1 (0.6%)
Last 16
14 (8.3%)
Third in the group and Europa League
40 (23.8%)
Bottom of the group
62 (36.9%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 1523883 times)

From the Bunker

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #18330 on: May 29, 2021, 01:23:29 AM »
I'm raging as well but i'm not that upset that Howe isn't coming. My anger is that Celtic have indulged him for so long. There's a very good living to be made in england working in clubs that aren't expected to win anything and my reading of this is that this is were Howe will end up. There is no such comfort at celtic. You have to win the league. Nothing else matters. If Howe didn't jump at the chance 3 months ago then Celtic should have thanked him and moved on. Why they didn't is the bit that annoys me the most

Hilarious that Celtic fans are trying to spin this in that the Club are too big for him.

Its amateur hour hes asked for certain things to be put in place and hes been denied. Celtic will get another yes man and Stevie G will have another title!

Howe is a young man. Taking on a job like Celtic without the proper back-up team and investment in a squad could see his career ruined.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: May 29, 2021, 07:16:09 AM »
Dermot Desmond should get the cheque book out for once and appoint Rafa ffs. Throw the money at him that he wants.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: May 29, 2021, 09:03:40 AM »
Plus 1.

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: May 30, 2021, 12:21:19 PM »
Ange Postecoglou apparently now a shoe-in. Honestly had never heard of him. Willing to give him a chance.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: May 30, 2021, 12:30:16 PM »
Ange Postecoglou apparently now a shoe-in. Honestly had never heard of him. Willing to give him a chance.

Bonkers considering all the big name managers available at the minute! How can Sarri/Conte/Zidane/Rafa/Lampard even not be part of the conversation?!

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: May 30, 2021, 01:20:49 PM »
Thing is...it's not just about the manager, even if this guy is good operator, management is about a backroom team too - when the fraud left in the middle of the night he attempted to take 4 backroom men with him.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #18336 on: May 30, 2021, 01:49:07 PM »

Bonkers considering all the big name managers available at the minute! How can Sarri/Conte/Zidane/Rafa/Lampard even not be part of the conversation?!

Afraid to say those in bold are out of Celtics League!  :-\

Jonkunlon

• View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: May 30, 2021, 01:52:47 PM »

One managed Newcastle United.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #18338 on: May 30, 2021, 02:37:05 PM »
They're only out of your league if you've no ambition, not as tho DD couldn't afford all of them. I was hoping DD might have been embarrassed into action tbh.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: May 30, 2021, 07:19:33 PM »
What happened to Eddie? What about Rafa? More chance getting Eddie the Eagle or Rafa Nadal ffs. Best to looking for Oran Kearney or Stephen Kenny.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: May 30, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »
I'm raging as well but i'm not that upset that Howe isn't coming. My anger is that Celtic have indulged him for so long. There's a very good living to be made in england working in clubs that aren't expected to win anything and my reading of this is that this is were Howe will end up. There is no such comfort at celtic. You have to win the league. Nothing else matters. If Howe didn't jump at the chance 3 months ago then Celtic should have thanked him and moved on. Why they didn't is the bit that annoys me the most

Hilarious that Celtic fans are trying to spin this in that the Club are too big for him.

Its amateur hour hes asked for certain things to be put in place and hes been denied. Celtic will get another yes man and Stevie G will have another title!
Where did you come up with that crock of crap, it's obvious that Celtic said yes to Howe's demands but Howe's 'tech team'  eventually said no.
 An outcome which typifies Celtic's bord management in recent years.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #18341 on: May 31, 2021, 08:44:12 AM »
Reasons beyond Celtic and Howes control is what Celtic said in their statement

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: May 31, 2021, 09:07:42 AM »

One managed Newcastle United.

Doesnt really answer the point though.

Newcastle have signed some dud players by EPL standards but no Scottish side could even think of seriously bidding for those players. The gulf between EPL and SPL is gargantuan

Louther

• View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: May 31, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
Talk that this Aussie/Greek guy may not have the correct coaching qualifications to take the job. Another Dundalk FC effort this.

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: May 31, 2021, 10:11:38 AM »
Talk that this Aussie/Greek guy may not have the correct coaching qualifications to take the job. Another Dundalk FC effort this.

He has the equivalent qualifications. Basically has to do a tick box exercise to gain his UEFA pro licence.