Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HokeyPokey

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2022, 04:33:51 PM
There is a belter of a reply to Carla Lockhart from a guy Ogle who's the son of a guy who was murdered in 2019 by the UVF in east belfast. They really are nothing but hypocrites. He basically asked her why her party is standing with known UVF members when his father was murdered by them in 2019.

Absolutely. They do absolutely nothing for the people they claim to represent. They claim to want to protect the union, but are doing everything possible to destroy it. DUP only cares about their own interests. The many clear examples of corruption is very rarely addressed. Ian Óg and his holidays and I believe he is happy to help with planning etc. if you ask nicely.

CK_Redhand

Surely the word yous are looking for is "antagonists"?

imtommygunn

Quote from: HokeyPokey on September 01, 2022, 04:54:49 PM
There is a belter of a reply to Carla Lockhart from a guy Ogle who's the son of a guy who was murdered in 2019 by the UVF in east belfast. They really are nothing but hypocrites. He basically asked her why her party is standing with known UVF members when his father was murdered by them in 2019.

Absolutely. They do absolutely nothing for the people they claim to represent. They claim to want to protect the union, but are doing everything possible to destroy it. DUP only cares about their own interests. The many clear examples of corruption is very rarely addressed. Ian Óg and his holidays and I believe he is happy to help with planning etc. if you ask nicely.

As I keep saying - the party that has done most to further the cause of a united ireland is the dup and they keep doing it.

They are in the main bad people who have no problem raking in money at the expense of others and fraternising with paramilitaries and then chastising others for what they do themselves.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2022, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: HokeyPokey on September 01, 2022, 04:54:49 PM

As I keep saying - the party that has done most to further the cause of a united ireland is the dup and they keep doing it.

They are in the main bad people who have no problem raking in money at the expense of others and fraternising with paramilitaries and then chastising others for what they do themselves.
Plus whoring for a Hard Brexit and neglecting the economy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Saffrongael

Typical Brolly, in what is more than likely yet another made up story "a friend" from Roscommon told him the ref was a bit of a p***k but didn't deserve that

Think we know who the p***k is
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

J70

Maybe, but he is absolutely correct about the attitudes towards refs in GAA culture.

His statement about the ref giving the other team soft frees and your own team nothing? You see it played out on these pages every summer, especially among the supporters from well-represented Ulster teams. Ref is always a w**ker who is biased against them.

armaghniac

It would be great to compile a series of clips with 10 secs to decide if something is a foul or not. All teams from U14 up should be made test themselves on these, I suspect that some of the loudest mouths would not do so well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 04, 2022, 12:42:22 PM
Typical Brolly, in what is more than likely yet another made up story "a friend" from Roscommon told him the ref was a bit of a p***k but didn't deserve that

Think we know who the p***k is

Yes typical Joe Brolly. Back in December he had this to say in the indo

The bad old days of referee abuse in the GAA are long gone and good behaviour is the norm. Thankfully, abuse of referees is not as common as it used to be in GAA.

I guess he had no invisible friend to chat too back then?

Puckoon

Did Anyone listen to the RedLines with Mark Caruthers?

Joe is a well rounded individual. To be taken seriously.

Except for his hatred of Tyrone  :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g3zthw

trailer

Quote from: Puckoon on August 09, 2023, 05:12:21 AM
Did Anyone listen to the RedLines with Mark Caruthers?

Joe is a well rounded individual. To be taken seriously.

Except for his hatred of Tyrone  :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g3zthw

A buffoon. I haven't listened to the red lines podcast just yet but friends raved about his Free State podcast. So I gave it a go. f**k me, it's a one man diatribe. Dion Fanning who hosts it can't get a word in edgeways. Joe just rants on about whatever point he wants to make and he's the most important voice. The RTE stuff was utterly bizarre. 2 hours of Joe settling scores. It had serious Father Ted Golden Cleric speech vibes. He's not to be taken seriously.

lurganblue

It's the perfect forum for Joe.  He can ramble on and wont really be challenged or put off the show.  That being said, I still find it entertaining in the main.

Snapchap

He's just a total narcissist. Listened to his podcast last week about self-help books. It's a topic he's spoken about many times on different platforms and every time, he ends up just using it as an excuse to make some really quite nasty and vitriolic attacks on Enda McNulty purely because Enda apparently wrote a few such self-help books. He told some story on last weeks episode about how he and Enda were once both speaking at a school prizegiving in Newry and the general gist of the whole story was: 'When Enda's speech was over, I was introduced as the main speaker and I got up and belittled Enda and oh the place exploded and everyone thought I was hilarious'. I've listened to most of his podcasts (since most are about post conflict society in the north and he's generally provides a good analysis of where it's at and eloquently makes a mockery of the free-stater 'I know better' bulls**t analysis provided by Dion Fanning) but f**k me he really doesn't miss an opportunity to remind everyone that he went to Trinity and that he does lots for charity. I've lost count of the number of times of late that I've heard/read him mention how he recently had a high level meeting with senior Goldmann Sachs executives in New York ::)

restorepride

Quote from: Snapchap on August 09, 2023, 01:11:39 PM
He's just a total narcissist. Listened to his podcast last week about self-help books. It's a topic he's spoken about many times on different platforms and every time, he ends up just using it as an excuse to make some really quite nasty and vitriolic attacks on Enda McNulty purely because Enda apparently wrote a few such self-help books. He told some story on last weeks episode about how he and Enda were once both speaking at a school prizegiving in Newry and the general gist of the whole story was: 'When Enda's speech was over, I was introduced as the man speaker and I got up and belittled Enda and oh the place exploded and everyone thought I was hilarious'. I've listened to most of his podcasts (since most are about post conflict society in the north and he's generally provides a good analysis of where it's at and eloquently makes a mockery of the free-stater 'I know better' bulls**t analysis provided by Dion Fanning) but f**k me he really doesn't miss an opportunity to remind everyone that he went to Trinity and that he does lots for charity. I've lost count of the number of times of late that I've heard/read him mention how he recently had a high level meeting with senior Goldmann Sachs executives in New York ::)
Total narcissist is correct. Always question the motive and the accuracy of his selective narrative. On Red Lines he talks about his uncle Eunan - who was on the first St Pat's Maghera team to reach a MacRory final - yet Joe has him as a "St. Columb's Scholar". Then we have the recent personal and insulting comments on some of the current Derry team. On our best forward Shane McGuigan — "he can't run" according to Joe. The kidney donation explanation? Is he taking advice from anyone? He has left himself open to a lot of questioning in that regard, if true? And yet with his natural charm he just about seems to get paway with it - in the media. He could run out of road.

trailer

Quote from: restorepride on August 09, 2023, 01:41:06 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 09, 2023, 01:11:39 PM
He's just a total narcissist. Listened to his podcast last week about self-help books. It's a topic he's spoken about many times on different platforms and every time, he ends up just using it as an excuse to make some really quite nasty and vitriolic attacks on Enda McNulty purely because Enda apparently wrote a few such self-help books. He told some story on last weeks episode about how he and Enda were once both speaking at a school prizegiving in Newry and the general gist of the whole story was: 'When Enda's speech was over, I was introduced as the man speaker and I got up and belittled Enda and oh the place exploded and everyone thought I was hilarious'. I've listened to most of his podcasts (since most are about post conflict society in the north and he's generally provides a good analysis of where it's at and eloquently makes a mockery of the free-stater 'I know better' bulls**t analysis provided by Dion Fanning) but f**k me he really doesn't miss an opportunity to remind everyone that he went to Trinity and that he does lots for charity. I've lost count of the number of times of late that I've heard/read him mention how he recently had a high level meeting with senior Goldmann Sachs executives in New York ::)
Total narcissist is correct. Always question the motive and the accuracy of his selective narrative. On Red Lines he talks about his uncle Eunan - who was on the first St Pat's Maghera team to reach a MacRory final - yet Joe has him as a "St. Columb's Scholar". Then we have the recent personal and insulting comments on some of the current Derry team. On our best forward Shane McGuigan — "he can't run" according to Joe. The kidney donation explanation? Is he taking advice from anyone? He has left himself open to a lot of questioning in that regard, if true? And yet with his natural charm he just about seems to get paway with it - in the media. He could run out of road.

He has run completely out of road, hence he's ended up doing a podcast cause nobody would give him a platform.

imtommygunn

I still can't understand the stuff with RTE. How does he think that his personal attacks on Sean Cavanagh, Grimley or David Gough are acceptable? How does such an intelligent guy still not get this?