GJL

Quote from: BennyCake on September 07, 2019, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2019, 11:43:11 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 07, 2019, 10:12:03 AM
Quote from: Gold on September 07, 2019, 12:31:49 AM
Incredible

Drowned out a bit by the orchestra though

Quote from: Itchy on September 07, 2019, 12:14:39 AM
Sinead o Connor was incredible tonight. She may have her issues but her voice is so pure.

I think you were watching a different show than i was!  :o
Seriously? Her voice is still there.

Her voice was never there.

So Sinead O Connor can't sing and DeGea is a shite goal keeper.

Safe to say your judgement skills are a bit off.....

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 07, 2019, 02:54:38 PM
Ye could call her manys a thing but a bad singer/poor voice wouldnt be one...

Never thought she had any talent. As for that Pogues cover last night, feck me she butchered it that much my ears hurt.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on September 07, 2019, 05:29:47 PM

Never thought she had any talent. As for that Pogues cover last night, feck me she butchered it that much my ears hurt.

No ill will toward her. But I find her voice annoying.  I suppose art is a individual thing. Anyway there is a plethora of people who think otherwise.

She is a troubled creature who is probably looking too deep for a meaning to her existence.

She is her own worst enemy and her new religious rant is annoying.

laoislad

Have to agree, thought she butchered Rainy Night in Soho, she was far better singing Nothing Compares to be fair but I detest that song to be honest.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 07, 2019, 07:15:24 PM

No ill will toward her. But I find her voice annoying.  I suppose art is a individual thing. Anyway there is a plethora of people who think otherwise.

She is a troubled creature who is probably looking too deep for a meaning to her existence.

She is her own worst enemy and her new religious rant is annoying.

Yes, I thought so too.

I think she's given too much leeway in what she says as well. Running down the Catholic Church and those who follow it. Yes the Catholic Church has a lot of faults, but there are still thousands of followers in Ireland, who don't need to be hearing their faith being criticised and run down. But sure, it's Sinead, she's a legend don't ya know, she has her troubles, so we'll just let her have her say, no matter how offensive it is.

playwiththewind1st

From the Bunker

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 07, 2019, 09:32:03 PM
Is she still a bishop?

Did Sinead do a bit of Hare Kristna? There was a rastafarian stage?

In fairness she said a lot about the Catholic Church when it took guts to say those things!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

I enjoyed the versions of both songs by Sinead.
I don't know about Christian or Muslim, but bipolar rocks.

Itchy

Rainy night in Soho was originally sang bu shane McGowan ffs. Do you think sinead o connor could copy that? No so she has to do her own version of it, it's not supposed to sound like McGowan. Fair enough if someone doesn't like her voice but to say she "butchered " a song or can't sing is ridiculous.

t_mac

Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2019, 12:17:22 AM
Rainy night in Soho was originally sang bu shane McGowan ffs. Do you think sinead o connor could copy that? No so she has to do her own version of it, it's not supposed to sound like McGowan. Fair enough if someone doesn't like her voice but to say she "butchered " a song or can't sing is ridiculous.

But she did butcher it, Katie Price can sound good on a recording doesn't mean she can sing.

trailer

Crazy how people talk about mental health etc and then in the same breath get stuck into Sinead.

Joeythelips

She has had her issues, but there are very few people who sound better live than in the studio or where the music almost gets in the way of their amazing voice.

Tyrdub

Me and the missus are heading to Trip to Tipp in a few weeks, when I heard she was headlining one of the nights I thought that I'd be leaving early to miss her. However, after the LLS, I have to say I'm looking forward to hearing her live

fearbrags

Maybe we need to get her on some show with Roy Keane ?