Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2015, 11:36:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2015, 11:14:03 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sTxAHODo5Ds

Very reasonable people thsoe Missouri protesters-LOL

Wow!

I have never seen such carnage.

Unbelievable that this is even mentioned in the same breath as minor events like mass shooting in schools.

Little thing called the First Amendment.
http://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/university_of_missouri_protests_first_amendment.php

easytiger95

To be fair, I don't know what kind of source the CJR is, but it seems self evident that this photo journalist had every right to try and document what was a public demonstration. Whilst I would have a "liberal" bent myself, this is People's Front of Judea type stuff.

Don't get me wrong - I fundamentally believe that "PC" (which, at its heart, is a plea for good manners and tolerance towards others) has done immensely more harm than good, but the self righteousness and lack of awareness on display by the protestors (again if the source and video are borne out) is very disappointing.

Still don't know what Obama has to do with it.

J70

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2015, 11:29:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2015, 10:34:21 PM
Quote from: stew on November 10, 2015, 10:18:03 PM
Uppity blacks? You said that I did not.

The problem here is that the students are now determining who has a job and who does not, they have castigated this guy and called him a racist? Where is the proof?

Again their claims should have been investigated but you cannot allow students to be deciding who has a job and who does not.

By the way, people of all races were involved.

Finally, Limbaugh hosts the biggest radio show in the country so yeah, Limbaugh, you might not like him but he is a powerful republican voice.

So what is the connection with Obama then?

Fcuk sake, really? Here we go, weak on foreign policy, a liar on Benghazi, he gave up 5 or 6 top Al Queda for one American defector! He tells the enemy he is sending 50 of his top men in to a war zone, announces it on tv the stoopid fooker!The trillions he has heaped on the national debt, more then everyone else before him, forcing Obamacare on some who cannot afford it but have o have it, the way Obamacare was rolled out, the way he has done fack all about the Israeli's, the fact that the number of homeless people has gone up in his tenure.

That should keep you going for a while!

And I don't care how "powerful " Limbaugh  is. A credible, reasonable, intelligent  commentator he is not. An expert in demagoguery, rabble rousing and anti-intellectualism, absolutely .

He has credibility you numpty, the numbers do not lie ffs.

Rabble rousing is not solely the dominion of the right, the left are doing a great job of rabble rousing at the minute themselves don't you think?

Sure if numbers is the determinant, then creationism must be credible too.

And I never said only the right rabble rouse. I said Limbaugh is a rabble  rouser.

But if you have issues with leftists rabble rousing, then bring them up.

As for your Obama rant (but... but... Benghazi!!!), once again, what is the connection to this Missouri  story?

whitey

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 11, 2015, 02:11:35 AM
To be fair, I don't know what kind of source the CJR is, but it seems self evident that this photo journalist had every right to try and document what was a public demonstration. Whilst I would have a "liberal" bent myself, this is People's Front of Judea type stuff.

Don't get me wrong - I fundamentally believe that "PC" (which, at its heart, is a plea for good manners and tolerance towards others) has done immensely more harm than good, but the self righteousness and lack of awareness on display by the protestors (again if the source and video are borne out) is very disappointing.

Still don't know what Obama has to do with it.

Columbia Journalism Review would be a non partisan source IMHO....quite well regarded by most

("The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism is one of the professional graduate schools of Columbia University. Located in the Morningside Heights neighborhood of New York City, it is the only journalism school in the Ivy League and one of the oldest in the United States and the world. The school was founded by Joseph Pulitzer in 1912, and offers Master of Science and Master of Arts degrees in journalism as well as a Ph.D. in communications.

In addition to graduate degree programs, the Journalism School houses the Pulitzer Prizes and administers several prizes, including the Alfred I. duPont–Columbia University Award. It also co-sponsors the National Magazine Awards and publishes the Columbia Journalism Review, essentially a trade publication for journalists")

I dont think any sane or fair person would condone oppression or repression of any description, but if these protesters continue along THIS path they will do their cause more way harm than good.

Theres a big beef going on up at Yale right now too, and while Im sure some of the initial grievances are legit its now bordering on insane.

Someone else brought Obama into it...not me

omochain

Stew.... I have been silent for about 5 years ... hoping that you would decide that Limbaugh is not a nice person,... of your own volition!!!!! But alas my hopes are as always are off the mark.  :o
BTW hope your health is good

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2015, 02:19:59 AM

The problem here is that the students are now determining who has a job and who does not, they have castigated this guy and called him a racist? Where is the proof?

Again their claims should have been investigated but you cannot allow students to be deciding who has a job and who does not.

Finally, Limbaugh hosts the biggest radio show in the country so yeah, Limbaugh, you might not like him but he is a powerful republican voice.

Fcuk sake, really? Here we go, weak on foreign policy, a liar on Benghazi, he gave up 5 or 6 top Al Queda for one American defector! He tells the enemy he is sending 50 of his top men in to a war zone, announces it on tv the stoopid fooker!The trillions he has heaped on the national debt, more then everyone else before him, forcing Obamacare on some who cannot afford it but have o have it, the way Obamacare was rolled out, the way he has done fack all about the Israeli's, the fact that the number of homeless people has gone up in his tenure.

And I don't care how "powerful " Limbaugh  is. A credible, reasonable, intelligent  commentator he is not. An expert in demagoguery, rabble rousing and anti-intellectualism, absolutely .

Rabble rousing is not solely the dominion of the right, the left are doing a great job of rabble rousing at the minute themselves don't you think?

And I never said only the right rabble rouse. I said Limbaugh is a rabble  rouser.

As for your Obama rant (but... but... Benghazi!!!), once again, what is the connection to this Missouri  story?

See this is were you liberals get caught with your knickers down around your ankles, I never said but ...but .... benghazi, I was asked what my problem with Obama was and wrote a lot more than benghazi.

I do find it interesting however that apart from lying about what I wrote you went straight to Benghazi,.

Don't make yourself out to be a liar, you have lost when you lie about what is written.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2015, 12:19:19 AM

Wow!

Unbelievable that this is even mentioned in the same breath as minor events like mass shooting in schools.

http://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/university_of_missouri_protests_first_amendment.php

I am no fan of limbaugh, he is brash and arrogant these days but only a fool thinks he has no credibility, he is a very powerful voice with an audience in the tens of millions.

Lady gaga is not either running for the presidency not does she have a massive Polk so forum from which she espouses her political bent, you need to do better.

stew

Quote from: omochain on November 11, 2015, 05:48:38 AM
Stew.... I have been silent for about 5 years ... hoping that you would decide that Limbaugh is not a nice person,... of your own volition!!!!! But alas my hopes are as always are off the mark.  :o
BTW hope your health is good

Limbaugh is not a good guy but he is a very powerful one and I do agree with him,on the issue of these students determining faculty is madness frankly.

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2015, 09:15:15 PM
So a white College official is branded a racist by black students, some of whom are on the football team, they decide to hold the University hostage and refuse to play despite offering no proof that the man is a racist, in fairness they claim he is not doing enough to rid racism from the campus.

One kid goes on hunger strike to get him ousted and he invariably quits, caving to the pressure.

The lunatic left is running the asylum, now the Chancellor has resigned the day as well.

Limbaugh is claiming that the guy was fired for being white, as for me, I do not know if he was a racist but students making decisions on faculty could only happen under this President, it is madness!

I would have thought an investigation appropriate, and any student on a scholarship under me that told me they were refusing to play would have had their scholarship pulled as soon as they missed a practice!

These are dangerous times here in the States, this country is getting more and more effed up by the day under Obama.

Did you not write this Stew?

You brought up the story. You pointed to it as evidence of 'dangerous times'. And in the same sentence you blamed Obama.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: stew on November 11, 2015, 09:53:48 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2015, 02:19:59 AM

See this is were you liberals get caught with your knickers down around your ankles, I never said but ...but .... benghazi, I was asked what my problem with Obama was and wrote a lot more than benghazi.

I do find it interesting however that apart from lying about what I wrote you went straight to Benghazi,.

Don't make yourself out to be a liar, you have lost when you lie about what is written.

Spare me the sanctimony. I can hardly be misrepresenting what you said when I quoted it FFS.

The point about the "but...but...Benghazi" bit is that right wingers haven't shut up about for the past three years, even as investigation after investigation has found nothing criminal or illegal. And here we are talking about a bunch of college footballers in Missouri precipitating the resignation of their university president, and you somehow (in a way you've yet to explain) connect it to Obama and Benghazi. So what the f**k has Obama or any of the other shite you posted got to do with the story?

And on the rest of the stuff... we tried to discuss this with you, ad nauseum, a few weeks back. I asked you repeatedly what Obama should have done with the deficit and the rest in the circumstances in which he was elected, and you came up with nothing.

If you want to revisit the discussion, fine. Things like homelessness are going to rise during a historical financial collapse you know. The country was in economic freefall, losing 800,000 jobs a month when Obama was sworn in.

J70

Quote from: stew on November 11, 2015, 09:57:36 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2015, 12:19:19 AM

Wow!

I am no fan of limbaugh, he is brash and arrogant these days but only a fool thinks he has no credibility, he is a very powerful voice with an audience in the tens of millions.

Lady gaga is not either running for the presidency not does she have a massive Polk so forum from which she espouses her political bent, you need to do better.

Ok, maybe he has "credibility" with a certain segment of the population. He tells them what they want to hear. Government and minorities and gays and environmentalists are to blame for all their problems. Hitler had credibility with a lot of Germans in the 1930s. Doesn't make what they say true though.

J70

Stew can explain for himself here, but the only connection I can see to Obama is this meme that is so prevalent on the right that race relations have somehow deteriorated under Obama, which explains Black Lives Matter. The right, at least the Fox News/talk radio right, does not recognize or accept that blacks still suffer discrimination, and thus see any protests against police brutality or, lately, incidents such as the Missouri university one, as blacks trying to claim false victimhood. The ironic thing is that these are the same people who are now gearing up the annual "War on Christmas" bullshit (see the Starbucks cup "scandal" this week) and are forever lamenting the perceived sorry lot of the white christian in the US (See Huckabee, Cruz et al. in the Republican primaries). That all of this black protest has happened under Obama is not a coincidence to them, with his utterly innocuous statement about Trayvon Martin used as evidence that he is trying to incite racism. The idiots cannot see that the reaction against police brutality has occurred because, in the aftermath of Martin's homicide, the reality that black men do in fact suffer as a result of societal preconceptions and prejudices has been repeatedly thrust into the spotlight due to Youtube and the fact that everything is now captured on mobile phones. This was coming to a head regardless of whether Obama was president or not. Black people have decided they are going to highlight this shit when it happens and not go silently any more. And I say fair play! The only actual real connection I can see to Obama is that society has reached a point where a black president can be elected and perhaps the Black Lives Matter thing has benefited from the same societal evolution.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2015, 12:36:49 PM
Stew can explain for himself here, but the only connection I can see to Obama is this meme that is so prevalent on the right that race relations have somehow deteriorated under Obama, which explains Black Lives Matter. The right, at least the Fox News/talk radio right, does not recognize or accept that blacks still suffer discrimination, and thus see any protests against police brutality or, lately, incidents such as the Missouri university one, as blacks trying to claim false victimhood. The ironic thing is that these are the same people who are now gearing up the annual "War on Christmas" bullshit (see the Starbucks cup "scandal" this week) and are forever lamenting the perceived sorry lot of the white christian in the US (See Huckabee, Cruz et al. in the Republican primaries). That all of this black protest has happened under Obama is not a coincidence to them, with his utterly innocuous statement about Trayvon Martin used as evidence that he is trying to incite racism. The idiots cannot see that the reaction against police brutality has occurred because, in the aftermath of Martin's homicide, the reality that black men do in fact suffer as a result of societal preconceptions and prejudices has been repeatedly thrust into the spotlight due to Youtube and the fact that everything is now captured on mobile phones. This was coming to a head regardless of whether Obama was president or not. Black people have decided they are going to highlight this shit when it happens and not go silently any more. And I say fair play! The only actual real connection I can see to Obama is that society has reached a point where a black president can be elected and perhaps the Black Lives Matter thing has benefited from the same societal evolution.

lol...if kicking up a stink about an email regarding Halloween costumes or a frat boy only allowing white girls into a keg party isn't false victimhood I don't know what is (Yale)

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2015, 12:36:49 PM

Michael brown, freddie gray (#drugdealerslivesmatter) and eric garner would all be alive if they had obeyed the law.
Puts that campaign into perspective of what it really is, an excuse to do whatever you want and pull out the race card to gain traction.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

deiseach

Quote from: foxcommander on November 11, 2015, 02:44:29 PM
Michael brown, freddie gray (#drugdealerslivesmatter) and eric garner would all be alive if they had obeyed the law.
Puts that campaign into perspective of what it really is, an excuse to do whatever you want and pull out the race card to gain traction.

Well said, Lord Widgery.