Yes
31 (35.6%)
No
56 (64.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

INDIANA

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 01, 2011, 02:58:35 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 01, 2011, 12:57:57 PM
Mayo have to be favourites having beaten the All-Ireland champions. Hopefully Kerry can try to give them a game.

Thats what I was on about INDIANA, what is it with Dubs attitude towards Mayo?

What is it with your paranoia? Its just a bit of crack. Have a day off.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2011, 02:07:35 PM
I have a Mayo friend who reckons they'll beat Kerry by 6 points.

Is this your imaginary Mayo friend?

By the way looks like your minors were sharing the Love yesterday?

ziggysego

Kerry's there for the taking, they haven't really been tested this year. If Mayo have the belief and don't afford Kerry too much respect, they have a very good chance to making an All-Ireland Final.
Testing Accessibility

From the Bunker

Quote from: ziggysego on August 01, 2011, 05:49:28 PM
Kerry's there for the taking, they haven't really been tested this year. If Mayo have the belief and don't afford Kerry too much respect, they have a very good chance to making an All-Ireland Final.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

God I've heard them lines so many times before!

We should call this thread 'Lets Laugh at Mayo'. As really that's what it is!

ziggysego

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 01, 2011, 05:51:36 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 01, 2011, 05:49:28 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

God I've heard them lines so many times before!

If Tyrone make it to the Final, I'd rather get Kerry. Can't seem to beat them Mayo ones. ;)
Testing Accessibility

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: INDIANA on August 01, 2011, 04:56:20 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 01, 2011, 02:58:35 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 01, 2011, 12:57:57 PM
Mayo have to be favourites having beaten the All-Ireland champions. Hopefully Kerry can try to give them a game.

Thats what I was on about INDIANA, what is it with Dubs attitude towards Mayo?

What is it with your paranoia? Its just a bit of crack. Have a day off.

Apologies, having lived in Dublin I came across this alot. I'm sure its not the way you intended.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 01, 2011, 05:46:44 PM

We're not out yet!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

20leg-end08

Any of the five teams remaining have a good chance. No outstanding team around for the last couple of seasons and it's there for the taking for whatever group wants it most. If Mayo don't sh*t themselves, which is a big if, they've got a great shout.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Shrewdness

Quote from: mckieran on August 01, 2011, 10:33:05 AM
I dont think they will beat Kerry so my answer is No. I'd have major question marks over some of their defenders, especially their full back. Donaghy has been good against Mayo in the past and he could cause damage again. Cooper is having a fairly quiet year (But bizarrely nobody seems to be commenting on it), yet I can see him come to life against Mayo too. I am not too sure they have any defender capable of holding Declan O'Sullivan either. However, if none of the the aforementioned three perform and Darren O'Sullivan is missing, then Mayo do have a chance against Kerry. There are also serious doubts about Kerry's midfield; I would expect Mayo to have a big advantage there with the two O'Ses. And there is potential for Dillion to expose Brosnan at centre back.

While I give Mayo an outside chance, I think Kerry are the better team.

One has to wonder why there is a thread about winning Sam when Mayo are just in a semi-final; they are a long way from Sam yet...

Someone else started a thread about just handing Sam to Kerry.

Even though i'm a Rossie, Mayo are as entitled to be considered as much as anyone else left in it.
Their victory over Cork was highly impressive and i believe they'll present Kerry with the toughest test they've faced yet after all Munster opposition.

The reaction to this thread from some of the Mayo lads is bordering on paranoia with one clown looking to call in the mods.
Was just genuinely looking to test the national reaction to Mayo's great win yesterday, and you get verbally accused for even discussing it.

Mike Sheehy

Highly likely. They'll have to get past us of course but our midfield is very suspect so you would expect the two O'Sheas to dominate.  Brosnan and O'Mahoney are poor so you could see the Mayo forwards running riot as well.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2011, 06:15:06 PM

We're not out yet!
ye are now!!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

From the Bunker

We're not out yet!

Loved;D

Jinxy

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 01, 2011, 08:55:53 PM

We're not out yet!
ye are now!!

Whoooooooooooosh.

blast05

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 01, 2011, 06:26:56 PM
Quote from: mckieran on August 01, 2011, 10:33:05 AM
I dont think they will beat Kerry so my answer is No. I'd have major question marks over some of their defenders, especially their full back. Donaghy has been good against Mayo in the past and he could cause damage again. Cooper is having a fairly quiet year (But bizarrely nobody seems to be commenting on it), yet I can see him come to life against Mayo too. I am not too sure they have any defender capable of holding Declan O'Sullivan either. However, if none of the the aforementioned three perform and Darren O'Sullivan is missing, then Mayo do have a chance against Kerry. There are also serious doubts about Kerry's midfield; I would expect Mayo to have a big advantage there with the two O'Ses. And there is potential for Dillion to expose Brosnan at centre back.

While I give Mayo an outside chance, I think Kerry are the better team.

One has to wonder why there is a thread about winning Sam when Mayo are just in a semi-final; they are a long way from Sam yet...

Someone else started a thread about just handing Sam to Kerry.

Even though i'm a Rossie, Mayo are as entitled to be considered as much as anyone else left in it.
Their victory over Cork was highly impressive and i believe they'll present Kerry with the toughest test they've faced yet after all Munster opposition.

The reaction to this thread from some of the Mayo lads is bordering on paranoia with one clown looking to call in the mods.
Was just genuinely looking to test the national reaction to Mayo's great win yesterday, and you get verbally accused for even discussing it.

Clown is it?
This thread presents little more than an opportunity for the wise guys and smart arses to post little digs and comments that they think are very clever and witty. The thread serves no purpose regardless of the honesty of your intentions (which I seriously doubt .... I may not have posted much in the last 12 months or more but I've been reading everything Mayo related). Are there 4 other similar threads for the other remaining counties? ... of course not.
Ultimately the thread will feed into perceptions that we are losing the run of ourselves like times in the past when in fact the opposite is and will be the case this time.... and if we dont beat Kerry then this fake perception will be used by all and sundry to label Mayo as 'same old'
So in brief, piss off to the circus if you want to see a clown

Jinxy

The only thing Mayo people hate more than not being given a chance is being given a chance.