Should Leo stand down until investigation complete?

Started by macker15, March 15, 2021, 07:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should  Leo Stand down

Yay
30 (75%)
Nay
10 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 40

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:44:50 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 16, 2021, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:26:14 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:24:13 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2021, 03:08:52 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2021, 02:45:52 PM
Trailer - try and forget about Sinn Fein for a minute

do YOU think that the Tanaiste should be allowed work in his role when he is under Garda investigation for leaking confidential information to his friend?

Michelle O'Neill didn't stand aside when under investigation and in fact refused to, so why should Leo?

Cos he likes to paint himself as superior to SF? Cos MO'N wasn't the incoming Taoiseach? Cos she wasn't being investigated for corruption?
Varadkar is superior to SF

In terms of morals, ability, action, trustworthiness, accountability

That's not hard to be fair - so is my local drug dealer

Telling statement that one.

It explains a lot
In what way?

The use of the word "my"   ;)
Do expand, you're being very cryptic, you seem a bit scared of clarity about exactly what you mean

"my local drug dealer" would suggest he (or she, don't want to be too sexist) is your drug dealer.

my (from a dictionary)

determiner;   of or belonging to me (= the speaker or writer):

Freudian slip  ;D
So are you saying I'm a user of illegal drugs?

I can tell you where my local rugby club is but I'm not a member, nor do I attend matches

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:49:58 PM
Quote from: straightred on March 16, 2021, 03:29:29 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 02:54:46 PM

do YOU think that the Tanaiste should be allowed work in his role when he is under Garda investigation for leaking confidential information to his friend?
Why should anybody forget about Sinn Fein now when any time the PIRA are brought up you bring up the old IRA?

Shinners created these rules

Don't complain about the rules - you created them

SF and SF supporters like you have zero moral authority to complain about the misdeeds of any other politicians because SF for years has been about corruption and murder

Whatever has gone on in FF and FG for decades, SF are far, far worse

Because this issue has nothing to do with SF and despite some us of trying to redirect you and others to the 520 page SF bashing thread you and your buddies just keep coming back.

SF aren't speaking for me when they are calling for his resignation. I'm speaking for myself any only for myself when I say that he should step aside. I'm not asking for him to give up his seat or anything like that but rather I'm simply saying that while he is under criminal investigation for leaking a document (which he admits leaking) then it is completely inappropriate for him to hold the office of Tainiste or any other Ministerial job.

The thread title is "Should  Leo stand down until investigation complete?"
In a word... Yes
It's a fair enough opinion to believe Varadkar should stand aside, taken alone on the merits of the case

The point is, it's would be a totally ludicrous opinion for any SF supporter to believe Varadkar should stand aside after denying that O'Neill and Adams should stand aside when they were under criminal investigation

And that's the view SF supporters here seem to hold

So that total hypocrisy naturally becomes a focus of discussion

SF supporters continually defend SF by invoking things which are nothing to do with SF

They are the masters of illegitimate and trolling whataboutery

But bringing up Adams and O'Neill's refusal to stand aside when under criminal investigation is perfectly legitimate - it is to demonstrate that SF have no moral standards

The thing is that the more SF whine about this, the more they are actually driving public sympathy for Varadkar from a place where he might not have had it

SF's interventions very much help Varadkar in the court of public opinion

Nothing more was needed after the first sentence

dublin7

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 16, 2021, 04:04:46 PM

Why should anybody forget about Sinn Fein now when any time the PIRA are brought up you bring up the old IRA?

SF and SF supporters like you have zero moral authority to complain about the misdeeds of any other politicians because SF for years has been about corruption and murder

Because this issue has nothing to do with SF and despite some us of trying to redirect you and others to the 520 page SF bashing thread you and your buddies just keep coming back.

SF aren't speaking for me when they are calling for his resignation. I'm speaking for myself any only for myself when I say that he should step aside. I'm not asking for him to give up his seat or anything like that but rather I'm simply saying that while he is under criminal investigation for leaking a document (which he admits leaking) then it is completely inappropriate for him to hold the office of Tainiste or any other Ministerial job.

In a word... Yes
It's a fair enough opinion to believe Varadkar should stand aside, taken alone on the merits of the case

The point is, it's would be a totally ludicrous opinion for any SF supporter to believe Varadkar should stand aside after denying that O'Neill and Adams should stand aside when they were under criminal investigation

SF supporters continually defend SF by invoking things which are nothing to do with SF

But bringing up Adams and O'Neill's refusal to stand aside when under criminal investigation is perfectly legitimate - it is to demonstrate that SF have no moral standards

The thing is that the more SF whine about this, the more they are actually driving public sympathy for Varadkar from a place where he might not have had it

That would be the case if any party or political group made the claim and not SF. The very fact it was SF is what makes the rest of the post relevant

sid waddell

In a word... Yes

No, it definitely was

Because SF supporters are in favour of a party of with a long history of criminality and brass neckery and thus have no moral authority whatsoever to speak on the Varadkar issue

That cannot be repeated enough

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 04:03:50 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:44:50 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 16, 2021, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:26:14 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:24:13 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2021, 03:08:52 PM

Michelle O'Neill didn't stand aside when under investigation and in fact refused to, so why should Leo?

Cos he likes to paint himself as superior to SF? Cos MO'N wasn't the incoming Taoiseach? Cos she wasn't being investigated for corruption?
Varadkar is superior to SF

In terms of morals, ability, action, trustworthiness, accountability

That's not hard to be fair - so is my local drug dealer

Telling statement that one.

It explains a lot
In what way?

The use of the word "my"   ;)
Do expand, you're being very cryptic, you seem a bit scared of clarity about exactly what you mean

"my local drug dealer" would suggest he (or she, don't want to be too sexist) is your drug dealer.

my (from a dictionary)

determiner;   of or belonging to me (= the speaker or writer):

Freudian slip  ;D
So are you saying I'm a user of illegal drugs?

I can tell you where my local rugby club is but I'm not a member, nor do I attend matches

I'd suggest you use "the" instead of "my then

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2021, 04:10:21 PM

In a word... Yes

That would be the case if any party or political group made the claim and not SF. The very fact it was SF is what makes the rest of the post relevant

The Gardai have decided to pursue a criminal investigation against him.

Odd how you only want to discuss another political party and not the issue at play.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 16, 2021, 04:23:08 PM

In a word... Yes

The Gardai have decided to pursue a criminal investigation against him.

Odd how you only want to discuss another political party and not the issue at play.
Gerry Adams and Michelle O'Neill were under criminal investigation and SF refused to stand them aside

Nowhere on this forum have I seen you or any other Sinn Fein supporter say they should have stood aside

In fact everything from yis and Sinn Fein supporters elsewhere online points to the opposite - that you supported them refusing to stand aside

Therefore your opinions as regards Vardakar are totally worthless because it's clear you only have a football team view of politics and have no moral or ethical standards

You're purely a propaganda shill for Sinn Fein

And that's something which is common to most online Sinn Fein supporters - they can't debate honestly, they can only propagandise

Vincent Browne exposed SF's hypocrisy yesterday

Put the cat among the pigeons beautifully

He's a fierce rogue

Angelo

Imagine if every poster decided to spam this board and every thread with their political prejudices like a cohort of posters are here.

straightred

In a word... Yes

Oh FFS. How many times has this to be explained. You just can't help yourself.

This has nothing to do with SF. This is Chay Bowe's story which the Village Magazine ran with. SF or (indeed any other political party) had nothing to do with it so I've no idea what you mean by "made the claim". SF have the same relevance to the story as Paul Murphy or anyone in the Social Democrats or the Labour party has, i.e. none.

I think i'll bow out. Reminder to self: never try to moderate on a forum again

Rossfan

Sinn Féin did go berserk on the subject yesterday (incl starting a thread here) months after the story first broke and months after Varadkar gave his response in the Dáil.
Most non Shinners suspect it was to obscure their differing policies on abortion in the 6 and 26.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 04:18:50 PM

In a word... Yes

No, it definitely was

Because SF supporters are in favour of a party of with a long history of criminality and brass neckery and thus have no moral authority whatsoever to speak on the Varadkar issue

That cannot be repeated enough

If definitely wasn't. The question was nothing to do with SF so bringing them up was not required in your answer

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2021, 04:57:52 PM
Sinn Féin did go berserk on the subject yesterday (incl starting a thread here) months after the story first broke and months after Varadkar gave his response in the Dáil.
Most non Shinners suspect it was to obscure their differing policies on abortion in the 6 and 26.

I had no idea SF posted on this board. Learn something new everyday I guess.

dublin7

Quote from: straightred on March 16, 2021, 04:46:27 PM

In a word... Yes

Oh FFS. How many times has this to be explained. You just can't help yourself.

This has nothing to do with SF. This is Chay Bowe's story which the Village Magazine ran with. SF or (indeed any other political party) had nothing to do with it so I've no idea what you mean by "made the claim". SF have the same relevance to the story as Paul Murphy or anyone in the Social Democrats or the Labour party has, i.e. none.

I think i'll bow out. Reminder to self: never try to moderate on a forum again

Mary Lou was on national radio this morning demanding Leo resign. I've no idea if Paul Murphy, the Social Democrats  or the Labour Party think he should resign as I didn't hear or see anything from them in the media in recent days.

Now if you think Mary Lou went on national radio specifically to say Leo should resign in her own personal capacity and not as the leader of SF you can't expect anyone to believe that.

I suppose one way SF can deny accusations of hypocrisy is to deny all knowledge or claim it never happened.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/leo-varadkar-needs-go-mary-23724545

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-newstalk-breakfast/mary-lou-mcdonald-calls-for-leo-varadkar-to-resign

Angelo

The trolls are desperate to help highjack a thread on the Tanaiste bring under criminal investigation into a SF bashing exercise. There is a dedicated thread with 520 pages plus for SF bashing. I don't we need every thread brought down a rabbit hole of SF bashing.

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 03:38:29 PM

I answered a f**king question.

Sorry I dont follow?