FAI...Womens Euro 2025 Qualifier Draw - FRA, ENG, SWE

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearbrags

Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2020, 05:48:48 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 06, 2020, 05:46:45 PM
Jaysus after watching Ros club games, this is really like watching paint dry.

Don't watch it then.

Roscommon Club  football of a very high standard though,  we are spoiled  ;)

Itchy

Feel sorry for them, they trying to play but they just don't have the quality

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

From the Bunker

Quote from: SHEEDY on September 06, 2020, 06:58:18 PM
New era they said....  :-\

Jack Charltons first game v Wales ended in defeat.

See what happened there.

Don't remember anyone raving about how revolutionary his tactics were in that game?

An Watcher

Early days lads, don't think bulgaria or Finland were as poor as we thought they might have been. Bulgaria almost got a point in Wales and Finland have already qualified for the euros. At least we're heading into the play off without anyone expecting a result.

Angelo

Ireland don't have the players to play the type of football the press and general public want them to.

They are a team of cloggers and need to go back to chasing after the opposition, getting stuck in, booting it up the park and getting a few goals from set plays.

Doherty is a woeful defender and it was shown tonight, his attitude absolutely stinks.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

mouview

Quote from: Itchy on September 06, 2020, 06:41:07 PM

Sorry for them? They're well-paid professionals by any standards and they can scarcely pass the ball to a teammate, a rudimentary requirement of the sport. Bar the absolute minnows, e.g. Gibraltar, Andorra, there's hardly a team in Europe that doesn't show us up in some form as being thoroughly abject. I wish Kenny well and I hope that the FAI back him for a few years in the hope that he may improve the overall standard by some measurement.

BennyCake

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on September 06, 2020, 08:24:14 PM

Sorry for them? They're well-paid professionals by any standards and they can scarcely pass the ball to a teammate, a rudimentary requirement of the sport. Bar the absolute minnows, e.g. Gibraltar, Andorra, there's hardly a team in Europe that doesn't show us up in some form as being thoroughly abject. I wish Kenny well and I hope that the FAI back him for a few years in the hope that he may improve the overall standard by some measurement.

French people have been moaning that France can't produce a Tour winner. Can't put a team together .Pure fuckin' usheless. it would remind you of vintage Galway hurlers.

Tour de France : pourquoi les Français n'y arrivent pas http://video.lefigaro.fr/figaro/video/partager/6185457130001/ via @Figaro_Live

So would the BIG .

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

yellowcard

The media are desperate for Stephen Kenny to do well and have built him up that much before a ball was kicked that you would swear he was going to come in and turn low grade premier league/championship plodders into a total football playing Ajax.

Now he might yet prove a success but the early signs aren't great. I was surprised at how jittery he appears in post match press conferences and the football lacks any form of incisiveness or penetration. He is asking a lot of those players to play a game that is alien to them but my bigger concern is whether he has the stature or authority needed to see it through if that is what he really believes in. Another few of those performances and the media and public might not be so forgiving and we know what happened the last time another man from Dundalk started off in that vein.

From the Bunker

We all want him to do well. It's worth the gamble. We have had our fill of Trapattoni, O'Neill and even the 2nd coming of McCarthy's brand of football.

Kenny has come in at the deep-end. The previous Manager was not sacked. Usually Managers take over from unsuccessful predecessors. There are no friendlies to experiment. The two teams we played this weekend are supposed to be at our level. The Nations League is all about playing teams at your level. So results are not easy. He is not starting a new campaign, but trying to finish of the present campaign and qualify for the Euros.

Itchy

Quote from: mouview on September 06, 2020, 08:24:14 PM

There's no creativity in the team, they don't have the tools to break down an organised defence. You can complain all you want, the players aren't there and it'll be corners and frees where most of scores come from. Not Kennys fault.

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on September 06, 2020, 07:56:26 PM
Ireland don't have the players to play the type of football the press and general public want them to.

They are a team of cloggers and need to go back to chasing after the opposition, getting stuck in, booting it up the park and getting a few goals from set plays.

Doherty is a woeful defender and it was shown tonight, his attitude absolutely stinks.

And you're a fuckwit that knows nothing about anything.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on September 06, 2020, 11:03:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 06, 2020, 07:56:26 PM

And you're a fuckwit that knows nothing about anything.

Haven't you just basically parroted what I said in your last post?

What does that say about you?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL