Feuds between Posters

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 16, 2021, 03:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAABoardMod5

To start off, here is the Rule from the top of the page:

'Feuds'.

On occasion, two or more posters become fixated with annoying each other, without necessarily descending into personal abuse per se.

However this behaviour is very disruptive to whatever thread it breaks out it, and causes threads to be taken over by tit for tat insults.

In a case such as this, a moderator may post a public and private warning for both posters to completely ignore the other, refraining from referring to, directing comments at, or answering the other poster.

Disregarding this warning will result in a ban.

Penalties - 1st offence after warning - 2 Days, 2nd Offence - 10 Days, Subsequent Offences - Recurring 15 Day bans.

Next, I must take responsibility for not stepping into the now-locked thread much earlier (by a matter of days, not hours).  If matters were under a bit more moderation, feelings might not have run as high (maybe, but who knows?).

Posters need to be aware that engaging with fellow posters using some terms that are belittling is usually the start of something bigger, this is how feuds begin.

I'd prefer not to use examples, but they are there for all to see.  By the way, there is a big difference between commenting that "your post shows your ignorance of matters" and "your post shows you to be an ignoramus". 

It is also interesting to note very few posts reported - although I was amused to see one poster report a post of his own!

The locked topic did indeed provide some education to the younger members, hopefully, but it spiralled quickly...it should have been locked much earlier.

For now, I feel bans are not called for as I failed to step in early enough.

But be aware that any resurrecting of old feuds (the most recent being between Angelo and Sid Waddell) will result in a ban as stated above..."both posters to completely ignore the other, refraining from referring to, directing comments at, or answering the other poster.".

Any new feud will be added to this thread.

Help me out here by keeping things on topic - especially on those topics that are close to the heart. 

Thanks.