2022, 09:41:29 PM
Anyone have a list of the full McKenna cup panel?

By looks of it, might have wait until Wednesday night to hear about the panel. Obviously seen D McAleenan at the launch so sure he'll be involved, was told  (could be wrong mind) 4 from Glenn on the extended panel, Brooks, McCartan, Miller and McParland. That's all I've heard.

snoopdog

Quote from: supersub on December 30, 2022, 12:20:44 AM
And so the apathy continues. It just goes to show it doesn't matter who may be in charge, or what squad of players available, it'll always be the wrong call, the wrong man, the county boards fault, Kilcoo's fault, Sean Og's dogs food suppliers fault. Sick to the teeth of it. Get behind the management, team and county whoever it may be instead of forensically examining the whataboutery of yesteryear to try and unearth some damning statistic to bark at us all.
Those bitching and moaning  probably don't even go to the games.  Give the management team a chance. It took McGeeney 8 years to get Armagh competitive. This management team needs time also.

ardtole

I'm living outside the county at present  but I have to say I'm looking forward to the new season. Laverty is an intriguing character and I'm hoping he starts well. It's been a tough few years following Down.

Targetman

Begrudgers and all welcome next Wednesday at Castleblaney!

Sandstorm

Not going to happen Target man, Brick, Redandblack and urf will be sitting at home hoping their county get beat. No wonder Down have such a poor record over the last few years and are in Div 3 with such negativity.

Lotto

I have no issue getting behind the team and the county, we all want them to do well but the management is a different issue. I, like many others, despise our current manager and will never back him. The track record of ill discipline and unacceptable behaviour by every team he has ever been involved with says more about him than it does of the players, hopefully the Down players take a strong line and tell him to do one if he tries it on, just the Monaghan players did.

The_big_bad_wolf

Quote from: Lotto on December 30, 2022, 04:28:34 PM

I have no issue getting behind the team and the county, we all want them to do well but the management is a different issue. I, like many others, despise our current manager and will never back him. The track record of ill discipline and unacceptable behaviour by every team he has ever been involved with says more about him than it does of the players, hopefully the Down players take a strong line and tell him to do one if he tries it on, just the Monaghan players did.

I would like if you would get your facts right Lotto about the current Down manager.  With my job based in the Monaghan area I am in conversation with several of the Monaghan players on a regular basis and they hold this individual in high regard! 

Just because your club didn't have the ability to beat Kilcoo in the past 10 years, doesn't mean that you take this out on the new Down manager.

Lotto

Quote from: The_big_bad_wolf on December 30, 2022, 06:34:43 PM

I would like if you would get your facts right Lotto about the current Down manager.  With my job based in the Monaghan area I am in conversation with several of the Monaghan players on a regular basis and they hold this individual in high regard! 

Just because your club didn't have the ability to beat Kilcoo in the past 10 years, doesn't mean that you take this out on the new Down manager.

There you go now, that's me told. Funny, that's not what I have heard and if he was such a wonderful coach why did they not want to keep him?

The_big_bad_wolf

Quote from: Lotto on December 30, 2022, 06:46:10 PM

There you go now, that's me told. Funny, that's not what I have heard and if he was such a wonderful coach why did they not want to keep him?

I don't know what you heard but I know for a fact, from the players I have spoken to, that they wanted him to stay.  There were other issues within the camp, which are the reason why the goal keeper coach John Devine and the S&C coach Peter Donnelly left at the same time as our current Down Manager.

Lotto

Quote from: The_big_bad_wolf on December 30, 2022, 06:59:58 PM
Quote from: Lotto on December 30, 2022, 06:46:10 PM

I don't know what you heard but I know for a fact, from the players I have spoken to, that they wanted him to stay.  There were other issues within the camp, which are the reason why the goal keeper coach John Devine and the S&C coach Peter Donnelly left at the same time as our current Down Manager.

There's me told again. Apparently we have a Clonduff man backing the 'current Down manager' as he keeps saying, you are a forgiving bunch in Hilltown.

Johnnysboys

At last. Let's hope this man has more loyalty than the last one.