Total Members Voted: 20

screenexile

The Trap

Wildweasel74

Final likely be Glen v Coleraine!

Real Talk

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 03, 2018, 09:57:18 PM
Final likely be Glen v Coleraine!

Hope so,  I like to see a more expansive game of football played with real passion and drive ......sure who knows !!!!!

screenexile

Quote from: The Trap on October 03, 2018, 09:49:43 PM
Was ref hit at the end? Again

Apparently so... mental stuff what exactly does hitting the ref achieve?

Low and Hard

Quote from: screenexile on October 03, 2018, 10:59:02 PM
Quote from: The Trap on October 03, 2018, 09:49:43 PM
Was ref hit at the end? Again

Apparently so... mental stuff what exactly does hitting the ref achieve?

What's the right story here?
Very difficult to accept defeat when you've been winning for so long.
Sneil have represented Derry well over th past few years but personally could never warm to their style of play unlike the great bellaghy/ballinderry teams. They've Missed the boat on an AI now which is disappointing.

Wildweasel74

I remember a game against Slaughtneil and Dungiven years ago were ref was attacked after the game too at Glenullin!

restorepride

Quote from: left peg on October 03, 2018, 11:14:24 PM
Things learnt from Owenbeg this evening

Patsy Bradley is done (no shame)
Liam McGoldrick struck twice wasn't cautioned
Niall Holly consistently tackled with a closed fist wasn't cautioned
Coleraine no2 struck with fist wasn't cautioned
Sammy Bradley had a stinker
If Mickey Moran had have been along the line Slaughtneil would have beaten referee and all
Karl McKaigue wasn't fit
Paudie Tad is a joy to watch
Big no10 McGuigan was awful
Coleraine are a decent side
Dan Mullan should never be allowed inside the grounds of a GAA pitch again EVER!
Slaughtneil weren't their best Coleraine played very well but what I witnessed from start to finish was cheating, I can't possibly butter it up!

I fancy Lavey to cause an upset with glen and screen won't be any good to Coleraine even though they'll be tired!
Cheating? From start to end? Rubbish. Coleraine gave a tactical masterclass in the second half, response from the Slaughtneil sideline was weak. Goal was the big score, fair play to Colm McColdrick who was having a real real stinker in the first half. He also took his share of punishment. Not sure that Brendan Rodgers was fully match fit. Sean Leo was outstanding in the second half. Mooney made some difference when moved to midfield. Scenes at end disgraceful and unwarranted.  Ref should have awarded 2 definite frees to Slaughtneil in last 10 minutes, the rest was crowd frustration boiled over.  I think that the "supporters" who attacked him are the ones you should look at not "letting in" again - a bit of mixed-up logic there! 

restorepride

Just to clarify for neutral posters, it was not a dirty game. No straight reds given or deserved on either side, in my opinion.  Actually a very enjoyable game which Slaughtneil controlled in the first half, Coleraine did not even score in the first quarter. Some of the points from Shane McGuigan and Brian Cassidy were superb.  Second half, Eoghan Rua controlled the ball, the tactics and the game. The Slaughtneil team and players have been great champions and remain a credit to their club and county. Some fabulous footballers there who will be back, no doubt about that.

Past It

If Mickey Moran had have been along the line Slaughtneil would have beaten referee and all
Karl McKaigue wasn't fit
Dan Mullan should never be allowed inside the grounds of a GAA pitch again EVER!
Slaughtneil weren't their best Coleraine played very well but what I witnessed from start to finish was cheating, I can't possibly butter it up!

I fancy Lavey to cause an upset with glen and screen won't be any good to Coleraine even though they'll be tired!

Ridiculous overview, Shane mcguigan rugby tackled liam.mcgoldrick at least 5 times. Liam had no choice but to wrestle free, Dan Mullan was very generous to Slaughtneil in the 2015 final. Jerome mcguigan could easily have picked up 2nd yellow as could mcgrath, brian cassidy executed a perfect rugby tackle and got a yellow. In saying that, the assault on Dan mullan was probably justified....

restorepride

Quote from: Past It on October 04, 2018, 01:51:21 AM

Karl McKaigue wasn't fit

Ridiculous overview, Shane mcguigan rugby tackled liam.mcgoldrick at least 5 times. Liam had no choice but to wrestle free, Dan Mullan was very generous to Slaughtneil in the 2015 final. Jerome mcguigan could easily have picked up 2nd yellow as could mcgrath, brian cassidy executed a perfect rugby tackle and got a yellow. In saying that, the assault on Dan mullan was probably justified....
You might want to justify that post when you sober up! 

Past It

theticklemister

Quote from: Past It on October 04, 2018, 01:51:21 AM

Karl McKaigue wasn't fit

Arsehole. What a piece of scum you really are.

Estimator

So that is two referees that Players/Management/Supporters (delete as appropriate) have gone for in recent weeks. Two referees that according to some shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a GAA pitch again.

Two referees that have barely warranted a comment on here over the last few years are now after one game, not fit for purpose.

Social media reaction is some craic as well. With comments like "corrupt" and "power hungry." Some calling for Slaughtneil players not to tog our for the county.

Hopefully we get through last 3 C'ship games without any such incidents or we'll end up with no referee's that should be near a GAA pitch for next season.
Ulster League Champions 2009