Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Very sad. A thoroughly decent man. RIP.

trailer

Jim Bob

A very modest man despite training two All Ireland winning teams.
a true gentleman
RIP Fergal

Angelo

Terrible news about Fergal McCann.

A lot of tributes when people pass away can seem a bit patronising but you can tell by the words for him that people were speaking very genuinely and sincerely of how well he was thought of. RIP.

On a separate note and just to getting some bit of football discussion here, something I was discussing over Christmas with a few friends was who'd win between an East and West Tyrone selection.

Now how you divide East and West Up is debatable. I'd always consider Errigal more west than east even though geographically it is probably more east than west. So I'd put Carrickmore at the boundary line and as I'm going with Errigal in the West, the East get Carrickmore.

So with that mind this is what I've come up with.

East:

1. Morgan 8.5
2. Rafferty 8
3. Hampsey 8
4. McKernan 7
5. Cassidy 7.5
6. M O'Neill 7
7. K McGeary 7
8. C Cavanagh 7.5
9. Kennedy 7.5
10. F Burns 7.5
11. C McKenna 9
12. Donaghy 7
13. McCurry 7.5
14. McNulty 7
15. McAliskey 7.5

EAST TOTAL 113.5

West:

1. Gallen 7
2. R Brennan 8.5
3. McNamee 8.5
4. Kelly 7
5. T McCann 7
6. Teague 7
7. Harte 8
8. M Donnelly 8.5
9. R Donnelly 7
10. Sludden 7.5
11. M Bradley 7.5
12. Meyler 7
13. L Brennan7
14. McShane 9
15. Canavan 7.5

WEST TOTAL 114

I think what's notable is there's barely a proper midfield option in the county in the West of Tyrone. All the best natural midfielders in Tyrone tend to come from the East - Kennedy, Cavanagh, McNulty, Kilpatrick. The best I could see in the west were the two Donnellys neithr whom I think are really natural midfield options. Other than that the mix is fairly even between the two. Obviously there will be differences in a lot of views on that but I think you could easily have two Div 1 standard teams in each of those selections.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Mickey Coleman is unwell in New York. Prayers required.

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on March 31, 2021, 11:01:52 AM
Mickey Coleman is unwell in New York. Prayers required.

Hopefully he pulls through.

Dire Ear

GetOverTheBar

Nearly forgot about the draw last night too.

Cavan at Healy Park. Not a bad way to start it off. Very tough task for new management.

Theshooter

Great to hear Conroy from the Moy up trialling with the county the year. Plenty of young blood on this years panel.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Theshooter on April 21, 2021, 12:18:39 PM
Great to hear Conroy from the Moy up trialling with the county the year. Plenty of young blood on this years panel.
Some amount of players involved with the county at the minute. Surely about 15 of them will be released back to their clubs and get game time.

trailer

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 21, 2021, 04:35:13 PM
Some amount of players involved with the county at the minute. Surely about 15 of them will be released back to their clubs and get game time.

If he can stay injury free he has a great chance.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: trailer on April 22, 2021, 01:30:28 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 21, 2021, 04:35:13 PM

If he can stay injury free he has a great chance.
Maybe longer term but good luck to him trying to get ahead of Bradley, McCurry, McAliskey, Brennan etc in the next year or two.

Angelo

10 days until the national league kicks off and barely a dickie bird about it.

I'd really liked to have seen a full league season this year, would have allowed the management team to get a good look at the players involved but it is what it is.

I'd be expecting us to qualify for the league semi-finals along with Donegal so the first match is obviously vital.

Presume we'll be carrying a big enough squad this year?

Who are the confirmed departures from last year's squad?

McClure
Coney
Loughran
C McCann
C Cavanagh
Murnaghan
McCrory

Anyone else I've omitted there. Obviously with players only recently back training and all there doesn't seem to be too much word outside the camp.

When is McShane likely to resume action? It's about 15 months now since his injury.

GetOverTheBar

There was over 45 on a wider panel at one stage. I don't think anyone has been cut from that but that must come soon.

Angelo

Quote from: Gaagaagaa20 on May 05, 2021, 04:59:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 05, 2021, 12:38:12 PM
10 days until the national league kicks off and barely a dickie bird about it.

I'd really liked to have seen a full league season this year, would have allowed the management team to get a good look at the players involved but it is what it is.

I'd be expecting us to qualify for the league semi-finals along with Donegal so the first match is obviously vital.

Presume we'll be carrying a big enough squad this year?

Who are the confirmed departures from last year's squad?

McClure
Coney
Loughran
C McCann
C Cavanagh
Murnaghan
McCrory

Anyone else I've omitted there. Obviously with players only recently back training and all there doesn't seem to be too much word outside the camp.

When is McShane likely to resume action? It's about 15 months now since his injury.
McClure back in, they must think we're going to see something we haven't already seen before from him

To be fair I'd say McClure still offers more than the likes of Ben McDonnell.

We're not well stocked with natural midfielders. Would not be surprised to see Mattie in midfield this coming season. Think we need natural midfielders there. For me it's Kennedy and An Other.

Kennedy has had a lot of injuries since making the step up so hopefully he can get a good run of fitness.