FAI...Womens Euro 2025 Qualifier Draw - FRA, ENG, SWE

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

For all the possesion they didnt do a lot, had a couple of great chances and bottled it. Lets be honest that slovakia team were sh1te and we still couldnt win. The north with their far more limited resources get past a good bosnia team. A pretty dreadfull start all round from kenny

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Hound on October 08, 2020, 10:08:47 PM
Rumours going around social media that Connolly and Idah missed out due to an FAI administrative error when submitting the squad list.
Nothing is impossible in FAIland but presumably it's not true given there are two confirmed Covid cases in the Irish backroom team.

Complete bullshit.

PadraicHenryPearse

Capt Pat

A good performance from the boys in green tonight and it is only the euros. I want to go to the world cup. I wonder if Kenny is the man to bring us there.

BennyCake

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 08, 2020, 10:43:26 PM
A good performance from the boys in green tonight and it is only the euros. I want to go to the world cup. I wonder if Kenny is the man to bring us there.

Nope.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 08, 2020, 10:43:26 PM

Yeah, have to say I enjoyed watching Ireland trying to play football and try to score goals from play rather than set pieces.  That's the first time Ireland have tried to play football since Mick McCarthy's first stint as Ireland Manager. Which is 18 years ago!

general_lee

Disappointing to lose on penalties and really should have punished Slovakia. I think NI will beat them

fearbrags

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 08, 2020, 07:11:11 PM
Connolly and Idah not on the bench.
Any one hear a  rumor  that  Aaron Connelly and Adam  Idah  were not included  because some mess up from The FAI not submitting the team properly on  UEFA system apparently  not including   the 1st two names on the list

Orior

The only positive out of this is that we don't have to play the occupied six statelet.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

macdanger2

Quote from: fearbrags on October 08, 2020, 10:55:40 PM
Any one hear a  rumor  that  Aaron Connelly and Adam  Idah  were not included  because some mess up from The FAI not submitting the team properly on  UEFA system apparently  not including   the 1st two names on the list

Bullshit story apparently

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2020, 10:59:47 PM
The only positive out of this is that we don't have to play the occupied six statelet.

Aye, as getting bate by the GAWA would be even more embarrassing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Hourihanes miss was unforgivable  a pro thats can't score a tap in for 3 yards with his weaker foot. Very disappointing to go out when we had enough chances to score 1.

fearbrags

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 08, 2020, 11:03:11 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on October 08, 2020, 10:55:40 PM

Bullshit story apparently
I am glad to hear that at least  ;)

yellowcard

It was a mediocre performance against a mediocre side missing 2 of their best players. I certainly wouldn't go as overboard with the optimism as some about the great football we are playing but we are at least trying to retain possession a bit more. I'm just not sure we have the players, particularly in midfield to carry this out effectively.

The honeymoon period for Stephen Kenny is over and we will be judged on the World Cup qualifying campaign. He has a proven track record as a coach/manager albeit at a much lower level than he is currently operating. A big part of the Irish job is dealing with media commitments and he has struggled in that respect so far and that is before any inevitable criticism comes after a poor performance.

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2020, 10:59:47 PM

In Craobh Covid.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU