Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: God14 on May 10, 2021, 04:03:20 PM
Tyrone slight favourites with PP at 5/6
5/4 Donegal

Tyrone need to sort the kick outs out. Find a reliable free taking solution. The rest should sort itself out.

You would wonder how Tyrone are slight favourites for the game. Donegal have had their number for a few years and with a new management time with limited timed to gel I would have put Donegal as strong favourites.

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 11, 2021, 05:54:50 PM
5/4 Donegal

Tyrone need to sort the kick outs out. Find a reliable free taking solution. The rest should sort itself out.

You would wonder how Tyrone are slight favourites for the game. Donegal have had their number for a few years and with a new management time with limited timed to gel I would have put Donegal as strong favourites.

There's a good buzz about Tyrone right now

McKenna on board.
Brilliant club championship last year that showcased the quality in the county
New management team to freshen things up
Guys like McNulty, Brennan, McAliskey and Munroe back in
McShane fit again

There's optimism there so we'll see how it translates on Saturday.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on May 11, 2021, 08:08:54 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 11, 2021, 05:54:50 PM
5/4 Donegal

There's a good buzz about Tyrone right now

McKenna on board.
Brilliant club championship last year that showcased the quality in the county
New management team to freshen things up
Guys like McNulty, Brennan, McAliskey and Munroe back in
McShane fit again

There's optimism there so we'll see how it translates on Saturday.

I agree there is plenty to be excited about. Can't wait to see how the new team works as they seem to playing it close to their chest which is good.

GetOverTheBar

I think the bookies are taking a bit of a gamble themselves on Tyrone, Donegal have been together under current management longer, you would think that will show in game at weekend.

The most important thing from a Tyrone point of view is not the points, it's just what the new management is going to do. Did they get rid of Harte for the attacking ball we all want? Or did they get rid of Harte for a younger rebrand?

CK_Redhand

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 12, 2021, 09:18:35 AM
I think the bookies are taking a bit of a gamble themselves on Tyrone, Donegal have been together under current management longer, you would think that will show in game at weekend.

5/6 ~= .545 implied probability
5/4 ~= .444 implied probability

The bookies are never "wrong", they will make (the smart amount of) money whatever the outcome (arbitrage). They simply react to the market. In other words, around 55% of the money bet by punters on the match is on Tyrone.

inroundthesquare

Morgan, Gallen, L Quinn

R Brennan, McNamee, Rafferty, HP McGeary, Hampsey, Kelly, C Quinn, C Munroe, Teague

T McCann, Burns, McKernan, Grimes, Cassidy, M O'Neill, J Munroe, Hamill, Shields

Kennedy, Kilpatrick, R Donnelly, McDonnell, McClure

M Donnelly, Sludden, Harte, McKenna, Meyler, K McGeary

McShane, McAliskey, McCurry, L Brennan, Canavan, R O'Neill, D McNulty, Bradley, Donaghy

That gives a squad of 41... Could have missed a few and included a few that aren't there.

Fuzzman

My first pick of the season
My first choice...
Morgan
Rafferty
McNamee
R. Brennan
J. Munroe
Hampsey
Cassidy
Richie Donnelly
Kilpatrick
Mattie
McKenna
P. Harte
McAliskey
McShane
Bradley

Tough leaving out Canavan and Meyler

GetOverTheBar

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 14, 2021, 12:43:41 PM
Hampsey new Captain of County.

Very interesting. He's had a rough two years of it with injury and has form has suffered badly.

Hopefully he's back to his best this year as he's a serious operator at his best.

omagh_gael

1. N Morgan

R Brennan       3. R Mac Namee                          4. P Hampsey

M Cassidy           6. P Harte                                    7. M O'Neill

F Burns                                9. B Kennedy

P Donaghy            11. M Donnelly         12. C Meyler

K Mc Geary         14. C McKenna         15. R Donnelly
Substitutes:                                           

B Gallen
M Bradley
L Brennan
D Canavan
D McClure
D McCurry
HP Mc Geary
M McKernan
C Munroe
L Rafferty
N Sludden

omagh_gael

Not many would have picked that team, so much to discuss. Great to see Donaghy get a rattle.

Don't have a clue how that forward line will set up tomorrow afternoon.

GetOverTheBar

Couldn't expect much else really that going size for size and pack the middle in an Ulster Clash. But looks much like a Harte-like team.
Donaghy up front on his own with McKenna playing around him then unless the usual raft of pre throw in changes.

Angelo

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 14, 2021, 04:10:16 PM
Not many would have picked that team, so much to discuss. Great to see Donaghy get a rattle.

Don't have a clue how that forward line will set up tomorrow afternoon.

Bit of jiggery pokery with the positions I'd presume.

For all the talk of getting to see the natural forwards there you would probably say only Donaghy is a scoring forward out of that lot.

I think we might see some changes before throw in.

Obviously McShane is not fit enough yet.

Harte is not a 6 either, teams will run right through us there so I'd expect McGeary will be back filling up there as a sweeper.

6 of the U21 AI team starting.

HokeyPokey

Hampsey and McGeary especially are interesting choices to me as Captain and Vice.

I'm not sure the merits of Donnelly being replaced. He's always seemed to be a player who stood up and really grabbed games at times. Then again it's not all about what goes on on the pitch I suppose... 

tyroneman

Hope McShane is almost there.

Need a FF of his calibre to rattle the big teams