Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on February 14, 2021, 04:18:30 PM
There's not a lot of support for it.

A couple of people (including myself) don't overly consider adult men exercising outdoors in parks that are open to the public, to be worthy of anything beyond indifference. That is neither a "lot" or "support".

By the way did you see the photos from Stormont yesterday? Thousands of people from hundreds of households all in the one public space. I'd have no problem with this either. So long as they've a dollop of common sense, the only thing they'll catch is a few shivers.

Quote from: SamFever on February 14, 2021, 08:58:04 PM
Unbelievable the laissez-faire attitude to all of this,especially from posters who I would have expected more off.

I take it you are talking about the wonderful guru of Down football thewobbler. It is hardly surprising he hasn't changed his stance since his club Ballyholland were proven to be one of the worst rule breakers in lockdown 1.

thewobbler

Nobody in Down football has stepped out of line this week.

But Lotto is on the drink again, and someone must be called out for the sins.

Looks like it's my turn again.

Poor me.

Lotto

Lotto

Seriously, you are worse than your doppleganger!

thewobbler

Well until you let us know a few details about yourself, I'm more than happy to join him in painting you as a bitter alcoholic.

All's fair in absolute anonymity.

Lotto

What are you on about? Your opinion on allowing teams to train is obscene. How can seriously say it is ok to train, no matter what the numbers are? Your club totally ignored the rules in lockdown 1 and your community paid for it, I take it none of your family died because of it. Don't come on here and be the big I am, seriously catch yourself on.

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on February 16, 2021, 11:31:47 PM
What are you on about? Your opinion on allowing teams to train is obscene. How can seriously say it is ok to train, no matter what the numbers are? Your club totally ignored the rules in lockdown 1 and your community paid for it, I take it none of your family died because of it. Don't come on here and be the big I am, seriously catch yourself on.

I'm quoting this one Lotto, for the reason that when you read this back to yourself when sober, you might regret it and try to delete.

It's probably best you you remain anonymous. There's a lot of people I know would take very serious umbrage with you for what you've just written. You've connected Ballyholland Harps GAC to deaths in the community.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on February 16, 2021, 11:42:46 PM

I'm quoting this one Lotto, for the reason that when you read this back to yourself when sober, you might regret it and try to delete.

It's probably best you you remain anonymous. There's a lot of people I know would take very serious umbrage with you for what you've just written. You've connected Ballyholland Harps GAC to deaths in the community.

Your attempts to demean me aren't working. I seriously hope that none of the deaths in your community came about by the transmission between your players that flagrantly disobeyed both GAA and NI Gov rules, I can't answer that. You and your Senior team know what you did so don't put it back on me for highlighting it here or last year either.

wobbller

Quote from: Lotto on February 16, 2021, 11:59:37 PM

Your attempts to demean me aren't working. I seriously hope that none of the deaths in your community came about by the transmission between your players that flagrantly disobeyed both GAA and NI Gov rules, I can't answer that. You and your Senior team know what you did so don't put it back on me for highlighting it here or last year either.
Have to defend my cousin here.
   Locco or lotto whatever suits your inebriation level-no one is demeaning you on this Board.You are demeaning yourself and all connected to you.
    The Minor Management is a strange one.It seems Ambrose has got himself appointed to this gig this past 6 or 7 years and is now joined by his Line Manager.Eyes in the camp for you know who methinks.Ps. I wish them well after the last eight wasted years or is that ten years if you include wee Pete?

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on February 17, 2021, 12:23:06 AM

Locco or lotto whatever suits your inebriation level-no one is demeaning you on this Board.You are demeaning yourself and all connected to you.
    The Minor Management is a strange one.It seems Ambrose has got himself appointed to this gig this past 6 or 7 years and is now joined by his Line Manager.Eyes in the camp for you know who methinks.Ps. I wish them well after the last eight wasted years or is that ten years if you include wee Pete?

Good man, take care.

wobbller

Quote from: Lotto on February 17, 2021, 12:43:41 AM
Quote from: wobbller on February 17, 2021, 12:23:06 AM

Good man, take care.
Always!

Smurfy123

Lotto what are you talking about man?
You say none of these have any experience at this level
Cunningham Burren minors for years
Morgan successful Carryduff minor and 21
Dougherty successful Carryduff
Ambrose involved under James

Still I thought the board would have went for Mickey Walsh and Mickey linden or Ross Carr and Thornton

The above went for both the under 20 job and the minors so it's a big blow for both and can't see either being back managing again at this level for a while

I wish the new management team all the best

And lotto wise up with that ridiculous statement about Ballyholland

whitegoodman

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 17, 2021, 06:59:11 AM
Lotto what are you talking about man?
You say none of these have any experience at this level
Cunningham Burren minors for years
Morgan successful Carryduff minor and 21
Dougherty successful Carryduff
Ambrose involved under James

Still I thought the board would have went for Mickey Walsh and Mickey linden or Ross Carr and Thornton

The above went for both the under 20 job and the minors so it’s a big blow for both and can’t see either being back managing again at this level for a while

I wish the new management team all the best

And lotto wise up with that ridiculous statement about Ballyholland

This is not correct.

manwithnoplan

Quite a large minor management team, hopefully that brings plenty of ideas and knowledge of the available players to the table. However I'd hope it wouldn't mean a clash in terms of ideas/playing styles etc. Is there an indication on who would have the ultimate say on these things or who has the "lead role" as such? Hopefully see an upturn in fortunes and wish the management and team the best for whenever they can get back at it.