Drones

Started by Hereiam, January 11, 2016, 10:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

What is the story with these things and the law, they are only going to get more popular and affordable in the next year or two and the fact they carry go pro's etc for filming should they not be banned or operated under a licence.

seafoid

Quote from: Hereiam on January 11, 2016, 10:50:58 AM
What is the story with these things and the law, they are only going to get more popular and affordable in the next year or two and the fact they carry go pro's etc for filming should they not be banned or operated under a licence.
They could come in handy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Hereiam on January 11, 2016, 10:50:58 AM

Why would they need to be licenced?

general_lee

I'd have thought they pose a significant security threat and their usage be monitored?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: general_lee on January 11, 2016, 01:08:37 PM
I'd have thought they pose a significant security threat and their usage be monitored?
And risks to aircraft.

Rois

A drone crashed on a ski slope during a race and narrowly missed one of the world's top skiers, Marcel Hirscher.

AZOffaly

Hereiam

I do think the governments have missed out on acting quickly enough on these. Do farmers want people coming out flyin these yokes over their land and scaring livestock. I can see them becoming a big problem

Franko

I think they are brilliant and when used for genuine enjoyment or business (they are awesome for site surveys etc) they are extremely useful.  Unfortunately, if you've another motive for using them they are too handy for spying and generally being a nuisance.  For instance, there's nothing to stop some nutter flying one above the pitch during big sporting occasions, and sooner or later it's going to cause hassle.  It's only a matter of time before they will need to be licensed.

imtommygunn

Franko

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 11, 2016, 05:18:01 PM
It happened during an albania game already franko.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/albania-serbia-match-abandoned-drone

Feck, didn't know that.  Idiots like this will ruin the fun for all of us.  I've often wondered if there's anything stopping someone taking one to an airport and flying it dangerously close to the flight paths of the incoming planes (in a bid to get a great photo or something).  Licensing is coming.

StGallsGAA

It won't be long until they are used for smuggling as opposed to preventing it! 

DickyRock

They already are used at the Mexican border.

Farmers will be using them for crop survey to help with targeted spraying etc

WT4E

I can envisage club managers using them to track players (on the pitch) in the near future

YES club managers

men in black

Quote from: WT4E on January 12, 2016, 01:40:56 PM
I can envisage club managers using them to track players (on the pitch) in the near future

YES club managers

Hell of a lot safer than having to get up a tree to spy on the opposition. ;) ;)