Boys from the county hell

Ronnie

1.  The Sick Bred of Cuchulainn
2. A Rainy Night in Soho
3. Boys from the County Hell
 in that order

AustinPowers

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on December 01, 2023, 11:18:49 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 30, 2023, 09:01:46 PMMisty Morning Albert Bridge
Broad Majestic Shannon
White City

But that's just today. Could be 3 others next week. So many to choose from.
Already Boys from the County Hell and Young Ned of the Hill could replace any of them.

Yup , already I'm  thinking of  Sunnyside of  the street, Waltzing Matilda, White city  and Lullaby of London . I could go on and on...

Tbh though, I'd  struggle here  if it was  the top 10 Pogues songs

weareros

While I prefer his original songs, for a cover I'd go with Shane's version of Gerry Rafferty's "Her Father Didn't Like Me anyway". His rendition of the last line had me in stitches.

time ticking away

Curiosity made me do it.
3 points for first choice
2 points for second choice
1 point for third choice

Soho 18
Sickbed 13
Thousands 11
Fairytale 10
Broad majestic 9
Albert Bridge 6
Irish Rover 5
Sally Mac Lennane 4
Streams of Whiskey 4
Brown eyes 3
Others 1 and 2
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Keyser soze

1 Thousands are Sailing
2 Broad Majestic Shannon
3 Brown Eyes

johnnycool

I was shocked by the number of people I'd met over the weekend didn't know Shane was born and reared in England..

Surely this was common knowledge.

gallsman

Quote from: johnnycool on December 04, 2023, 12:27:48 PMI was shocked by the number of people I'd met over the weekend didn't know Shane was born and reared in England..

Not only common knowledge, to an extent that was the whole point of the group. They were able to relate a very different way of being Irish to one that most of us would be/would have been familiar with. It also exposed them to their punk and varying folk influences. Anyone know what the punk scene was like in clonmel in the early to mid 70s?!

naka

burdizzo

Quote from: johnnycool on December 04, 2023, 12:27:48 PMI was shocked by the number of people I'd met over the weekend didn't know Shane was born and reared in England..

Yes - but what I DIDN'T know was that he was from a pretty middle class background, and was sent to a fee-paying primary school, and the 'rather posh' Westminster secondary school (from which he was expelled, I think).

laceer

Silver hill

AustinPowers

I think Haunted was  just Shane , not the Pogues