Your county in 2022 - Hopes v Expectations

Started by ONeill, December 21, 2021, 09:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Tyrone

Hope - Successfully defend title. McShane and McKenna get a good run at it in the starting 15. Canavan too.

Expectation: Hijacked by Derry. Good run in qualifiers. Semi-final defeat. McGeary and Meyler burn out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Mayo

Hope - I hope we get to another Final.

Expectation - I expect us to get to another final.

FermGael

Fermanagh

Hope - Promotion from division 3 and then ambush the noisy neighbours in Brewster

Expectation - Would think promotion is a realistic expectation and then not to get a tanking by Tyrone in the Ulster championship
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

screenexile

Hope - Promotion to Div 1 and beat Tyrone

Expectation - I think we'll get promoted but beating Tyrone might be a bridge too far... as a great man once said "I would LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM!!!"

Substandard

Hopes: promotion from Division 2, Connacht title, to end up in an All-Ireland semi-final by accident or design would be fantastic.
Worst case scenario (always a possibility- more often than not,  an ounce of expectation converts to a ton of disappointment!!): Relegation, annihilation in Connacht.

Expectation: something in between.  Decent u20 team in the making again,  so to stay competitive at minor and 20s, and to hopefully see a few of last years 20s getting league experience would be good.

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on December 21, 2021, 10:59:34 PM
Hope - Promotion to Div 1 and beat Tyrone

Expectation - I think we'll get promoted but beating Tyrone might be a bridge too far... as a great man once said "I would LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM!!!"

Living. Rent. Free.   8)

seafoid

Galway

Fuballers : would be great if they could bate Mayo.
Realistically, what's another year?

Hurlers : Shefflin should put smacht on them . They need more young talent for a tilt at an all Ireland in 3/4 years.

Longer term hurlers (5)  to surpass fuballers (9) in terms of all Irelands.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Hill is Blue

Dublin football

Hope: to make it one-in-a-row

Expectation: team building will prevent us from making it through to the sharp end of the championship
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Armagh18

Armagh- Hope to finish top half Division 1 and either win Ulster or get to AISF or both. Tighten up defensively and see the young lads coming through click in attack.

Expect- Stay in Division 1, Ulster final or a close game against Donegal and good run in qualifiers.

Zooming around

LAOIS

HOPE - Build through the league, stabilise in McCarthy Cup and take a scalp along the way.

EXPECTATION - Survive in both the League and Championship with tense relegation play off victories with a real possibility of losing one or both of these playoffs.

Rossfan

Hope
Promotion, Connacht Title, reach AI semi final. Also at least 1 Connacht underage Title.
Expectation
With a load of new players being tried out staying in D2. Lose Connacht Final and 50/50 if we make Qtr Finals. Competitive in Connacht Minor and U20.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Donegal

Hope: Unearth a tight-marking back or two, win Ulster, make an AI semi for once

Expectation: Still loose at the back, losing Ulster finalists and AI quarter finalists at best (I'm a pessimist realist!)

League: hope/expect to survive in Div 1 again

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Derry Hope to win Christy Ring
Expectation- won't as we won't get our best hurlers out

tippmaninlaois

Tipperary

Hurling
Expectation To win Liam McCarthy as we expect to every year

Hope
That the dog eat dog nature of a round robin Munster Championship dents Limerick

Football
Get out of Division 4

Hope
That with the likes of Quinlivan not committing,we don't nose dive even further

RedHand88

Tyrone

Hope - obviously winning back to back titles for the first time would be nice.

Expectation - lose an all ireland semi final to an invigorated and hungry Dublin.