The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Four officers invoved in the Freddie gray case have all been acquired no convictions on any of the charges , so a city was looted and burned by rioters as the mayor told officers to stand down the district attorney guaranteed convictions and judge involved is an African American , so who takes the fall here the mayor? The da?  I doubt it , this is why sometimes u have to wait to see everything before we make judgements

muppet

Quote from: Gmac on July 18, 2016, 09:38:02 PM
Four officers invoved in the Freddie gray case have all been acquired no convictions on any of the charges , so a city was looted and burned by rioters as the mayor told officers to stand down the district attorney guaranteed convictions and judge involved is an African American , so who takes the fall here the mayor? The da?  I doubt it , this is why sometimes u have to wait to see everything before we make judgements

'The Da?'

I take it this is a joke.

FoxNews, that most balanced of institutions, is blaming the Prosecutor for 'overcharging' the Police Officers.

That despite the Coroner ruling that it was a homicide. And a Grand Jury ruling that they should stand trial. Oh and 3 of the 5 face retrials, so this isn't over by any means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Freddie_Gray
MWWSI 2017

Gmac

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2016, 09:59:47 PM

'The Da?'

FoxNews, that most balanced of institutions, is blaming the Prosecutor for 'overcharging' the Police Officers.

That despite the Coroner ruling that it was a homicide. And a Grand Jury ruling that they should stand trial. Oh and 3 of the 5 face retrials, so this isn't over by any means.

of course the da is al fool she gave the mob what they wanted and ended up with nothing .
What did the coroner say was the murder weapon the side of the van?

muppet

Quote from: Gmac on July 18, 2016, 10:27:20 PM

'The Da?'

of course the da is al fool she gave the mob what they wanted and ended up with nothing .

Oh I see, 'the Da' is the District Attorney. Hence 'she'. And again, 3 of the officers are up for retrial. You say 'ended up with nothing' and yet lecture everyone with 'this is why sometimes u have to wait to see everything before we make judgements'.

And the second question, is another little joke I take it. Of course it just isn't possible that a van could be used to kill anyone is it? How could that possibly happen?

MWWSI 2017

Gmac

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2016, 10:57:26 PM

'The Da?'

Oh I see, 'the Da' is the District Attorney. Hence 'she'. And again, 3 of the officers are up for retrial. You say 'ended up with nothing' and yet lecture everyone with 'this is why sometimes u have to wait to see everything before we make judgements'.

And the second question, is another little joke I take it. Of course it just isn't possible that a van could be used to kill anyone is it? How could that possibly happen?
if they get convicted I won't have any problem with that I wont go out and start a riot .

J70

So Freddie Gray was not in fact fatally and brutally injured in that police van?

Or the DA just couldn't prove guilt on the part of the individual cops beyond a reasonable doubt?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on July 19, 2016, 02:52:54 AM

So Freddie Gray was not in fact fatally and brutally injured in that police van?

Or the DA just couldn't prove guilt on the part of the individual cops beyond a reasonable doubt?
i don't know he liooked like he was paralyzed before he was put in van to me

whitey

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2016, 10:57:26 PM

'The Da?'

Once a case has been tried, its very, very hard to get a conviction on a retrial.  That's why the DA should always go for the charges they think can stick as opposed to the ones public opinion demand. 

Pretty much the same thing happened with Trayvon Martin if I recall correctly....if the DA had gone for lesser charges Zimmerman would almost certainly have been convicted (and the lesser charges held an almost identical penalty to what he was eventually charged with)

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 19, 2016, 03:19:14 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 19, 2016, 02:52:54 AM

i don't know he liooked like he was paralyzed before he was put in van to me

Assuming, for the sake of argument, that what you say is true, I'm trying to figure out how that makes it better for the police - that he suffered the injuries during the arrest, and not when thrown loose into the back of the van?

seafoid

The police are losing their authority. The vet PTSD issue is out of control. The US is a serious clusterfuck. 35 years of listening to the Kochs will do that.

The Iceman

whats the thoughts on Michael Brown's mother speaking on prime time at the DNC? Surely a bit contentious given the tensions in the country right now between BLM and the police? More hatred being stirred up?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

I think some of those attacking people might do some research first.

The charges included, for example, 'reckless endangerment' and 'misconduct'. The media often references the highest charge only. Especially Fox News. It help with the auld outrage.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on July 19, 2016, 08:26:43 PM
whats the thoughts on Michael Brown's mother speaking on prime time at the DNC? Surely a bit contentious given the tensions in the country right now between BLM and the police? More hatred being stirred up?

Yes, blacks should shut up until there is a more convenient time.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on July 19, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

that wasn't my point Muppet.... come on now. It's the Democratic convention. Brown's shooting cased national riots - I think it's tasteless political maneuvering and a dangerous move given the state f things currently..
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on July 19, 2016, 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 19, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

that wasn't my point Muppet.... come on now. It's the Democratic convention. Brown's shooting cased national riots - I think it's tasteless political maneuvering and a dangerous move given the state f things currently..

You think everyone should pretend it is not happening?

Maybe move the few bad cops to a new Precinct?

This never, ever works. It increases the frustration and the feeling of injustice, further and further, until it goes boom. And then you will blame Deomcrats for not saying anything.
MWWSI 2017