Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Macrory Cup Upper sixth Limit was 18 and a half, ie. The full upper sixth term. Hogan cup cut off was 18yrs as they do a year less down south, so technically the oldest was, 17yrs and a half. When did it extend to 19? There should be no extension. By the old year seven (now 14). Anybody after that should be inadmissible.

omagh_gael

Patrician beat St Mary's with a goal in second period of extra time. Semi finals as follows:

Omagh CBS v Patrician
Dungannon/St Macartans v HTC

ONeill

Didn't see that coming.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Big win for St Joe's Donaghmore in the McLarnon.

Not too distant future could see Cookstown, Dungannon, Omagh and Donaghmore competing in the A grade. Possibly Ballygawley too.

pbat

Why was the MacRory final moved from Patrick's day?

ONeill

Too many of the players were already booked to do rock-the-boat in the Holylands.

thewobbler

Quote from: pbat on February 10, 2023, 09:18:18 PM
Why was the MacRory final moved from Patrick's day?

Split season means county have first dibs on players in spring, so schools comps were brought forward

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on February 10, 2023, 09:09:40 PM

Not too distant future could see Cookstown, Dungannon, Omagh and Donaghmore competing in the A grade. Possibly Ballygawley too.

Some year for Tyrone schools winning the ulster A, B and C grade competitions.

LeoMc

What about the Dean?

redzone

Have the CBS taking their eye of the ball. Players seem to have spent the week doing publicity photos. Be interesting to see how it plays out on Sunday

Estimator

Would Donaghmore and Ballygawley have the numbers to play consistently at that level? Or would they be like Kilkeel a couple of great year groups and then fade back a bit?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Armagh18

Quote from: redzone on February 10, 2023, 10:55:22 PM
Have the CBS taking their eye of the ball. Players seem to have spent the week doing publicity photos. Be interesting to see how it plays out on Sunday
Cute hoorism?

clarshack

Will this be easy got on the iPlayer app tomorrow or a whole rigmarole like the Armagh v Monaghan game?

Walter Cronc

Am I the only one who just doesn't get the whole appeal of McRory cup? In many cases the best players (senior county) don't even feature whereas lads who peak early in their physical development do.

LC

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 12, 2023, 08:24:48 AM
Am I the only one who just doesn't get the whole appeal of McRory cup? In many cases the best players (senior county) don't even feature whereas lads who peak early in their physical development do.

Would not necessarily agree with your first point but there is merit in your second point.