European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on May 05, 2021, 09:51:15 AM
Good to see a new team at the top of the pile a real underdog club who've made it big I hope they go on and win it!

City and PSG are serious underdogs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Evil Genius

Five different English clubs have won the European Cup/Champions League to date, with another three having been beaten finalists (one by one of the five). No other country has even come close to such a wide range.

And that's before City make it either six winners or four runners-up, possibly against Chelsea.

With Man U seeming certain to reach the EL final and Arsenal possibly joining them, you can see why clubs/leagues on the continent increasingly both hate and fear the PL.

Which in turn explains why it wasn't just the money and protection from relegations etc which attracted clubs like Juve and Real Madrid to a Super League - it would have eviscerated the PL at the same time.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

smort

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 05, 2021, 12:28:57 PM
Five different English clubs have won the European Cup/Champions League to date, with another three having been beaten finalists (one by one of the five). No other country has even come close to such a wide range.

And that's before City make it either six winners or four runners-up, possibly against Chelsea.

With Man U seeming certain to reach the EL final and Arsenal possibly joining them, you can see why clubs/leagues on the continent increasingly both hate and fear the PL.

Which in turn explains why it wasn't just the money and protection from relegations etc which attracted clubs like Juve and Real Madrid to a Super League - it would have eviscerated the PL at the same time.

Good point. The European Super League is the Premier League. Those continental teams want a bit of the ever-increasing PL pie

Captain Obvious

Chelsea 1-0 ahead at half time,  even with a low amount possession they should exploited that Real Madrid defence more. Benzema Real Madrids best hope of getting back into this game and two good saves from Mendy

BennyCake

I actually think Chelsea would be more likely to beat City in the final, than Real.

I suppose those backstards winning the CL would be the breadth of a gnat's pubic hair better than City winning it.

imtommygunn

Yeah if Chelsea hold on I think they might win it. I hope not tbh. They are playing like a team who could get sucker punched here though.

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on May 05, 2021, 09:25:14 PM
I actually think Chelsea would be more likely to beat City in the final, than Real.

I suppose those backstards winning the CL would be the breadth of a gnat's pubic hair better than City winning it.
I think most neutrals will want Chelsea to win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

I called a Premier League Champion league final in February. Roman proved right to replace Lampard with Tuchel. PSG owners left to wonder why they sacked Tuchel at Christmas and replaced him with Pochettino.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: laoislad on May 05, 2021, 09:51:44 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 05, 2021, 09:25:14 PM

I think most neutrals will want Chelsea to win.

Chelsea as the lesser of two evils. Bonkers

GiveItToTheShooters

Amazed Liverpool bottled the semi final tie with Madrid, they were shocking.
Also bizarre why everyone seems to be up Chelsea's ass for the final, its almost as if they haven't been injected with billions worth of oil money ;D
As a Liverpool fan, I hope City win it, and the league too.
Purely because City are a small plastic club that won the lottery so I'm not arsed if they win a few trophies, theyre still well down the roll of honour.
Chelsea are too, make no mistake about it; but they've been around a wee bit longer. So out of the two, City are the "lesser" club so I'm more indifferent to them picking up their first european cup. I'm sure a lot of other fans of the top clubs would feel the same.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 06, 2021, 12:07:31 AM

More amazing and shocking that Liverpool lost at home to Burnley, Brighton, Everton, Fulham and didn't score a goal in any of those games.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 06, 2021, 12:07:31 AM
Also bizarre why everyone seems to be up Chelsea's ass for the final, its almost as if they haven't been injected with billions worth of oil money ;D
As a Liverpool fan, I hope City win it, and the league too.
Purely because City are a small plastic club that won the lottery so I'm not arsed if they win a few trophies, theyre still well down the roll of honour.
Chelsea are too, make no mistake about it; but they've been around a wee bit longer. So out of the two, City are the "lesser" club so I'm more indifferent to them picking up their first european cup. I'm sure a lot of other fans of the top clubs would feel the same.

I'm amazed Liverpool apparently made the semi finals, despite having lost a quarter  final.

Milltown Row2

It was a late post, cut him some slack, the post drips of pure snobbery to be honest.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

City might not admit it, but they would have been hoping Chelsea bottled that last night.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2021, 07:22:07 AM
It was a late post, cut him some slack, the post drips of pure snobbery to be honest.

Relax there MR2;  a jokey way of highlighting a typo, nothing more.