Stephen Cluxton

Started by Tommo2, September 18, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: sid waddell on June 24, 2021, 03:48:30 PM
At the age Cluxton is, he's on the vulnerable list as regards Covid

So understandably there has been a lot of confusion about whether it's safe for him to return

Dublin will need to put a protective cocoon around him if he does
Looks well for over 60.

fearsiuil

Quote from: macker15 on June 24, 2021, 04:12:27 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 24, 2021, 02:01:33 PM
Enda Sheehy played for Mayo or Sligo in the early noughties

Is he a guard?
Was on Mayo panel for a short while, think he played a year with Crossmolina. He's a teacher in Clonkeen college.

yellowcard

Ciaran Whelan seemed to know very little about the Cluxton situation tonight either which is baffling at this stage just one week out from the championship. All he said was that he played for his club at the weekend but doesn't expect him to start in goal for the Dubs in the championship first match. It's a bizarre situation but very little report of it in the media despite him being the captain of the AI champions.

larryin89

i personally seen him drive into training about 3 weeks ago on a friday about 5 o clock or just after .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Onthe40

Guys they play Wexford next Sunday, I think Cluxton is hardly key for that one.. game time for the sub keepers..he will be back for the business end..

yellowcard

So Dessie Farrell has confirmed that he has stepped away from Dublin for now. I'd imagine that's him him retired then, seems that David Brady was right all along when he had it weeks ago. This could be a game changer in terms of the AI title now. Psychologically it's a huge blow for Dublin and Kerry must now have a great chance of breaking the Dubs stranglehold.

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on July 04, 2021, 06:19:04 PM
So Dessie Farrell has confirmed that he has stepped away from Dublin for now. I'd imagine that's him him retired then, seems that David Brady was right all along when he had it weeks ago. This could be a game changer in terms of the AI title now. Psychologically it's a huge blow for Dublin and Kerry must now have a great chance of breaking the Dubs stranglehold.

I'd think thats him retired also. As I said already the type of fellow that wouldn't let the media know that he's officially retired.

Kerry will still need to improve a lot in defence if they are to meet Dublin later and want to beat them.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

skeog

What a career Stephen has had.Will be missed big time imo.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: larryin89 on June 28, 2021, 01:00:52 PM
i personally seen him drive into training about 3 weeks ago on a friday about 5 o clock or just after .

5pm on a Friday is when they lift their cheques. Can't be easy waking away from that gravy train

larryin89

Quote from: StPatsAbu on July 05, 2021, 08:46:15 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 28, 2021, 01:00:52 PM

5pm on a Friday is when they lift their cheques. Can't be easy waking away from that gravy train

All jokes aside he most certainly turned into inis faels ground in the Dublin sponsored jeep . Make of that what you will but I know what I saw
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

StPatsAbu

Quote from: skeog on July 04, 2021, 07:33:27 PM
What a career Stephen has had.Will be missed big time imo.

Farrell could probably shave €100k off the wage bill if he can get him to retite.

Will it ever end

Paul Flynn would be one of Stephen's best mates - his words this morning show there's clearly more to this than retiring - hope all is ok.

lfdown2

Quote from: Will it ever end on July 05, 2021, 08:57:44 AM
Paul Flynn would be one of Stephen's best mates - his words this morning show there's clearly more to this than retiring - hope all is ok.

He is 100% right, I'm sure Dessie and the squad are suitably informed as to Cluxton's availability or otherwise, what those on the SG are really complaining about is that they don't have the inside track on the story, they nor us have any entitlement to it imo.

APM

Quote from: lfdown2 on July 05, 2021, 09:10:09 AM

He is 100% right, I'm sure Dessie and the squad are suitably informed as to Cluxton's availability or otherwise, what those on the SG are really complaining about is that they don't have the inside track on the story, they nor us have any entitlement to it imo.

What did Flynn say?

lfdown2

Quote from: APM on July 05, 2021, 09:47:09 AM
Quote from: lfdown2 on July 05, 2021, 09:10:09 AM

What did Flynn say?

https://twitter.com/Flinto23/status/1411952520541487105

"Stephen Cluxton deserves time and space if he needs/wants it. It's an amateur sport, he isn't contracted or obligated play. He can opt in or out or be deselected at any time! Nobody knows what's going on in any players life as to why they need/ want a break. Nonsense on the SG!"