Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Get Southgate locked in for next season  ;)

tiempo

Quote from: clonian on April 05, 2024, 02:51:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2024, 12:16:52 PMBar Garnacho, Evans was Utd's best player last night for the time he was on the pitch

In hindsight letting him go for Rojo was a massive error. He has been excellent every time he's played this season

They used to say about that Insua fella at Liverpool, does he get on for Liverpool because he plays for Argentina, or get on for Argentina cus he plays for Liverpool. Guess Evans wasn't sexy enough back then, Welbeck was a loss too, much better than Rashford

I dare say Rory Beggan could do a job at centre half at this rate

Armagh18

Quote from: tiempo on April 05, 2024, 02:59:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2024, 12:16:52 PMBar Garnacho, Evans was Utd's best player last night for the time he was on the pitch

In hindsight letting him go for Rojo was a massive error. He has been excellent every time he's played this season

They used to say about that Insua fella at Liverpool, does he get on for Liverpool because he plays for Argentina, or get on for Argentina cus he plays for Liverpool. Guess Evans wasn't sexy enough back then, Welbeck was a loss too, much better than Rashford

I dare say Rory Beggan could do a job at centre half at this rate
I'd say I could!

Blowitupref

Left back was the bigger issue for United last night even though they ended up playing four different centre backs.

Dalot is a right back filling in. Went AWOL for the first goal. Gave away the penalty and at 3-3 he then decided to go on a bizarre offensive run which got turned over and ended up a Chelsea corner from which they scored from. Of the 57 different injuries United have got this season it appears the one to Shaw at left back has proved the most costly.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

AustinPowers

Absolutely. Evans  was always a solid defender I thought. 

LVG let him go , along  with Hernandez, and Welbeck .  I'd have either ahead of Rashford

Cunny Funt

The end result today a lot better than expected but the poor display 1st half probably not as surprise with such a make shift defence and off the back of such demoralising defeat just three days ago. The one goal conceded in that half the usual nodding off on a set piece.

2nd half much improved or be it got back into with a gift. Mainoo goal was good enough to win any game and may well have won that match but for that lack of discipline by Wan Bissaka to give away a penalty.  Only 2 points for United in their last three games. 6th place spot is in danger now meaning a possible drop to the conference league or no European football at next season.

One bit of positive news about the club at the moment is the U18s going so well including a 9-1 away win against Liverpool yesterday.

snoopdog

If those 2 points prevent Liverpool winning the league then it's a great result. Give the 3 points to Arsenal in the final home game. ;D

NAG1

Shocking how bad they can be in one instance and then how dangerous they can look in the next moment.

That inconsistency in one spell within a game never mind across a few games is unreal.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2024, 10:01:10 AMShocking how bad they can be in one instance and then how dangerous they can look in the next moment.

That inconsistency in one spell within a game never mind across a few games is unreal.

Relying on players scoring worldies isn't a sustainable way to challenge for the title.

AustinPowers

Quote from: johnnycool on April 08, 2024, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2024, 10:01:10 AMShocking how bad they can be in one instance and then how dangerous they can look in the next moment.

Relying on players scoring worldies isn't a sustainable way to challenge for the title.

Why who is  challenging for the title?  It certainly isn't United

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 08, 2024, 12:29:26 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 08, 2024, 11:53:12 AM

Why who is  challenging for the title?  It certainly isn't United
Thats where they ultimately want to be although they're obviously miles off

statto

Quote from: lurganblue on April 05, 2024, 02:58:03 PMGet Southgate locked in for next season  ;)
Is he really that bad an appointment compared to ETH? The number of shots that United concede is absolutely shocking and this mainly due to the gaps between defence, midfield and up front so easy to play through. Southgate would  have them a more stable outfit and has got big performances from Rashford in the past.  Could be possibly get a tune out of Sancho?

NAG1

Steady Eddie appointment, look at his performances with a really talented England squad.

Sancho would be the type of player he would avoid I would imagine even at club level. Shows no signs of being tactically adept or inspirational.

Can see some reasons why they would look at him but he wouldn't be for me that's for sure.

thewobbler

Paddy Power summed him up succinctly at the weekend...

"There's only one man who can stop Phil Foden in this kind of form, and that's Gareth Southgate".