Should Leo stand down until investigation complete?

Started by macker15, March 15, 2021, 07:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should  Leo Stand down

Yay
30 (75%)
Nay
10 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Snapchap

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2021, 03:08:52 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2021, 02:45:52 PM
Trailer - try and forget about Sinn Fein for a minute

do YOU think that the Tanaiste should be allowed work in his role when he is under Garda investigation for leaking confidential information to his friend?

Michelle O'Neill didn't stand aside when under investigation and in fact refused to, so why should Leo?

Cos he likes to paint himself as superior to SF? Cos MO'N wasn't the incoming Taoiseach? Cos she wasn't being investigated for corruption?

sid waddell

do YOU think that the Tanaiste should be allowed work in his role when he is under Garda investigation for leaking confidential information to his friend?

Michelle O'Neill didn't stand aside when under investigation and in fact refused to, so why should Leo?

The Sinn Fein Constitution Rule 1.1 specifically states: "We reserve the right to have one standard for ourselves but apply an entirely different standard to everybody else, and feel no shame whatsoever about that"

Angelo

So the SF bashers are intent on spamming up a thread not about SF about SF.

I'm at pains to say it here but we already have a 520 page thread for SF bashing, do we really need the same tiresome bores to hijack every thread with their dimwitted nonsense?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 16, 2021, 02:22:59 PM
Did Sinn Fein request ministers step aside during the Cash for Ash inquiry?

Yes and famously tried to get Arlene to step aside. When she faced them down they collapsed Stormont and famously said no return to the Status Quo. Irish language Act anois etc etc. Basically a whole load of shite and then returned to Stormont with Arlene as FM and of course no ILA.

the SDLP also asked for Arlene to step aside as did the Alliance at that time. But as they were outside the tent pissing in no one paid attention.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 03:15:34 PM

Cos he likes to paint himself as superior to SF? Cos MO'N wasn't the incoming Taoiseach? Cos she wasn't being investigated for corruption?
Varadkar is superior to SF

In terms of morals, ability, action, trustworthiness, accountability

That's not hard to be fair - so is my local drug dealer

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:24:13 PM

Telling statement that one.

Snapchap

You accused me of being "into dead children" and totally fabricated an accusation against another poster that he accused you of child rape. You are sub-human and I don't wish to engage in any form of debate with you.

straightred

Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 02:54:46 PM

Why should anybody forget about Sinn Fein now when any time the PIRA are brought up you bring up the old IRA?

Shinners created these rules

Don't complain about the rules - you created them

SF and SF supporters like you have zero moral authority to complain about the misdeeds of any other politicians because SF for years has been about corruption and murder

Whatever has gone on in FF and FG for decades, SF are far, far worse

Because this issue has nothing to do with SF and despite some us of trying to redirect you and others to the 520 page SF bashing thread you and your buddies just keep coming back.

SF aren't speaking for me when they are calling for his resignation. I'm speaking for myself any only for myself when I say that he should step aside. I'm not asking for him to give up his seat or anything like that but rather I'm simply saying that while he is under criminal investigation for leaking a document (which he admits leaking) then it is completely inappropriate for him to hold the office of Tainiste or any other Ministerial job.

The thread title is "Should  Leo stand down until investigation complete?"
In a word... Yes

tonto1888

Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:26:14 PM

It explains a lot

trailer

I answered a f**king question.

sid waddell

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 16, 2021, 03:36:56 PM

It explains a lot
In what way?

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:41:14 PM

It explains a lot
In what way?

The use of the word "my"   ;)

sid waddell

Quote from: straightred on March 16, 2021, 03:29:29 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 02:54:46 PM

Why should anybody forget about Sinn Fein now when any time the PIRA are brought up you bring up the old IRA?

Shinners created these rules

Don't complain about the rules - you created them

SF and SF supporters like you have zero moral authority to complain about the misdeeds of any other politicians because SF for years has been about corruption and murder

Whatever has gone on in FF and FG for decades, SF are far, far worse

Because this issue has nothing to do with SF and despite some us of trying to redirect you and others to the 520 page SF bashing thread you and your buddies just keep coming back.

SF aren't speaking for me when they are calling for his resignation. I'm speaking for myself any only for myself when I say that he should step aside. I'm not asking for him to give up his seat or anything like that but rather I'm simply saying that while he is under criminal investigation for leaking a document (which he admits leaking) then it is completely inappropriate for him to hold the office of Tainiste or any other Ministerial job.

The thread title is "Should  Leo stand down until investigation complete?"
In a word... Yes
It's a fair enough opinion to believe Varadkar should stand aside, taken alone on the merits of the case

The point is, it's would be a totally ludicrous opinion for any SF supporter to believe Varadkar should stand aside after denying that O'Neill and Adams should stand aside when they were under criminal investigation

And that's the view SF supporters here seem to hold

So that total hypocrisy naturally becomes a focus of discussion

SF supporters continually defend SF by invoking things which are nothing to do with SF

They are the masters of illegitimate and trolling whataboutery

But bringing up Adams and O'Neill's refusal to stand aside when under criminal investigation is perfectly legitimate - it is to demonstrate that SF have no moral standards

The thing is that the more SF whine about this, the more they are actually driving public sympathy for Varadkar from a place where he might not have had it

SF's interventions very much help Varadkar in the court of public opinion

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:44:50 PM

It explains a lot
In what way?

Do expand, you're being very cryptic, you seem a bit scared of clarity about exactly what you mean

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on March 16, 2021, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 03:44:50 PM

It explains a lot
In what way?

Do expand, you're being very cryptic, you seem a bit scared of clarity about exactly what you mean

"my local drug dealer" would suggest he (or she, don't want to be too sexist) is your drug dealer.

my (from a dictionary)

determiner;   of or belonging to me (= the speaker or writer):

Freudian slip  ;D