Belfast Zoo

Started by Hereiam, July 01, 2014, 04:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Its has been years since I was at it (20+)
I have 3 young boys and I am trying to plan a day away. Is it any good and is it expensive. Any good places to eat near by.

glens abu

Quote from: Hereiam on July 01, 2014, 04:08:03 PM
I have 3 young boys and I am trying to plan a day away. Is it any good and is it expensive. Any good places to eat near by.

Yes very good now but not sure of cost.Bellvue Arms,Pizza Hut nearby and nice cafe Nouvelle cuisine about mile down the road

Milltown Row2

Be prepared to walk a lot of hills!! Bring plenty of water, hat sunscreen.......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bogball88

Was in it the other week, £12 for an adult  :o
Was OK, bit steep but didn't really mind, don't go on a bank holiday as it will be jammed with screaming children (my ultimate fear), try and pick a quiet day, although that will be hard now that the summer holidays have begun  :'(

take_yer_points

Quote from: glens abu on July 01, 2014, 04:14:08 PM

Yes very good now but not sure of cost.Bellvue Arms,Pizza Hut nearby and nice cafe Nouvelle cuisine about mile down the road

The Chester and the Landsdowne Hotel also close by for food.

You could take in Belfast castle and Cavehill country park while you're there - though there's more of those hills MR2 mentioned

nrico2006

Dublin Zoo is a different class if it isn't too far out of the way, been to both a few times the past few years and a lot more enjoyable in Dublin.  Accessibility to toilets, food and enclosure visibility is far better too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bensars

Hills and fecking hills.

Dublin zoo much better.    Tayto park better again

J OGorman

I called in with my youngest a couple of months ago. Was £8 odd for me and jr, being under 5 was free. (prob dearer alright in the peak season)We were in pretty early, 10ish and nearly had the run of the place to ourselves. Wee bite to eat in the cafe. Is hilly alright but good craic running down the hills :-)

Hereiam

Yea I have heard Dublin zoo is good. Never thought of Tayto park, will look at that.

Rois

The Cavehill Adventure Playground is on the Antrim Rd as well, closer into Belfast than the zoo, my nephews used to enjoy that.

Maguire01

North Belfast is terrible for decent places to eat - best to head for city centre.

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 01, 2014, 05:16:01 PM
North Belfast is terrible for decent places to eat - best to head for city centre.

Yeah it is poor alright,Fortwilliam Golf club and Nouvelle cuisine very good but other than that not a lot.

Zip Code

Quote from: Bensars on July 01, 2014, 04:29:41 PM

Hills and fecking hills.

Yip if your kids are 4 or 5 + Tayto park is brilliant.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Zip Code on July 01, 2014, 05:22:46 PM
Quote from: Bensars on July 01, 2014, 04:29:41 PM

Hills and fecking hills.

Yip if your kids are 4 or 5 + Tayto park is brilliant.
Have heard loads of ones complaining in work that it is a rip off (imagine that in the south  ;) due to them going expecting everything included in the ticket price only to be hit with further charges for rides etc.

ONeill

If your childer are very young, they'll find the hilliness tough in the heat. But the experience beyond that is good - there'll always be some beast to look at no matter where you are. There's a McDonalds up the road.

Tayto Park - I thought it was shite, but maybe picked a bad time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.