Aidan O'Mahony = Pathetic

Started by Tankie, August 24, 2008, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

This guys deserves to be bannedfor destroying a mans game! i think the Kerry boys are watching too much soccer!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Diet Coke

It's a pity because he's a great player, but I thought Donaghy and cooper weren't too far behind in their actions.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Rav67

His goading was awful too before he got viciously assaulted by O'Connor.  Will be interesting to see what the Kerry boys have to say about it.

Tyrones own

Well that's one less county we'll have to listen to now regarding Diving.... in it's purest form ::)
The term Pathetic doesn't do it justice. :-[
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

GalwayBayBoy

I very rarely take a dislike to a player but O'Mahony is definitely getting up there. Thoroughly unpleasant character.

Tankie

well Donaghy and Cooper are real bitches and spend most of the second half on the floor. when cork scored there second goal to go 3pts behind i was just waiting for cooper to get his hands on the ball and then spend 2mins on the ground after getting a knock!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Real1995

2b honest as a neutral the actions of the kerry players are probably turnin them in2 a hated team,their indiscipline,play acting and diving are pathetic.. for me donaghy takes it too far....
Nice guys always finish second!

INDIANA

embarrassing, and goading his opponent to boot. can't wait for the gobshite corps on the sunday game.

glens73

A bit of peotic justice at the end there with the dodgy penalty decision going against O'Mahoney.

Would the Cork lad have been sent off had O'Mahoney not thrown himself down like a pussy?? (I know he struck but some refs would let that go if there were no histrionics)

clarshack

i know it was "technically" a strike but donncha o'connor should get that red card rescinded. common sense should prevail but as we all know it very rarely does with the GAA top brass.

glens73

The GAA should take a stance and ban O'Mahoney for a game same as the Cork lad

under the bar

If the authorities don't act against the most cowardly act ever witnessed at headquarters they should hang their heads in shame.  He has brought disgrace both to his county and to the association

J70

Quote from: clarshack on August 24, 2008, 05:36:09 PM
i know it was "technically" a strike but donncha o'connor should get that red card rescinded. common sense should prevail but as we all know it very rarely does with the GAA top brass.

Then you're leaving the interpretation of the intensity of the strike up to the officials. As it is now, players know that if they're seen striking an opponent, no matter how harmless, they're gone. O'Connor has no cause for complaint.

Bord na Mona man

Kerry have roughly the same mix of pure footballers, sneaks, cheats and henchmen as any other successful team in the last 15 or 20 years. Armagh, Tyrone, Meath, Cork, Dublin etc.

Why we should enjoy putting the boot in to them, is the amount of preening they do to try and portray themselves as "the fillet of football", playing some sort of pure distilled version of the game.  ;)
Remember Billy Morgan made a few obvious observations a couple of years back about Kerry's abilities at the darker arts. A few Kerry folks went into meltdown. That kinda shows how big a deal the image cultivation is to them.

Once you try and exalt yourself as being a cut above, you should expect to get a bit of flak when you plainly don't live up to the lofty billing.

Puckoon

Quote from: J70 on August 24, 2008, 05:48:12 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 24, 2008, 05:36:09 PM

Then you're leaving the interpretation of the intensity of the strike up to the officials. As it is now, players know that if they're seen striking an opponent, no matter how harmless, they're gone. O'Connor has no cause for complaint.

Or not, as demonstrated in a high profile case from last weekend. The fact remains that the implementation of the rule is not clear cut.