Should Leo stand down until investigation complete?

Started by macker15, March 15, 2021, 07:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should  Leo Stand down

Yay
30 (75%)
Nay
10 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

"Taoiseach Micheál Martin has "no intention" of replying to the Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald's request for a meeting"

He must have a thing about not replying to letters asking for a meeting. Only a few weeks ago, it was revealed he didn't reply to a letter from a victims group from the north asking to meet him either. Seems he mistakenly thought the group only represented victims of collusion, and sure as victims go, what use have they ever been to FFG?

Angelo

Martin further exposing himself as the most pathetic and weakest leader in his party's history. He has even had own elements of his party coming out and saying Varadkar has to go.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 12:40:50 PM
"Taoiseach Micheál Martin has "no intention" of replying to the Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald's request for a meeting"

He must have a thing about not replying to lettersasking for a meeting. Only a few weeks ago, it was revealed he didn't reply to a letter from a victims group from the north asking to meet him either. Seems he mistakenly thought the group only represented victims of collusion, and sure as victims go, what use have they ever been to FFG?

He's a pathetic guttersnipe politician. His comments on the Troubles victims just shows the utter contempt FFG have for northern nationalists. For me the feeling is mutual though, Martin and Varadkar for me represent the lowest of the low.

What amazes me is Martin is a man who took bungs off property developers, lied his arse off in a tribunal and none of his media friends ever seem to want to drag that past up.

Snapchap

Just listening back to Pat Kenny's hard hitting interview with Varadkar this morning. So far he's been asked:

- How he's feeling (yeah, seriously)
- If there even is a criminal investigation ongoing because the only reports about this have been media reports.

Followed by a softball question about Mary Lou giving Leo a chance to go on an entirely uninterrupted rant about SF and Bobby Storey's funeral.

macker15

Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 01:05:09 PM
Just listening back to Pat Kenny's hard hitting interview with Varadkar this morning. So far he's been asked:

- If there even is a criminal investigation ongoing because the only reports about this have been media reports.

Followed by a softball question about Mary Lou giving Leo a chance to go on an entirely uninterrupted rant about SF and Bobby Storey's funeral.

This funeral is continously brought up yet Golf gate is brushed under the carpet.  I wonder how that garda investigation is going? 🙄🙄

Angelo

Quote from: macker15 on March 16, 2021, 01:41:15 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 01:05:09 PM

This funeral is continously brought up yet Golf gate is brushed under the carpet.  I wonder how that garda investigation is going? 🙄🙄

Little equivalence is made to the Garda funeral in Mayo which had every bit as many breaches as the Bobby Storey funeral and had the Minister for Justice at the time and Head of the Gardai there too.

Now if you can find me references from politicians to the Garda funeral and breaches I'd like to see them.

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on March 16, 2021, 12:45:11 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 12:40:50 PM

He must have a thing about not replying to lettersasking for a meeting. Only a few weeks ago, it was revealed he didn't reply to a letter from a victims group from the north asking to meet him either. Seems he mistakenly thought the group only represented victims of collusion, and sure as victims go, what use have they ever been to FFG?

He's a pathetic guttersnipe politician. His comments on the Troubles victims just shows the utter contempt FFG have for northern nationalists. For me the feeling is mutual though, Martin and Varadkar for me represent the lowest of the low.

What amazes me is Martin is a man who took bungs off property developers, lied his arse off in a tribunal and none of his media friends ever seem to want to drag that past up.

Martin is the worst Taoiseach we have ever had, I genuinely mean that. There is nothing to the man. He stands for nothing. You can be at different sides and admire the single mindedness of your opponent but in the case of Martin, there is nothing to admire.

manfromdelmonte

Did Sinn Fein request ministers step aside during the Cash for Ash inquiry?

trailer

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 16, 2021, 02:22:59 PM

Yes and famously tried to get Arlene to step aside. When she faced them down they collapsed Stormont and famously said no return to the Status Quo. Irish language Act anois etc etc. Basically a whole load of shite and then returned to Stormont with Arlene as FM and of course no ILA.

Itchy

Trailer - try and forget about Sinn Fein for a minute

do YOU think that the Tanaiste should be allowed work in his role when he is under Garda investigation for leaking confidential information to his friend?

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 16, 2021, 02:22:59 PM

Yes and famously tried to get Arlene to step aside. When she faced them down they collapsed Stormont and famously said no return to the Status Quo. Irish language Act anois etc etc. Basically a whole load of shite and then returned to Stormont with Arlene as FM and of course no ILA.

Bizarre contributions from two posters on a thread about Leo Varakdar stepping down.

It seems some posters can't speak objectively on matters.

sid waddell

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2021, 02:45:52 PM

do YOU think that the Tanaiste should be allowed work in his role when he is under Garda investigation for leaking confidential information to his friend?
Why should anybody forget about Sinn Fein now when any time the PIRA are brought up you bring up the old IRA?

Shinners created these rules

Don't complain about the rules - you created them

SF and SF supporters like you have zero moral authority to complain about the misdeeds of any other politicians because SF for years has been about corruption and murder

Whatever has gone on in FF and FG for decades, SF are far, far worse

dublin7

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2021, 02:45:52 PM

Michelle O'Neill didn't stand aside when under investigation and in fact refused to, so why should Leo?