Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APM

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 05:07:20 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 01, 2019, 04:13:52 PM
Marty - You asked a page or two back about what the people in the vicinity think of Sean Quinn and the attacks. 1) I don't think locals believe he was behind the attacks first and foremost. 2) Locals are horrified by the attacks and those that carried them out have little support other than the few loons they always had 3) People think Sean Quinn should be involved in running what they see as his businesses. 4) There is a certain split in what the intentions of the current board is towards the jobs in the area. I think some reasonable people are so horrified by the attacks that they feel that they cannot ask hard questions of the current boards actions or intentions as they risk being seen as being aligned to the attacks.

That's what I understand, outside a survey of facts of course. Now there is also a lot of muck being thrown around on both sides which is making things less than clear.

For example, on prime time McCartan was on about how Lunney got his nose broke and he linked it to an ongoing threats but I understand it that the person who done that was aggrieved over a totally different matter and is not linked to anything going on now.

1. Why don't they believe he was behind the attacks? The current QIH management team seem to be fairly certain that these attacks are orchestrated and financed by a moneyman who stands to gain from the business going back into the hands of the Quinn family.
2. Fair enough but who do they think are behind them and why do they differ so much with views of the victims of the attacks?
3. He lost those business through his own reckless mistakes and behaved abhorrently in hiding assets and reneging on his debts, putting the burden of his mistakes on the taxpayer.
4. What jobs in the area. Apparently QIH employ 840 people locally in the area, in the construction line of the Quinn business empire, what would the employment numbers have been at boom times? How can they shift these jobs. They own all the plant machinery, equipment, property in that area - it would not be financially viable to move. It's not like a technology company. This seems like very poorly thought out excuses from the Quinn cultists. What jobs are under threat? Specifically?

I'm with you! Are there some some people on here acting as apologists for what is happening and muddying the waters?
I find it hard to stomach the notion that those signs are still up and no-one in the local community, garda or PSNI haven't taken them down. 

Given all that has happened, the support for Quinn is strange and bizarre. Someone will make a film about this someday. 

Will it ever end

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 05:21:11 PM
Quote from: TabClear on November 01, 2019, 05:15:55 PM
Marty - You asked a page or two back about what the people in the vicinity think of Sean Quinn and the attacks. 1) I don't think locals believe he was behind the attacks first and foremost. 2) Locals are horrified by the attacks and those that carried them out have little support other than the few loons they always had 3) People think Sean Quinn should be involved in running what they see as his businesses. 4) There is a certain split in what the intentions of the current board is towards the jobs in the area. I think some reasonable people are so horrified by the attacks that they feel that they cannot ask hard questions of the current boards actions or intentions as they risk being seen as being aligned to the attacks.

That's what I understand, outside a survey of facts of course. Now there is also a lot of muck being thrown around on both sides which is making things less than clear.

For example, on prime time McCartan was on about how Lunney got his nose broke and he linked it to an ongoing threats but I understand it that the person who done that was aggrieved over a totally different matter and is not linked to anything going on now.

1. Why don't they believe he was behind the attacks? The current QIH management team seem to be fairly certain that these attacks are orchestrated and financed by a moneyman who stands to gain from the business going back into the hands of the Quinn family.
2. Fair enough but who do they think are behind them and why do they differ so much with views of the victims of the attacks?
3. He lost those business through his own reckless mistakes and behaved abhorrently in hiding assets and reneging on his debts, putting the burden of his mistakes on the taxpayer.
4. What jobs in the area. Apparently QIH employ 840 people locally in the area, in the construction line of the Quinn business empire, what would the employment numbers have been at boom times? How can they shift these jobs. They own all the plant machinery, equipment, property in that area - it would not be financially viable to move. It's not like a technology company. This seems like very poorly thought out excuses from the Quinn cultists. What jobs are under threat? Specifically?

I'm sure there was plenty of kit in Michelin, Gallaghers, Schlumberger, Wrightbus etc. Sometimes it does make financial sense to move despite this.

Wrightbus for one, is in administration.

Where is the vast majority of QIH's business conducted? Ireland or overseas?

Wrightbus is a totally different case for failure - No adaption to the electric market which is the developed form for public buses across the world at present & cash call on reserves for Green Pastures.

QIH largest product base will be into construction in the south & England - their positioned to benefit as their labour costs are by a stretch more competitive than their southern or English counterparts - this allows them to compete well in all markets on price - it would make no sense what so ever to relocate!

Angelo

Quote from: APM on November 01, 2019, 05:24:16 PM

I'm with you! Are there some some people on here acting as apologists for what is happening and muddying the waters?
I find it hard to stomach the notion that those signs are still up and no-one in the local community, garda or PSNI haven't taken them down. 

Given all that has happened, the support for Quinn is strange and bizarre. Someone will make a film about this someday.

It's flabbergasting, I'd like to give the people the benefit of the doubt and that originally back in the late 00s they were worried about the local economy collapsing with Quinn losing control but now they have local men who are on the management team and the company is performing well and providing plenty of employment locally. I'd like to the people in those areas the benefit of the doubt that they are scared/intimidated now to speak out against the violence and against the conduct of Quinn family rather than that they are still openly supporting Quinn to come back and seize control.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Will it ever end on November 01, 2019, 05:37:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 05:21:11 PM

I'm sure there was plenty of kit in Michelin, Gallaghers, Schlumberger, Wrightbus etc. Sometimes it does make financial sense to move despite this.

Wrightbus for one, is in administration.

Where is the vast majority of QIH's business conducted? Ireland or overseas?

Wrightbus is a totally different case for failure - No adaption to the electric market which is the developed form for public buses across the world at present & cash call on reserves for Green Pastures.

QIH largest product base will be into construction in the south & England - their positioned to benefit as their labour costs are by a stretch more competitive than their southern or English counterparts - this allows them to compete well in all markets on price - it would make no sense what so ever to relocate!

As well as that they are in the perfect situation to benefit from Brexit with plant operations closely located on both sides of the border.

marty34

Thanks for that Itchy.

A divided community - he created jobs in that area when rhey were fogot by Dublin and Belfast.

omaghjoe

I know a boy that used to worked at glass factory when there was accident there about 10 years back. He says they didnt want to turn off the furnace as it would take 6months or something to get it back to production level.
IDK the whole ins and outs of it but it didnt sound  like the easiest thing in the world to shift around

gallsman

Quote from: marty34 on November 01, 2019, 05:54:12 PM
3) People think Sean Quinn should be involved in running what they see as his businesses.

This is the biggest problem. It's not his business. He gambled it away. End of story.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on November 01, 2019, 06:32:31 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 01, 2019, 05:54:12 PM
3) People think Sean Quinn should be involved in running what they see as his businesses.

This is the biggest problem. It's not his business. He gambled it away. End of story.
But the local fan club think it's his. Is that not enough? Think of all the job he created out of the goodness of his heart.

Wildweasel74

His greed for money brought him down, and he he only himself to blame.

macdanger2

Interesting to hear the input from SS & Itchy.

I personally wouldn't have much time for Quinn but I can understand that a depth of appreciation would be there locally for him for providing jobs in an area that struggles for employment. No matter what SQ has done as regards gambling away his fortune, that appreciation will remain, it'd be the same in any similar area of the country.

However, I think the recent thuggery may change opinions if those people believe SQ is involved (again, I personally think it can't be anyone but him) but long standing opinions are hard changed

redzone

Nothing to do with quinn. About protection money, or lack of it.

Angelo

Quote from: redzone on November 01, 2019, 10:11:24 PM

Bull

Shit

Itchy

Angelo, you think you know a lot but you clearly know f**k all about this subject. Thats fair enough but it needs to be said.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 01, 2019, 10:39:03 PM
Angelo, you think you know a lot but you clearly know f**k all about this subject. Thats fair enough but it needs to be said.

I think you need to look at some of the stuff you came out including the pie in the sky angle about the potential loss of jobs you have been spouting, you're coming across as a Quinn shill who does not want to look at matters objectively.

fearbrags

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 10:26:53 PM
Quote from: redzone on November 01, 2019, 10:11:24 PM

Bull

Shit

Well It makes sense to me Ie When Sean was in charge he paid the ""protection money"" now they dont pay it so these rough man tactics are the result