FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

We have fallen behind. I wonder if we might see Parrott brought on.

An Watcher

weareros

macdanger2

Nice to get the draw and the performance was light years ahead of what we've seen in recent years. Our passing needs to be much quicker though

Capt Pat

Bulgaria are an ordinary side and we didn't deserve to lose.

weareros

Room for improvement but on the plus side retained  possession well, completed passes well. Still lack creativity to open a defense and had to rely on the sure and tested Duffy header from a corner. Looked flat in defense and a better team would have punished. But enough signs that Kenny will be a good manager and maybe even a lucky manager.

An Watcher

Early days, a few positives in connolly n Doherty. Not sure if Idah worked but still young and worth persevering with. Good to see them knock the ball about.

From the Bunker

Quote from: weareros on September 03, 2020, 09:36:08 PM
Duffy to the rescue again.

Loved how Duffy pushed Shane Long out of the way to make room to get proper contact!  ;D

macdanger2

Quote from: An Watcher on September 03, 2020, 09:52:12 PM
Early days, a few positives in connolly n Doherty. Not sure if Idah worked but still young and worth persevering with. Good to see them knock the ball about.

I thought Doherty wasn't great. Possibly better suited to a different system.

Connolly our best player imo but I thought Idah did okay for his first start. Hendrick poor enough

It's still pre season though so hard to expect too much

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Hound on September 03, 2020, 07:40:50 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 03, 2020, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 03, 2020, 07:09:45 PM
Adam Idah starts up front for Ireland against Bulgaria in the nations league tonight. Connolly starts as well.

Big call on the front three, esp when Obafemi is left sitting at home. Hopefully we'll make a good start to the Kenny era
Didn't someone else even get called up when a forward replacement was required? Sean Maguire I think. Oba's tweet was not a good idea.

I think the front 3 are ahead of him anyway, albeit very marginally and lots can change, and I haven't seen enough of them to say that with conviction.

Happy to see Doherty get a start. Coleman has been super but Doherty is surely ahead of him now.

The midfield trio are quality players, but they can all be shite on their day too. Hope they do the job.

Obafemi made a rookie mistake. A manager with a reputation for being soft on discipline he is trying to shake was going to crush the first messer. And he did.

Overall we were ok, but the one thing that shone through was the ball was kept and passed around. We learned that McCarthy and Hendrick cannot do that and I think they have blown their chance, McCarthy in particular. There are too many good young midfielders on the way through.

Needs to be crisper, but 2 training sessions in pre season need to be factored in.

Itchy

Decent display and thankfully they got the equaliser. I thought our back 3 were poor defensively, maybe unsure of their roles, considering Bulgaria had so little ball. The goal was terrible. We lack cut from the centre but we knew that. Connolly lively, Idah tried hard and he will develop into a fine player. O Dowda MOM, not for me - had a very poor 2nd half once his man realised he has only one trick (bit like Messi) and that was cutting in onto his left continuosly. Still ebough positives and I think after years of being told they are not good enough to do anything other than hoof the ball, it will take time for a new culture to take root.

lurganblue

Doherty in a 4 doesn't look as effective. I assume this is how Spurs will play too though so he will get a bit more practice at it.

imtommygunn

I would be wary about that too. I don't think he is anywhere near as good an out and out right back as a wing back. Wolves play what suits him. He won't get that at Spurs. Particularly with Mourinho.

weareros

Jaysus after watching Ros club games, this is really like watching paint dry.

laoislad

Quote from: weareros on September 06, 2020, 05:46:45 PM
Jaysus after watching Ros club games, this is really like watching paint dry.
Don't watch it then.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.