?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Glenman93

Quote from: screenexile on September 24, 2018, 07:56:03 PM
All very quick to condemn but the CB should be commended for fixing the Coleraine Sneil game for next Wednesday night!!

Wasn't the cb. Both teams asked for it

You, Yew and Ewe

Great gesture by JP McManus giving each county in Ireland 100,000 euros for the development of Gaelic games.  Money which is to be divided equally amongst the clubs within that county. 

Link

Quote from: screenexile on September 24, 2018, 07:56:03 PM
All very quick to condemn but the CB should be commended for fixing the Coleraine Sneil game for next Wednesday night!!

don't get the logic here. Surely the winners play 3 times in 8 days anyway if the semi finals are still 7th October.

Wildweasel74

So we lost another promising player to aussie rules! Taking a hit of good up and coming big players these days!@

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 28, 2018, 11:43:11 AM
So we lost another promising player to aussie rules! Taking a hit of good up and coming big players these days!@

Who?

theticklemister

tbrick18

Quote from: theticklemister on September 30, 2018, 01:29:05 PM
Callum Brown

Ah FFS.
Cant blame the cub. Every one of these guys we lose, makes it a longer road back for Derry.
Got to hurt the clubs first and foremost though.

markl121

Seriously disappointed by this. Real top talent that lad. Any word of conor glass coming back? 😆

valeman

Callum Brown

Is this confirmed? I heard last week that he had ripped up the contract and wasn't going?

Disappointing if true but cant blame any lad that takes that chance.

oakleaflad

Quote from: valeman on October 02, 2018, 12:32:22 PM
Callum Brown

Is this confirmed? I heard last week that he had ripped up the contract and wasn't going?

Disappointing if true but cant blame any lad that takes that chance.
Very dramatic. He could be doing with staying if he's to progress to the senior team, not the finished article but has serious potential given his athletic ability.
That being said you can't blame him if he wants to take the opportunity.

toby47

A contract and a go at being a professional athlete or playing vs Waterford/London next year for promotion to play against Offaly & Carlow the next.

Only one winner for the young fella. I wish him every success if he decides to go to Oz.

tonesfirstandlast

Normal service Resumed. The mighty blues against our neighbours in the minor final. A minor title to sit alongside our U14s title would be nice now.
On a different note, if owenbeg have not the stewards to put on these games then bring it to south Derry.

You, Yew and Ewe

What's the consensus on the proposed rule changes that could be used as experimental rules next year in the Allianz National League, before being formally introduced in 2020 for the grassroots?

1- A restriction to 3 consecutive hand passes
2- Side-line kicks to be played forward (unless inside the attacking 13m line)
3- A 'mark' if the ball is caught on or inside the 20m line if played from on or beyond the 45m line
4- A black card, or two yellow cards results in 10 minutes in the 'sin-bin'.  A second black or yellow card results in a red.  No replacements and back to five subs.
5- From a kick-out only two players from each team between the 45's, until the ball is kicked.  The ball to travel beyond the 45.

All I'd say is who'd want to be a referee after the recent scenes?  Not because they'll have to apply the new rules but because of the knuckle-draggers who won't have a clue what's happening!

oakleaflad

Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on October 03, 2018, 09:25:30 AM
What's the consensus on the proposed rule changes that could be used as experimental rules next year in the Allianz National League, before being formally introduced in 2020 for the grassroots?

3- A 'mark' if the ball is caught on or inside the 20m line if played from on or beyond the 45m line
4- A black card, or two yellow cards results in 10 minutes in the 'sin-bin'.  A second black or yellow card results in a red.  No replacements and back to five subs.
5- From a kick-out only two players from each team between the 45's, until the ball is kicked.  The ball to travel beyond the 45.

All I'd say is who'd want to be a referee after the recent scenes?  Not because they'll have to apply the new rules but because of the knuckle-draggers who won't have a clue what's happening!
Sin-Bin possibly worth trialing for a black card, the punishment is too harsh on the player currently in my opinion. Don't like any of the rest myself.

Rawhide

Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on October 03, 2018, 09:25:30 AM

1 utter nonsense
2 uter nonsense
3 possibility, as long as play can continue to create gl opportunity
4 agree a team needs to be pemalised for these type of fouls
5 can't agree with it, just doing away with strategy on kickouts which imo has imoroved the game

Would prefer a strict rule on only one player can tackle the ball player, and that for me sorts alot of issues out. And I mean strictly, ie so if another player surrounds the ball player and touches him or prevents his movement,whilst his team mate is actually tackling, its a free in.
cccc is a true supporter lol